Thread: Can throttle bodies off other cars fit ours

Vehicle
    see user name

Can throttle bodies off other cars fit ours

I don't know if this has been asked before but are there any throttle bodies off others car that will fit on ours that will give any benifits. I thought I read somewhere that it was possible with minor modification, but I couldn't seem to find it.
    Please respond here or give me a link to the thread that talks about it.

Thanks

Peaceout..
    89 Lx-i
    Performance: K&N filter,custom CAI, Accel coil, MSD 6aL ignition, magnecor wires, high flow injectors, FPR, sport exhaust,Tokico springs/struts
    Appearance: white gauges, side markers, headlight conversion, clear bumper signal/fog light conversion, SE-i center armrest and cupholder, SE-i leather seats
    17" ADRs with 205/40/17 khumos
    future plans: 16" or 17" rims(can scratch that one off the list 9-12-02), headers-high flow cat.-cat back piping. Rear disc brakes from SE-i, reground cam.

Vehicle
    a 93 z34 that's getting parted out, an 86 accord lx that now lives in a j/y, and a 90 camry le that the state no longer allows me to drive. soon to be replaced with an aprilia rs50 or a derbi gpr.
    Someone posted about this a while back.. I haven't tried this but apparently the B-series performance manifolds will work but two of the bolts aren't in the right place. I think they said it will bolt up perfectly with a little drilling.
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Accord LX
    I think the B18c one will with a little frilling.
    Aww. Its Not Pink! How hard would it be to paint this sucker?

Vehicle
    see user name
    So I will have to swap out the whole intake manifold and throttle body or can I just swap throttle bodies???? I don't want to mess with the manifold if I don't have to.

Thanks
    89 Lx-i
    Performance: K&N filter,custom CAI, Accel coil, MSD 6aL ignition, magnecor wires, high flow injectors, FPR, sport exhaust,Tokico springs/struts
    Appearance: white gauges, side markers, headlight conversion, clear bumper signal/fog light conversion, SE-i center armrest and cupholder, SE-i leather seats
    17" ADRs with 205/40/17 khumos
    future plans: 16" or 17" rims(can scratch that one off the list 9-12-02), headers-high flow cat.-cat back piping. Rear disc brakes from SE-i, reground cam.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord DX ... 2001 Accord LX
    You can swap your throttle body I think, but what he meant is that the quad throttle body that fits the B18's (which is better than just 1) can be made to fit ours, replacing the whole intake manifold.
    Good bye to the 1989 DX Type R. Hello 2001 LX.

DX:

"Four wheels, four doors, and no frills."

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI
    b16a/b18a manifolds will work. I don't think there is just a throttle body that you can replace. You can get a whole b18a manifold from a junkyard for cheap usually though.

andy