Vehicle
    88 honda accord
    about the motor

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI
    Originally posted by Help_silva
    so can you make a b18b1 manifold fit on a20 or the head b/c
    i have the whole damn motor in my garge
    Yes. Go get an a20 intake manifold gasket. Tape it on the flange of the b18 manifold. Take a look at which holes don't line up. Then get a drill and make them line up.

Joker2.

You have a few options for quad throttles. You can pick up a quad tb intake for a b16a and modify it. There are a few companies that make them, twm comes to mind. That'll run you some where around $2400. Or you can make a dcoe style manifold and get some dcoe replacement throttle bodies, again available from twm. The throttle bodies will run you $300 a piece, you need 2, and the manifold can vary but should be between $300-500. With either setup you'll want to talk to our good buddie sean (funstick) about getting a new ecu because the stock one isn't going to beable to handle this.

andy

LXi User
    Vehicle
    89 LXI
    Well, Phydeaux, I was kinda thinking about the Individual throttle bodies Justanothermike has in his pic, under his name....... Those are nice as hell..... What do you think of those on our cars.....

SEi User
    Vehicle
    burgundy 86 honda accord/ brown 89 chevy caprice wagon
    i know the dcoes are a nice power adder so the individual throttle boides should kick ass as well.
    Want your A series to kick a B series engines ass?email me for detials or check out our site

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM

LXi User
    Vehicle
    89 LXI
    Yo Sean, how loud do you think they would be under the hood and should it be like putting a b16 manifold on our cars.......
    Last edited by joker2; 01-14-2003 at 10:48 AM.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    89 LXI
    Just wondering if anyone has tried the b16 manifold yet because if not it's going to be nice to be the first....... :lol

DX User
    whats the hp increase for the swapped manifolds ? about, will there even be an increase ?

Vehicle
    18 yr old Prelude, the one with the pop up headlamps. B20 (prototype for the 3g Prelude) ...but in the lighter car, with big brakes
    Anyone found a twin weber manifold supplier?

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LX Sedan (RIP), 1989 (same) RIP, 86 Hatch Lx-i, JDM b20a, Gude headpkg, AEM cam gears/cai, thermal xhst, 2.5/3" lowrd tokico/groundctrl, 17" Seneca whls, hypereutectic pistons, .020" over, 13:1 comp
    For fuel injection, cut off the flange from a b20a or a20a intake manifold, get ANY other b series honda manifold (if you get a real new one, look to converting to obd1 for lack of vacuum ports, or just t them off).

Cut the flange off of the b18c manifold (or any other one), you can angle-cut down on the manifold runners if the 15 degree angle difference is going to be a space problem under the hood.

Tig welder - weld the runners back onto the a20a/b20a manifold flange.
    Sand and repolish the inside where the flange is welded to the manifolded at the beginning of each runner.

peace
    (and good luck finding a tig)
    Last edited by Versanick; 02-01-2006 at 07:51 PM.

DX User

Twin Webers

Ok.... I have a twin weber intake from a VW that I can use as a mould....

Is there anything in the 2.0 intake that I should know ? Like does coolant flow through it ? There is a place up here that will cast me a manifold for 70.00 I would have to finish machine the flanges and all the rest...

any insight would be helpfull....

Bob

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LX Sedan (RIP), 1989 (same) RIP, 86 Hatch Lx-i, JDM b20a, Gude headpkg, AEM cam gears/cai, thermal xhst, 2.5/3" lowrd tokico/groundctrl, 17" Seneca whls, hypereutectic pistons, .020" over, 13:1 comp
    Cut a flange from an a20a intake manifold (any flange) and get the manifold made, if they'll really cast it for $70... that would be badass.

THe flange is where the runners of the manifold connect to the head, the part that you put the bolts through. No coolant flows through it. Make sure they tap some ports for vacuum to run to your brakes, your PCV valve, and your vacuum advance ignition.

Can they make one to fit a dual 45mm DCOE setup? In other words, twin DCOE carbs (1bbl per cylinder)? The VW manifold probably doesn't have the runners spaced correctly to fit an a20 or b20... but you can probably get them pulled apart or moved or whatever is necessary.

let me know
    peace
    paul

Vehicle
    18 yr old Prelude, the one with the pop up headlamps. B20 (prototype for the 3g Prelude) ...but in the lighter car, with big brakes
    B carefull not all 'B' runners will be a straight weld to the flanges i.e. B20a4 sohc.
    Webers in mind anyone got specs of what angle the b20 sits at? ...it'd maybe help the machiner when making up a mani! Since Webers work best at 5deg. upwards and 7deg. is too much!!!
    I read the A20 sits at 15deg? or the mani has to fit at 15?
    So the B16 ITB's can be made to fit and guessing angle isn't a concern with F.I.(?) ...anyone used ITB's plus turbo?? the stock tb would make a great mod'd plenum chamber 8-)

Vehicle
    The b20a4 sohc is not really a true b-series engine. The purpose of denoting the engine with a b was originally to denote it as a twin-cam engine. Outside that, the b20a4 manifold would not be any improvement over our a20/b20a manifold that we already use.

Regardless, this entire idea begs the conversion to obd1. Obd1 is essential for boosting, using larger injectors (cheap and easy to find DSM ones, for example), more power, and better tuning capability. I think a thread is owed to it.

Vehicle
    the b20a4 is sohc.
    agreed with the 0bd1.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    Just for reference i bought a GSR B18C1 intake gasket and the ports are too high which would leave a gap on top where the injectors go it. So it wont work w/o having some material welded in to cover the gap between the head/manifold. The good news was all the bottom studs lined up exactly. So if your willing to do a little more work it can be bolted up. But im gonna get the B16A i guess since i dont want to hack up a expensive BBK manifold.

Awaiting Activation
    Vehicle
    88 Accord DX 5-spd; 96 Hyundai Accent 5-spd(at least its a manual.lol)

question

ok here is the situation. i have a 88 coupe dx and i want to convert to fuel injected. what all would i need if i want to put a b20a intake into it? (e.i. do i get the ecu off the accord or the crv or get my ecu chipped for the differnt intake?)

LX User
    Vehicle
    89 Hatchback LX-i
    Quote Originally Posted by nhgu1dry05
    ok here is the situation. i have a 88 coupe dx and i want to convert to fuel injected. what all would i need if i want to put a b20a intake into it? (e.i. do i get the ecu off the accord or the crv or get my ecu chipped for the differnt intake?)
    uhhh, it'll be easier to just swap over to a fuel injected engine like the a20a3. Swap the engine, ECU, wiring harness, vacuum control box, and you're good to go. You could do it in a weekend.
    Chris
    http://personalwebs.myriad.net/mouchyn/accordsig.jpg

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    The B20A and A20A intakes are just the same.

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

LX User
    Vehicle
    89 Hatchback LX-i
    Quote Originally Posted by carotman
    The B20A and A20A intakes are just the same.
    yeah, but he's also converting to FI Might as well find a whole FI engine, wiring harness, and ECU, imo.
    Chris
    http://personalwebs.myriad.net/mouchyn/accordsig.jpg

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    I'm adding this link so people wanting to swap in a Ford TB can do so.

MODIFICATION , THROTTLE BODY ( 4G Accord / Ford 65mm + B16 Manifold / TB Spacer )
    - llia

Vehicle
    Manual 89 Se-i Accord

Re: Intake Manifolds That Fit A20A and JDM B20A Motors

I heard that the secondary butterflies in the stock A20A3 intake can be blown shut under boost. To fix this, some people have ripped out their butterfly assembly.

Would I be correct in assuming that using a B18/B16 intake would be a better choice?
    Last edited by Swap_File; 12-25-2005 at 09:52 PM.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    87 hatch, stock sleeve b series gsr clone..

Quote Originally Posted by Swap_File
    I heard that the secondary butterflies in the stock A20A3 intake can be blown shut under boost. To fix this, some people have ripped out their butterfly assembly.

..and you believed this? How could that possibly happen?

Vehicle
    Manual 89 Se-i Accord

Well, I don't know if they were actually "blown" shut, or if there was just no vacuum to pull them open while under boost. I will search for the post that talked about it...