Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Membership Incentive?

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LXi(Rebuilt)

Question Membership Incentive?

Is there any kind of Foundation Membership Incentive, like a sticker or shirt or something? I'd be much more apt to jump at this Upgrade. Even if the Incentive was included in the price...
    Shaggy
    FF II/ETC I

"What's my age again? What's my age again?"

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

Re: Membership Incentive?

np just access to the foundation forums i haven't updated mine in a couple years, there are some other forum perks but nothing of value

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LXi(Rebuilt)

I'm more or less making a suggestion for attracting newer members.
    Shaggy
    FF II/ETC I

"What's my age again? What's my age again?"

Accord of the Year - 2007

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.

How about a giant wealth of knowledge about your vehicle?
    Complete repair manual <---- (click here)

Vehicle
    87 Accord (RIP), 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee

The list of Foundation features can be found here: https://www.3geez.com/forum/payments.php

The vast majority of Foundation Members joined to support the board. Stickers have been discussed as a possibility, but t-shirts would be too expensive.
    - Joe

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Prelude 2.0Si-T

Yes!!!!! You get to log in to 3geez everyday!!! AND you get a Foundation Member box under your SN
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

All I will say is those times when my foundation status expires, I can dEfinatley tell the difference browsing the forums so that's my incentive.

Vehicle
    1986 LX-i Hatch 5 speed, 2005 Pontiac GTO 6 speed, 96 Honda Civic EX 5 speed

FireFighterWhite89, you gave me an idea. The T-shirts maybe to expensive and bumper stickers not a big deal as a freebie but what about putting those items up for sale to anyone who comes to the site. Member or not the extra cash flow couldn't hurt.

Adam

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Quote Originally Posted by gtoman View Post
    FireFighterWhite89, you gave me an idea. The T-shirts maybe to expensive and bumper stickers not a big deal as a freebie but what about putting those items up for sale to anyone who comes to the site. Member or not the extra cash flow couldn't hurt.

Adam
    here is a member who is willing to make stickers for us.
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77661

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX, 250,000 Miles, Daily Driver

I think you could only do stickers or something is by charging a little extra. so for example it would be 35$ for a 30 year membership or $40 for a 30 year membership plus a sticker. You would have both options but it still would seem like you are getting a deal.

1988 Honda Accord LSDX-I

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by MessyHonda View Post
    here is a member who is willing to make stickers for us.
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77661
    I checked the thread and the prices for the stickers seems fair but I'm wondering if the profits from this are going to 3geez.com or to this members company. My garage walls could always use more decoration but the idea was for the sales to benefit the site financially. Is the money going to the site?

Adam

How about 10% of all sales go to the board. the incentive would be upgrades to the board.
    Last edited by 89T; 08-08-2012 at 08:14 PM.
    un-motivated!
    someone make me an offer i just could not say no to.

3GR

Vehicle

When people ask for permission to sell 3geez-branded items here, I ask for a small percentage to go toward operating costs. It's extremely rare that I see a dime from anybody.

vBulletin 5 is coming out, and I wouldn't mind setting aside some scratch to skip vB4 and just upgrade us to 5.
    - Joe

Yup, that's exactly what I am talking about. Anyone who sells anything on the board should donate to the board. It will be for our own benifit.
    un-motivated!
    someone make me an offer i just could not say no to.

3GR

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Quote Originally Posted by 87accordlxi View Post
    When people ask for permission to sell 3geez-branded items here, I ask for a small percentage to go toward operating costs. It's extremely rare that I see a dime from anybody.

vBulletin 5 is coming out, and I wouldn't mind setting aside some scratch to skip vB4 and just upgrade us to 5.
    thats why i only pay every year i use it because the 30 year membership would not benefit anyone. in 30 years the 35 bucks is going to be like 5 bucks due to inflation

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX, 250,000 Miles, Daily Driver

where can we see a vB5 new feature list

1988 Honda Accord LSDX-I

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by conozo View Post
    where can we see a vB5 new feature list
    Details are scarce, other than a press release and some screenshots on their FB page. But it seems like it's moving to a more social platform since that's what people are so used to nowadays. Thinking of how popular the "New Posts" button is here, it seems that having the option to arrange content here along those lines (called an Activity Stream, similar to the FB news feed that we're all used to) may help bring everyone back on a regular basis.

And also, I want a blog here, and I want to integrate it with the official Facebook page (in the works) and a monthly newsletter. I'll make it no secret that I want to bring old members back as much as keeping new members around, and that strategy is going to have to involve reaching out through email and integrating new content in all sorts of formats. I've tried to do it in the past, and it was just too much work to separately handle social media, e-newsletters and content on the board. If vB5 makes promoting and navigating the forum easier, then I want it.

http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...re-1668391.htm

http://www.facebook.com/vbulletinforum
    - Joe

Vehicle
    1986 accord lx-i

i would love to see the site in that format and im sure everybody else would too i think we do need a fresh new look to this.

can i make a suggestion? in the how to forum and the faq and any other part of the site that has been closed to comments. i feel like alot of those should be updated. alot of the how to's are so old that most of the pictures posted dont even exist anymore. if we could get some volunteers to do edit the how to's or even create new ones i think we could get alot of traffic coming through the site.Also alot of the links to so called aftermarket parts are dead links ... if we can edit those to working links alot of the members complain about these things

i would be willing to do a couple of how to's or write up myself with new pictures and detailed instructions and would also find a couple of awesome sites with 3g goodies

those are my suggestions idk if they are good or bad but im just trying to help. I hope you guys atleast consider them

peace
    ''YOU MAY LOSE MONEY CHASING WOMEN BUT You will no doubt end up broke as a mothafucka chasing cars''

Vehicle

Those are great ideas. I was think bout the same thing. Just tonight I was reading through the Hot-to section wishing for working pics and links..

I would be willing to re-do some how to threads.

Adam

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-I Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by 87accordlxi View Post
    Details are scarce, other than a press release and some screenshots on their FB page. But it seems like it's moving to a more social platform since that's what people are so used to nowadays. Thinking of how popular the "New Posts" button is here, it seems that having the option to arrange content here along those lines (called an Activity Stream, similar to the FB news feed that we're all used to) may help bring everyone back on a regular basis.

And also, I want a blog here, and I want to integrate it with the official Facebook page (in the works) and a monthly newsletter. I'll make it no secret that I want to bring old members back as much as keeping new members around, and that strategy is going to have to involve reaching out through email and integrating new content in all sorts of formats. I've tried to do it in the past, and it was just too much work to separately handle social media, e-newsletters and content on the board. If vB5 makes promoting and navigating the forum easier, then I want it.

http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...re-1668391.htm

http://www.facebook.com/vbulletinforum
    Kind of "off topic" but would AOM (or whatever its gonna be called) be integrated in the new upgrade (if it happens) or is that never gonna happen again?

1989 Honda Accord LX-I 300K+
    Build Thread

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by obdriver6 View Post
    Kind of "off topic" but would AOM (or whatever its gonna be called) be integrated in the new upgrade (if it happens) or is that never gonna happen again?
    I'd be happy to bring AOM back, but it kind of ran its course after six years or so. I want to recognize members, but maybe we can look at it in a different way...

AOM focused on finished products, but Project Central can step in and we can highlight ongoing projects and ideas instead. Just a thought.
    - Joe

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box

Stellar idea. We should also include road trips in a Road Trip forum. I don't think we'll see a ton to begin with, but I think more people will start taking pics of their 3geez on a trip.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

That sounds great. Me, I can never seem to come up with a "finished product" when it comes to my own cars. There will always be a primer spot or half the screws left out of something.

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box

I'm much the same way. I'm always messing with something.

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Sky View Post
    Stellar idea. We should also include road trips in a Road Trip forum. I don't think we'll see a ton to begin with, but I think more people will start taking pics of their 3geez on a trip.
    that would be a very good idea! i know every trip i take ill be taking pictures. like how people have build threads they could have adventure threads

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.