Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: My 1g Thread

Accord of the Year - 2007

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.

Re: My 1g Thread

After all that work!!!! This has got to be a joke :-/.
    Complete repair manual <---- (click here)

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Sadly yeah this is for real. It's going to happen eventually but I guess this is the perfect time for me to sell the car since I've acquired an 86 Prelude for... free and I need a lot of cash to work on that car. Besides I'm already bored with the Accord. I've done all the possible things that I could do myself, minus engine work. That and frame damage I probably wouldn't sell her if I have to buy another car anyway.

Believe me its really hard for me to do this but it had to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by AccordB20A View Post
    found a buyer have you?
    Few people has called but then noone is 100% confirmed that they're going to buy the car yet.

Its pretty sad though. I've been driving this car since I got my license in 2003 and dad gave it to me when I started my college in 2004. 10 years. Learned everything about cars with this. I started with not knowing shit about cars, never worked on any before.

This is the first car I started doing body work on. Spray painted it back in 2002 LOL. Bad idea ><

Learned to drive in this pretty much. Backed into a pole because I was a noob and bent the bumper mounts LOL

You know what I love about this car? It never broke down on me. I remember years ago my clutch slave cylinder went out right when I came home and was trying to put the car in neutral. Pressed the clutch nope nothing o.O Come to think of it I was driving home from school and its like 45 minutes away.. in traffic!

Dealt with my depression with this car. Distracted me from thinking too much by working on her. Yup <3

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Haz likes the journey more than the destination. He was burning out on this car and now he has one that inspires him again. He needs money, so it makes sense to move on. Knowing when the project is done and moving forward is never a bad move. If Foose kept all the cars he does... well, he wouldn't get much business.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

and what is next

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    Haz likes the journey more than the destination. He was burning out on this car and now he has one that inspires him again. He needs money, so it makes sense to move on. Knowing when the project is done and moving forward is never a bad move. If Foose kept all the cars he does... well, he wouldn't get much business.
    This made me feel better for selling the car.

Quote Originally Posted by AccordB20A View Post
    and what is next
    A poolude lol

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    88 lxi

all i can say is now that you sold the 1g you better start putting in work on the prelude!!!! sad to see it go but snooz is right when its time to move on its time to move on. how much did you sell it for if you dont mind me asking?
    88 lxi:
    shortram, msd blaster 2 coil, lowered 2.5" in the rear 3" in the front, stripped because race car XD

Vehicle
    79 Accord hatch, 89 CR-X SiR, '74 Z360 h/top, '81 prelude, '65 S600

Best wishes for the changeover to the new toy, if sad to have to give up one for the other, & to have to do so without getting to really drive & get to know the new one properly, though they are nice.
    It's particularly hard letting go of your first.. I went back to mine in preference to my Vtec EF8 CR-X after all!

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

It wasn't sold yet but I had few people asking and there's this guy who seem to be very interested with it and can only come over and check the car in person in a few weeks. I'm asking for around US$3k too

I love the Accord and I probably wouldn't sell her if it wasn't for getting the Prelude for free.

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Quote Originally Posted by Hazwan View Post
    Learned everything about cars with this. I started with not knowing shit about cars, never worked on any before.
    Quote Originally Posted by 79cord View Post
    It's particularly hard letting go of your first..
    I'm jealous of you guys who had your learner cars turn out well. Mine was a mess. I dumped it on the first person to give me $250 in cash and was happy to see it go.
    Dr_Snooz

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Well some of you guys probably know that I didn't sell the Accord because my dad first offered to 'buy' it off me and I rather see it stay in the family than having some random retard ruining the car.

Fast forward a few month he decided to go nvm not driving the Accord. He bitches about the steering being too heavy (wtf?) and the seats are too low. But then him being 73.. I probably wouldn't blame him. And yes I did raise the car another 2" and he still said its too low Oh and he never paid a cent to me anyway. But then I still owe him like 2k

The car has been sitting for a few months pretty much and I've decided to just let her go instead of leaving it to rot and make some extra cash while I'm at it because believe me I need money so bad right now.

This is probably the last picture I would ever take of her

You will be missed buddy

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Accord of the Year - 2007

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazwan View Post
    Well some of you guys probably know that I didn't sell the Accord because my dad first offered to 'buy' it off me and I rather see it stay in the family than having some random retard ruining the car.

Fast forward a few month he decided to go nvm not driving the Accord. He bitches about the steering being too heavy (wtf?) and the seats are too low. But then him being 73.. I probably wouldn't blame him. And yes I did raise the car another 2" and he still said its too low Oh and he never paid a cent to me anyway. But then I still owe him like 2k

The car has been sitting for a few months pretty much and I've decided to just let her go instead of leaving it to rot and make some extra cash while I'm at it because believe me I need money so bad right now.

This is probably the last picture I would ever take of her

You will be missed buddy

Complete repair manual <---- (click here)

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    Dr_Snooz

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

It's been a hell of an era with you and that car! You gave that car a life that nobody else would have given it!

Vehicle
    79 Accord 1.8L CVCC 5-Speed

Fucking Lude's, man. In all seriousness thanks for keeping this car as long as you did and documenting your modifications. I know you were hating it towards the end and that Lude looks like a fun little car so enjoy working on something different. Your posts really helped me figure out my little car and without you being around it would have been sold a long, long time ago.

This might be the last summer for mine if I can't fix the last annoying lingering issues. These old school Accords are fun little cars but they require constant tinkering, especially once they become modified. Mine still clogs idle jets even with two filters, gets like maybe 24 MPG if I want to get any power out of this Weber, and is a pissy bitch when I try to start her hot. I'm also getting somewhat sick of playing with it and am going to finish out the interior, finish the wheels, and Plasti-Dip it tan this summer then see if I still want to keep it. My car has been a hard car to keep on the road and I know you experienced the same sort of trials.

Keep it going. You've got skills and are willing to try stuff that might potentially kill you which is the making for a damn good engineer. Best of luck with everything you do in future. Don't forget to pop in every now and then

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Well I was going to update this thread last week but I didn't because I was a little bit down but yeah the car was sold on 1st May. New owner seemed like a nice guy. Hoping he would take a good care of her :/

One last night in my place

And finally last pic with its new owner at the gas station and were driven almost 600km away. He made it in one piece obviously

Still looking mean as fuck. This is actually the first time I ever seen the car driven on the road without me in the driver's seat. I never let anybody to drive her, ever. Oh well hopefully new owner is not a retarded ricer and would ruin it.

Kinda sad at first but looking at the stack of cash made me happy for a bit heh

10 years. Started from the bottom. Not knowing shit about cars till now. I spray painted the car when I was 16

I don't know about you but that's a hell of a transformation. I don't even know how I did it but just fucking look at that

So yeah its officially gone now

You will be missed.

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

It is an epic car. You should be proud as I'm sure the new owner is.
    Dr_Snooz

Vehicle
    79 Accord hatch, 89 CR-X SiR, '74 Z360 h/top, '81 prelude, '65 S600

Goodbye to it, hope we might get to see a little more of its adventures every now & then.
    It's given all of us things to remember about the work that went in to it as well. Earlier in the week I even started looking about for your posts upon the LED rear lights for another project idea.

Vehicle
    88 accord 2.0Si,honda ex5[motorcycle]

Very nice 1geez...
    I think your 1gen the most perfect in our country...
    Never seen(may be rarely) people care that oldschool like you...congrats...

How much you sell it... heheheh
    Last edited by scania360; 05-28-2014 at 05:51 AM.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1981 Honda Accord

Hazwan, do you know of any possible swaps? I have a 81 Honda Accord Sedan 5 speed... I was considering swapping it to a fuel injected motor but no luck at the moment on info.