Thread: 1987 Accord Won't Start

DX User

Smile 1987 Accord Won't Start

I have a 1987 accord LX, carb with 294K miles on it. It sometimes idles high, but other than that it runs good. This morning I get in it and it won't start. It turns over and I have spark coming from the distibutor to all 4 wires. I tried starter fluid, carb cleaner and gas directly into the carb and it didn't even act like it was firing. I pulled the fuel line at the filter just forward of the drivers side firewall and had fuel pressure and when I tried to start it fuel pumped to this point. I pulled the air cleaner and the filter was dirty but with it off it still wouldn't start. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Re: 1987 Accord Won't Start

If it's good and flooded you can just hold the gas to the floor and crank it. When it starts up of course get off the gas some to keep it running and don't over rev it.

Vehicle
    CA5 B20A2

belt not moved timing gear??

DX User

Looks like it was just flooded. I sprayed some carb cleaner in it and it took a few cranks, but it finally fired up and started. Thanks for the suggestions.