Thread: Security alerts relating to 3geez.com/forum since recent forum software update

LXi User
    Vehicle
    88 LX-i coupe; 91 Accord LX sedan

Security alerts relating to 3geez.com/forum since recent forum software update

I like the new look but two security issues have appeared in my computer regarding 3geez.com since the update. First, when I receive email notifications from the forum, Windows Live Mail (WLM) has started flagging the emails as a security threat (the message header appears in red and a red shield is displayed at the left end of header). WLM won't let me click on a hyper-link in the message unless I click on "Unblock this message".

Also, I use the Opera browser and, just since updating it to version 12.10 this morning, when I unblock an email notification and click on the link to a forum discussion, Opera is displaying the alert below:

To view the site then, I need to click the button for "Ignore this warning." I'm wondering what's going on with 3geez.com.

LXi User
    Vehicle

Re: Security alerts relating to 3geez.com/forum since recent forum software update

And, I just found this: http://yandex.com/infected?l10n=en&url=3geez.com, which might be the reason Opera is flagging the site.

Vehicle
    87 Accord (RIP), 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Re: Security alerts relating to 3geez.com/forum since recent forum software update

Opera's malware detection is provided by Yandex, which is a Russian search engine that has been finding bogus instances of malware on the site for a while. And it's especially bogus because it claims to find it on 1geez.com and 2geez.com, which have no files of their own to infect - they're just redirections to their respective sections on 3geez.com. I've done everything Yandex has told me to do to remove the flag on the site, but nothing changes.
    - Joe

LXi User
    Vehicle

I just tried viewing 3geez.com in Firefox and IE. Firefox also displayed a warning and clearly stated the warning was coming from Yandex. IE did not display a warning.

Well, I'm not concerned about it since I've been a member here for about 6 months. Also, I use avast! antivirus and it's WebShield feature would be warning me if they detected any security issues with the site and they have not.

I'm sure this is frustrating for you. Hope it gets resolved so you don't lose any traffic to the site.

Vehicle

Yandex is the only service that "finds" anything. I requested a rescan, since the recent upgrade replaced the files on the server anyway.
    - Joe

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Hmm... Maybe there is some old spam somewhere we haven't found that has some bad links in it?

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

I did happen upon one of those in OTX a few weeks ago, I forwarded it to you I think?

Vehicle

Update:
    Yandex removed the red flag. I guess I need to brush up on my Russian for the influx of new members we're about to see.
    - Joe

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

yesterday I deleted around 4 threads, very wordy threads, it was all in Italian but very gibberish sentence construction. The majority of the words after translation were all tag words for shopping.. everything from louis batton, shoes, underwear, etc. like a counterfeit flea market store.