Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: apache07x new car

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord, 1988 Honda Accord Hatch LXi, 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

Re: apache07x new car

Quote Originally Posted by 2oodoor View Post
    Looks good, I wouldn't want an exposed box my self, but you should be able to turn it down to match the other speaker volume?
    It doesn't look 2.5 drop really in the pic but does look lower and ok.
    Yeah I usually run with the back seat up but we were messing with our pain in the a** neighbors that just let their ankle biters bark and bark and bark while we're trying to work in the yard. Nothing like hearing 5 wiener dogs continuously bark for 15 to 20 minutes straight while their mouth breathing owner stands there and lets them. So that's my kind of payback. Sigh I miss the race car at midnight when they'd piss me off lol. In all honestly it only lowered the rear about a 1/2 to 3/4" the rear springs were so shot out. the front it lowered the 2 1/2 or so. The back is higher than the front now which I think is how it's supposed to be and I have to step up when I get out now instead of feeling like I'm driving a 4 wheel drive accord. It's actually into the road now. It may not look as low as some others but it may be because I'm running tires that are pretty close to the stock size. I think their like 1/2 an inch taller only than my stock 13" tires were. 195/50R16.

Vehicle

Here's a better pic of it lowered after I run it a few miles.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0025_BURST002.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	576.3 KB 
ID:	5064

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Look a lot better, rock on!

Vehicle

Got the camber set pretty close finally. I may do a little more adjustment to it but she handles a lot better now with all new ball joints, springs and tire rod ends. Sway bars are ordered.

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

apache07x new car

That's a clean hatch !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Civic Accord Honda View Post
    That's a clean hatch !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

awesome car dude. Good to see there are still people out there doing B20A swaps rather than giving up going b series :P

Vehicle
    1988 Hatch LXI

Nice! Does it have a B20A?? Got any engine pics??

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by bullard123 View Post
    Nice! Does it have a B20A?? Got any engine pics??
    It does not.....yet. I got a B20A and 5 speed in the garage, that I got for the 4 door, but instead I will be putting in this hatch. Got 2 cars to paint first though so it may be winter or later before I can do it. Sucks I don't really have any buddies that know Hondas to come help me knock it out in a weekend or I'd do it real quick.

Vehicle

We'll got a cup holder from here and installed it yesterday. Sweet. I also got my new sway bars in yesterday but it will take a weekend day, or part of one, to get those installed.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

That rear one is fun, well theyre both fun...a tip is don't hesitate to take something else off if it's in the way!

Vehicle

I have air tools. I'll take the whole car apart if needed lol

Vehicle

Well put sway bars on. Wow what a difference. I'm sure having the camber adjusted right helps but no noticeable body roll. Also built a splitter and put on some fog lights. May have to build some more bracing. Still trying to decide if I like it or not. Part of me does and part of me doesn't. What you all think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0060_BURST002.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	634.6 KB 
ID:	5212

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by apache07x; 06-09-2013 at 02:15 PM.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

You're gonna love it once its aligned. After I got mine done I was concerned but once the alignment was set it was amazing.still haven't been able to push it much yet since the tires hit in the back a lot and lost the power steering.. Cant wait to get that square away ... New tires, rack & hoses.

Vehicle

I think I have it aligned pretty well. Didn't mess with the caster but I did set the toe and camber. Seems to drive fine, no pulling or tire scrubbing noise like they'll do when something is messed up. Now I got to figure out what the heck is wrong with the cruise control. It doesn't work at all. Changed the switch on the dash and it lights up but it won't set. Not sure what to do there since changing parts can get expensive.

Vehicle

Well got the cruise to work. Typical problem for a 5 spd. Plastic button that depresses the clutch switch was missing. I took a plastic piece that is used to hold door panels and such in place on ford's and gm's like a plastic nail lol and put it in the hole. Perfect fit and now my cruise works. Just have to change the bulbs in the switch.

Did some reading on here and have to thank lostforawhile for that tip. Even though my fix was a bit different from his.
    Last edited by apache07x; 06-14-2013 at 02:48 AM.

Vehicle

Decided to add a little more bracing to my splitter. Wind going down the highway wanted to push the splitter upwards so I got the proper bracing and in conjunction with what I had on the car for braces it is a lot more solid. As a bonus they screwed right into the factory bolt holes for the bumper cover so I didn't have to drill the bumper. I did have to get creative though and fab some extensions out of some round stock. Haven't decided if I should take them back off and paint them black yet.
    Last edited by apache07x; 06-23-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box

Are you going for performance or looks with that splitter?

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Sky View Post
    Are you going for performance or looks with that splitter?
    Just looks. I didn't want a body kit like my sedan has I wanted something different that not everyone has. All it will do performance wise is chew up more gas I imagine. If I raced it I guess it might help the front get a little more grip though. But definitely not taking it on the circle track unless it's at New Smyrna for a spectators race when there's only 4 or 5 cars on track and I can check out on all of them. But they probably won't let me since I raced mod minis for 10 years.

Vehicle

Figured I would be hunting a new front bumper cover if I didn't like it. Thank goodness I did.

Before

After

I personally think it looks a lot better. Was just something I wanted to do to make it look a little different from everyone else. Didn't want to do a body kit like my sedan. I took the bumper cover all of the way off and used a piece of 1/8" ABS plastic. It follows the contour of the front bumper and with ABS you can heat it up and shape it if needed. Here's a couple pics of the work getting done.

Vehicle

Here's the sway bars I put in compared to what was on it.

Front

Rear

Got these at Summit Racing as a kit. They came with all of the hardware complete to hook them up on an LXi. Price wasn't bad either around 335 delivered.
    Last edited by apache07x; 06-23-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Vehicle

Decided to do LEDs in the dash. I got part of it done and waiting on bulbs to do the rest. Here's what it looks like so far. Pretty cool. Looks different than stock and is really a lot brighter.

It is done now and here is what it took:

It took (5) super white 194 bulbs with a 360 degree angle (2) super white 74 bulbs with a 360 degree angle. Cruise switch took a 8mm green and a 10mm super white neo wedge. The 3 switches to the right....dimmer etc took all super white neo wedge bulbs (2) 8mm and (2) 10mm.

Now the climate controls will make you wish you hadn't started this project and/or make you rip your hair out. The reason being is the fan switch and temperature control take a weird bulb that you can't get in an LED at this time but a T4 / (10mm) neo wedge will fit in the hole and lock in. The problem is the board doesn't supply power to the bulbs like it does a normal neo wedge. The board supplies power like it would to a 194 or 74 twist lock (IE to the sides and not the bottom like a neo wedge normally does). My final solution..... I took the little board off of the back of the switches and broke the plug out of the board and cut the plug off of the harness. I super glued the remainder of the board back in place on the switches. Then I took (2) 10mm neo wedge bulbs and straightened the leads out on them and soldered wires (18 gauge) to them about 3 inches long made sure they lit up, checked polarity on both the bulbs and the wiring harness in the dash and installed them. For the wiring I stripped the wires in the dash back and used wire nuts to tie them all together in case one ever needs changed. I didn't take any pics of what I soldered up or anything but I can take a few pics if anyone needs me to.

Okay now the buttons on climate control all super white. Took a 10mm neo wedge, an 8mm neo wedge, both short as possible had to get these off of ebay, and a 74 with a 360 degree angle. They all light up and work. there are a couple of buttons a little brighter but I don't think you could do any different with the way the buttons are set up.

I need (11) 74 bulbs 120 or 360 angle with twist locks if I want to do all of the indicator lights on the dash but probably won't since their not lit all of the time.

Here's what it looks like now. Got it as best I could in one pic.

Last edited by apache07x; 07-08-2013 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Reworded some points

Vehicle

Well I am all over the place lately on the car. Doing the interior door and back seat panels like this....I think

Yes that is the kitchen sink lol.

Also did HID headlights with purple LEDs in them today.

And over the course of the last week I got some Sei parts namely a better cupholder, disc brakes and armrest to put in her too. I also finished up the LEDs in the dash. I'll post more on that later. Probably in the previous post on this thread so it's all in one spot.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by apache07x View Post
    Here's with better tires and rims. That's my opinion at least.

Attachment 4913
    Wow I forgot how it looked when I got her. Looks like a dang 4WD compared to now lmao

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

I have that same faucet in my camper! LOL. It works great!
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW