Thread: zex.

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 honda prelude si 2.0 l

zex.

i want to run ZEX.....directly through the intake....but i all i want to know is that how long can i run it before i need to rebuild my engine.....i am only going to run 50 shot.....thanks
    jeremy

Vehicle
    if you have a lot of miles on your engine rebuild it first. if not, i don't know. i don't like nitros unless you are seriouly racing and are willing to really maintain it.
    -Grant. I'm just a pirate chasing booty.

Vehicle
    68rs camaro, 89 formula 350
    You should be just fine, If the nitrous was going to mess the motor up, which it should not if you use it correctlly, i would use it until it did, the zex system is about the safest system I have seen. I plan on getting one and my motor has a few miles on it.

DX User
    Vehicle
    should i rebuild my engine with stock parts? or performance?

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 Lxi/ 5spd
    I still don't understand why you want to go with Zex. A kit can be as safe as you make it. Why would you want to screw with that little purple box that won't work when you can do it much easier with a nitrous express or works kit.
    In the end...it doesn't even matter.
    88 Lxi, 5spd swap w/ Aasco 8lb flywheel/Cai,AccelCoil,NologyWires,SilverstoneSparks/DC421,ColtCam,Remachined Head&Tb...NitrousWorks 40shot

DX User
    Vehicle
    zex doesn't work???

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 Lxi/ 5spd
    I've heard of trouble with their "box" with older cars. I have not personally tried but that is the reason I went with Nitrous Works. If your going to do this shit than do it right and go wet....that will allow you the most safety and the biggest shot. YOu want extra safety get a fuel pressure swich that cuts the solenoids with a loss in fuel pressure. Pill the fuel solenoid a little big to make sure you have enough fuel to cool the cylinders down. Its very easy to make a kit or buy a universl one for sport compacts.....if you like the zex its your choice but I guarantee you mine costs 200 dollars less and is just as safe.
    88 Lxi, 5spd swap w/ Aasco 8lb flywheel/Cai,AccelCoil,NologyWires,SilverstoneSparks/DC421,ColtCam,Remachined Head&Tb...NitrousWorks 40shot

Vehicle
    68rs camaro, 89 formula 350
    Hey jteuton, What kind of times are you running at the track?

Vehicle
    i think that for what he wants to do the ZEX kit will be fine.
    -Grant. I'm just a pirate chasing booty.

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 Lxi/ 5spd
    The ZEX is a dry kit as I remember. Please do not go dry....is isn't recommended in your situation. It relies on your ecu to open the injector pulse width to add more fuel.......THIS TAKES TOO LONG....by then you are already spraying. So when you start spraying you want the fuel to already be there....not wait on the ecu to make calculations......a wet kit ensures the fuel will be there to cool the cylinders down when your first throw the toggle making it easier to spray longer and bigger shots. Ok now what were you saying about the ZEX being ok?

dhcarss.......I never did take it to the track with the nitrous and the auto.....had it on the auto about a month......but when I did the 5 spd swap I went down there but was too chicken shit to spray on my new act clutch....(only head like 20 miles on it and that was mostly driving to the track).....I ran a 10.7 on a 1/8 mile track without my 40 shot and without a hard clutch drop. I got something else I'm working up on to push me into the low 9's.....stay tuned.

Vehicle
    2005 Mazda 3
    zex also makes a wet

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 Lxi/ 5spd
    Then that would be cool.......but still too complicated in my book.....i guess i'm just pro old school.