Thread: Radiator neck leak

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX Sedan

Radiator neck leak

More weird issues with my A20, woohoo!

It's driveable, still runs a little rough cold, but nothing that really kills driveability(aside from the drips of oil from my pan leaking onto my exhaust and being a mild nuisance <_<)

But, after some odd smoking/steaming? from moreso near the front of my hood, I got a little worried. Smelled a very, very light tinge of antifreeze ick amidst the exhaust burn when I popped it at night after work to check how she was running, and instantly went flashlight wild, both thinking my oil filter base gasket was out (it still might be D: ), but moreso right up on my radiator.

Taking a look down, there was a drip line right down the engine-facing side of my radiator, dripping down onto the blocker for the right fan, coming from what seemed to be my radiator cap in the dark.

I checked the next morning, and, while I need a new radiator cap, that isn't looking to be where the leak is. I could not for the life of me find a wet line between my radiator cap and where the line of drippage starts, but the location seems very odd, coming from the -neck- of my radiator and down, not even coming from the tube to my reservoir, rather than just a bit under that as well.

Guessing I need to think about getting a new radiator? The drip is very slow, and has not done much but create a wisp every now and then.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Re: Radiator neck leak

Check your hoses too.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW