Thread: Heh heh, yes it's my first car... so im allowed to be stupid... right?

LX User
    Vehicle
    1994 Honda Accord, saving up for 2004 Subaru WRX

Wink Heh heh, yes it's my first car... so im allowed to be stupid... right?

alright.. i drive fast.. not just fast but F A S T... i can normaly be seen around the small town of Athol Massachusetts running 50mph around corners through sidestreets and i hit 80 on main st. the other day.... (and i've only been warned by a local cop once (im a lucky bitch))..... now.. needless to say my carb is damn clean.. however... im not sure as to what im doing to my engine... i accelerate kinda fast... but my car's sluggish... and on the highway when i want to accelerate i nail it... i go from 40 to 90 in around 4 seconds. i've had my transmission servised around 2000 miles ago, it's got a 10-20k mile timing belt on it... i replaced the pluggs a while back and gapped em out to .o55, got new wires, and an Accel coil... I widened up my front pipe by removing the inner piping, got a less restrictive flex pipe and a high flow cat.. the muffler allows a shit load of flow too... i havent done anything internal to the engine though... i change the oil every 5000 miles with Mobile 1 super syn for higher milage engines... and my car is about to turn 100k...
    she's 14, canadian, and is engineered well enough to not flip over going 60 around a hairpin turn... im happy with my baby.. but am i killing her???
    lemme know... thanks guys
    ForSale!
    88Accord LX AUTO
    NEEDS:
    Transmission
    Tires
    Altinator
    Belts
    Battery
    PERFECT Maroon Interior

Call or Contact Dan @ 1-617-893-8320 or E-mail at [email protected]

SEi User
    Vehicle
    '89 Accord LXi Coupe w/Sunroof
    good question. anyone with some detialed input please respond. and what happens if you run your car KINDA hard after starting it. and not letting it warm up. I have a EFI.
    ACT Stage 1, Short Ram Intake & 2.25 Dynomax custom catback w/4inch carbon fiber tip. Thats it for now.

Putting the paint back on after

SOMEONE STOLE MY PAINT!!!!!

Vehicle
    88 accord ex-i, 88 prelude Si
    I recommend against reving high before giving it a chance to warm up. The car should be idling at the normal RPMs before you start driving around. Normally on cold nights it'll idle 500-1000 rpm higher than normal for under a minute I guess.
    Now:
    -1988 Honda Prelude custom
    -1988 Honda Accord (to be fixed and sold)
    Soon:
    -some big 4x4 truck
    -91 Acura NSX
    http://www.hatetofeelband.com

Vehicle
    Er, to actually answer your question, I would say the car will take it. Doing fast turns will probably wear out your stock suspension quickly and you didn't mention having new springs/struts so that might be something to go for. Your mileage is pretty low so I'm sure you've got years of life ahead. If anything goes wrong, you can always do a B-series swap

BTW, consider a Weber?
    Now:
    Soon:
    -some big 4x4 truck
    -91 Acura NSX

LX User
    Vehicle
    i was considering a webber.. but that's not legal.. and she's kinda my daily driver/fast flyer.... so she'll stay stock until i do an EFI conversion over the summer after High School. maybe i'll swap in a B18 or something lol.
    i have brand new Monroe Shocks and struts.. theyre sensatrack so they are about 150% stiffer than the stockers i had in there. i also have 2 new discs in the front and new pads and shoes all around. she's not lowered yet... im probably going to go for a 1.75" drop. Im putting my new rear wheel bearings in this weekend too so she'll be like new again . not like i knew what she was like new.. but i can imagine
    ForSale!
    88Accord LX AUTO
    NEEDS:
    Transmission
    Tires
    Altinator
    Belts
    Battery
    PERFECT Maroon Interior

Vehicle
    89 Accord SE-i Coupe
    I drive like that too :p
    Performance Modz: Short Ram Air Intake, Custom Exhaust w/o Cat & Resonator, Cherry Bomb Turbo Muffler, Accel Coil, Removed AC

Other Modz: Clear Blinkers, Purple Calipers, Accord Emblem On Dash, Winking Headlights

Vehicle
    87 Accord EX , 5spd , Manual
    i don't accelarate had with my until it's fully warmed up and the oil is fully in the cycle !

MIKE
    3geez member since October 4th 2001

Vehicle
    1989 240sx FB,
    Originally posted by HondaManDan
    i was considering a webber.. but that's not legal.. and she's kinda my daily driver/fast flyer.... so she'll stay stock until i do an EFI conversion over the summer after High School. maybe i'll swap in a B18 or something lol.
    i have brand new Monroe Shocks and struts.. theyre sensatrack so they are about 150% stiffer than the stockers i had in there. i also have 2 new discs in the front and new pads and shoes all around. she's not lowered yet... im probably going to go for a 1.75" drop. Im putting my new rear wheel bearings in this weekend too so she'll be like new again . not like i knew what she was like new.. but i can imagine
    I don't think that monroes are 150% stiffer than stockers; I have them with my lowering springs (bad idea but i'm getting koni's eventually), and they def. bounce, especially when you have people in the car with you, signifying their inability to control the stiffer spring. If they were that stiff, they'd would be recommended for use with lowering springs, which they're not. Not trying to be a jerk, just trying to set you straight, since i have the same equipment.

Alex

Banned
    Vehicle
    2000 Civic LX

Re: Heh heh, yes it's my first car... so im allowed to be stupid... right?

i go from 40 to 90 in around 4 seconds.
    BS

and yes, you're killing your car

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    Originally posted by 86AccordLxi

I don't think that monroes are 150% stiffer than stockers; I have them with my lowering springs (bad idea but i'm getting koni's eventually), and they def. bounce, especially when you have people in the car with you, signifying their inability to control the stiffer spring. If they were that stiff, they'd would be recommended for use with lowering springs, which they're not. Not trying to be a jerk, just trying to set you straight, since i have the same equipment.

Alex
    You beat me to it alex. More than likely the struts he replaced were not in tip top condition, that would explain why he feels that way. And understand the springs alex is running are the softest lowering springs made for the 3rd gen. So no other lowering spring is going to fare better. They will be stiffer and ride and drive worse than alex is experiencing right now.
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

LX User
    Vehicle
    ok are you seriously taking me serious??? you dont have to be jerks. i mean it FEELS like theyre 150% better than stock... jesus... im not fucking saying that i looked up the statistics and decided to make my own fucking judgement. and for your information kicker1 it's not like i fucking timed it... you people need to take exaggerations as what they are... EXAGGERATIONS and i know i probably spelled that word wrong. but i dont care... god damn it. you dont need to tear a guy down that's just trying to ask ONE SIMPLE FUCKING QUESTION and then run him up the ass about his take on things..
    fuck all of you people.
    ForSale!
    88Accord LX AUTO
    NEEDS:
    Transmission
    Tires
    Altinator
    Belts
    Battery
    PERFECT Maroon Interior

SEi User
    Vehicle
    88 lxi coupe
    wear a condom alrite
    yeah of course that kinda driving will kill the car...well eventually. But that's the whole fun of owning a car won't ya say?

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    ok are you seriously taking me serious??? you dont have to be jerks. i mean it FEELS like theyre 150% better than stock... jesus... im not fucking saying that i looked up the statistics and decided to make my own fucking judgement. and for your information kicker1 it's not like i fucking timed it... you people need to take exaggerations as what they are... EXAGGERATIONS and i know i probably spelled that word wrong. but i dont care... god damn it. you dont need to tear a guy down that's just trying to ask ONE SIMPLE FUCKING QUESTION and then run him up the ass about his take on things..
    fuck all of you people.
    WHOA!, had a bad day? For a moment their I forgot where I was, thought this was the Car&Driver forums. Their's no reason to fly off the handle to cover up something you said. Only now do you come out and say you were exagerating. When you said it the first time, it was a statement of fact, or you would have choosen your words differently. And now that you got called on it your solution is to throw a hissy fit. This is a discussion forum, we discuss things. Their is no difference from what your "take" on things was as if someone came on and said when they installed their new header they got a 150% increase in power. We all know, people would say something wouldn't they now. Life's to short to be pissed off without cause.
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

Vehicle
    1991 Supra Turbo W/ 12k Miles
    Jim is exactly right... no one is out to hunt you down and make a fool of you... you cant always assume that people are attacking you ... sure maybe not everyone on this board is rational 100% of the time but there are many people here that genuinely just want to help others... Jim is a very good example of that... so dont go and prejudge everyone... many of us are young and still like to speed like freakin crazy to and from everywhere that we go... I personally get so much enjoyment off of pissing people off by the way that I drive. I have gotten 3 speeding tickets thus far and one ticket for illegal modifcations/modified exhaust ... I have only payed for one of those 4 and that was for doing 60 in a 35 zone... haha... I found the mod exhaust and the 60 in a 30 one actually... A good friend of mine is a cop and he got most of them droped for me.... as far as your cars health goes... I have been being hard on my car ever since I got it 2 years ago and I havent had any problems yet.. thats not to say that you wont I'm just speaking from personal experence... try to be a little bit more passive next time people respond in terms that you find attacking... its better to be mature about it then to have everyone think you're an ass...
    ~Nathan~

"There's always something waiting at the end of the road. If you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place."
    ~StOcK PiCs~

Vehicle
    here's the link to my tickets...
    http://ghalili.com/Nathan/Nate's%20Page/3gs/tickets.jpg

both when i was 17... lol.... hmm.. young and stupid... well one year later Im still young and stupid so.....
    Last edited by 87AccordsterLx; 10-25-2002 at 11:00 PM.
    ~Nathan~

"There's always something waiting at the end of the road. If you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place."
    ~StOcK PiCs~

Banned
    Vehicle
    2000 Civic LX
    and for your information kicker1 it's not like i fucking timed it... you people need to take exaggerations as what they are... EXAGGERATIONS and i know i probably spelled that word wrong. but i dont care... god damn it. you dont need to tear a guy down that's just trying to ask ONE SIMPLE FUCKING QUESTION and then run him up the ass about his take on things..
    fuck all of you people.
    Well why did you even need to say you can go 40 to 90 in 4 seconds. If you were just asking one simple fucking question like you said, then I would have answered your question. But when you come on here and say something that isn't true, I'm gonna say what it is, bullshit. So take your fist out of your ass and have a nice day.

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    Guys, lets all take a second to chill. If anyones had a bad day on 10/25/02 it's me. I had to go to court at 9:15 am. That was fun! This is what I was charged with: speeding, failure to yield to pedestrian in crosswalk, modified exhaust, modified intake, modified bumper signals, and careless driving. Guess whats the funny part, no cop saw me do any of this shit. It was some guy that said, "He was speeding down the road and almost hit me in the crosswalk." That's all the guy said. Then the fucker keyed my car (front to back) When the cop talked to me about this I told him I wasn't speeding and no one was in the crosswalk. The cop told me that he doesn't believe me because I'm only 18 and this guys is 49. Well after I told the cop to go fuck himself, he went and found the modified parts on my car. But, I told my lawyer what the cop told me about my age, and I had to pay $77 for my lawyer and just for court fees. I wasn't found guilty because of the asshole cop. They couldn't use the modified parts either b/c it was illegally obtained evidence. So, yeah I've had a really stressful day. So, lets all just be happy I can still drive my car. And that we all own sweet cars!!!!!!!!!!!! OK

Vehicle
    damn how bad are the key marks??? I would of beat that fools ass right there on the spot....
    ~Nathan~

~StOcK PiCs~

Vehicle
    Mark: at least you werent found guilty.. The next step is to put out a hit on those fucks
    Now:
    Soon:
    -some big 4x4 truck
    -91 Acura NSX

LX User
    Vehicle
    let's make this a public appology...

im sorry for acting like such an ass. im just really sensative sometimes and things rub me the wrong way. I know it's not a good way to go through life.. but it's hard. stresses are everywhere, deadlines need to be met, shit needs to be done, and the last thing i need is people razzin on me. i get enough of that in school... everyone makes fun of me and for the most part.. they are out to get me. i hate school. i love my car though. i dunno.. im 17 and most of you know what it's like. im trying to just do my thing and go to college and get a job so i can buy a 94 rx-7 lol.. jk. i'll probably still be modding my car. but still. i just cant handle a lot of shit.
    im sorry for snappin your guyz's heads off and i know you dont deserve it. i dont want you guys to think im an asshole. so i'll just leave it at that.
    later.
    ForSale!
    88Accord LX AUTO
    NEEDS:
    Transmission
    Tires
    Altinator
    Belts
    Battery
    PERFECT Maroon Interior

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    HondaManDan were cool I kinda figured that something was up. Thank you for being man enough to say your sorry.
    Far as I'm concerned nothing ever happened

Vehicle
    ~Nathan~

~StOcK PiCs~

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i 5 speed hatchback
    Culpeper, Va.- home, JMU (Harrisonburg, Va.)- school
    i'm glad we can all just get a bong..... i mean along
    "Eat, Drink, and be Merry!"