Thread: ...a Q for the all-knowing

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments

...a Q for the all-knowing

hey Jim, quick one for you...
    ...I'm trying to pick out another set of autocrossers, and I'm kinda partial to Yoko's Advan A032R. I now have to move up to a 14" b/c of the brake upgrade.

You think I could smash a set of 195/60's on my car? That should be no problem at all right?
    -Mark D.

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments
    ohhh .... even better, how about the Kumho Ecsta V700 225/50's... ...yeah, stick like f*n glue to that track... ....although those might just be a little too wide to fit.... whatch'a think
    -Mark D.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    I just can't see being able to make 225/50 work unless you had a body shop rework the fenders. If you went with 45mm offset I'm positive that you'd be rubbing the suspension all the time and I still think your be rubbing the fender as well.

To bad no one seems to make 215/55-14 or 205/55 or 205/50.
    And I even went to a site and looked at toyo's autocrossing tire, no dice their either.

If 14 is where it's at for you get these Falken Azenis Sport $44 a tire!

http://www.ec-securehost.com/OnlineT...l#FalkenAZENIS
    http://www.discounttiredirect.com/ has them for $52, but they are offering free shipping.

The non street tires like the V700 ect are allot faster on a course, giving you 2 seconds a run fast et's on a 40 second course. But they just don't offer any of the brands in the size you need to use 14"

BTW I have a "R-Compound tire test" from the latest GrassRootsMotorSports magizine. They tested the Kumho ECSTA V700, Toyo Proxes RA-1, Hoosier A3503, and Kumho V700 Victoracer. Plus they did a "Street tire test" with the BfGoodrich g-force T/A KD, Falken Axenis Sport, Kumho ESCTA Supra 7712, and Hankkok Ventus Sport K104. I highly recommend that you grab a copy of the magizine, it's the november issue, borders and barnes and nobel should have it right now.
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d