Is that new? Cool!
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Re: [Video] Weber idle 1983 Honda Accord

Sounds good! Your engine bay looks nice and clean too! Gotta love that Weber carb!

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Gotta love how much cleaner the bay looks with that single slim fan compared to stock!

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    1983 Honda Accord automatic EK1

Quote Originally Posted by Hazwan View Post
    Gotta love how much cleaner the bay looks with that single slim fan compared to stock!
    Yeah shes new, well newly installed. Believe it or not this is the Weber I found on an 89 accord in the scrapyard a year back. had it sitting around in my closet for awhile with the 3g adapter plates and never touched it till a few weeks ago. I installed some new gaskets, cleaned it up and bought the 2 g adapter plates that were shipped nearly instantaneously! I think I paid $50 or so, cant remember now for the adapter plates off of carbsunlimited.com.

I am currently tweaking around with some things to get the mix right. ive had a few hiccups but nothing crazy. I need some assistance on determining why I must literally prime my car before I start. Pumping the pedal 20 times before I turn the key is no fun, and then the idel runs to 3k for a minute till I hit the gas and it disengages. Just various things like this im trying to narrow down. But all in all very pleased the deep breaths the carb takes run through my fresh air vents, I love the sound

Also somewhere along the way of going berserk on vacuum hose removal, I must have clipped a wire than is responsible for the control of which direction the air comes out the vents. Near the climate control slider the buttons that you can choose where the air comes out. Currently it is stuck at coming out at the floorboard. May be something totally unrelated though to my need for speed mod!

Performance wise, with the Weber, I have significant differences. I now can reach a top speed of 96, as from 85. I don't like the feel though from 4-6k rpm, really weak. about 2000-3200 is a nice range to be in. Gas mileage has possibly improved. Still getting some data on that Definitely has not worsened though.

Vehicle

Those things you describe with the Weber are normal for how it operates. I usually give it about 8-10 pumps to start my car. The normal starting procedure for the Accord is 3-5 pumps with the stock carb. If you want to bring down the high idle, there's a screw that is hidden way up underneath the choke heater, and that's the high idle screw.

So, as far as your vents go, they are vacuum operated. So if you don't have the vacuum line hooked up that goes into the HVAC system, they won't do anything. You're going to want to make sure you hook the check valve up to it, and I think there might be a vacuum canister too, but I can't remember. I dunno if you have the factory manual, but it should be in there.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy View Post
    Those things you describe with the Weber are normal for how it operates. I usually give it about 8-10 pumps to start my car. The normal starting procedure for the Accord is 3-5 pumps with the stock carb. If you want to bring down the high idle, there's a screw that is hidden way up underneath the choke heater, and that's the high idle screw.

So, as far as your vents go, they are vacuum operated. So if you don't have the vacuum line hooked up that goes into the HVAC system, they won't do anything. You're going to want to make sure you hook the check valve up to it, and I think there might be a vacuum canister too, but I can't remember. I dunno if you have the factory manual, but it should be in there.
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Vehicle

Vehicle

You should take the throttle linkage off your stock carb and put it on the Weber. I wish I had done that years ago. That little butterfly linkage is such a piece of crap. I guess it works well enough, I've been using it for years. But the stock linkage on there is just way more solid...

Nice work on that gasket. Looks like some tedious work! I think you can order new ones for a couple of bucks if you've got the money. But if that one is working, why mess with it?

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Quote Originally Posted by charliefowle03 View Post
    [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/20130421122119.jpg/]
    LOL at your FAT wallet in the frame. If you're serious about making your own gaskets, pick up a set of gasket punches. They'll make the tiny curves a lot easier.
    Dr_Snooz

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    LOL at your FAT wallet in the frame. If you're serious about making your own gaskets, pick up a set of gasket punches. They'll make the tiny curves a lot easier.

Vehicle

Vehicle

Vehicle

Awesome! Loving the pics! Love the color of your valve cover!

Vehicle

Awesome! Loving the pics! Love the color of your valve cover!
    Thank you A little Hazwan action! ha Its now the same color of the car. but I do love the orange. Cant think of where I picked up a rattle can of the stuff. I am doing a little project of installing some cheap little fogs and while wiring up up think im going to attend to the engine bay with some tidying. I need to get rid of some excess wiring and some miscellaneous hoses that are no longer connected.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Haha now I know why it looks familiar :p

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle

I went ahead and swapped out the throttle bracket for the stock one on the Klehien. it was a pain, well, atleast it was more work than i expected, but i think it paid off. There was some clearence issues with the linkage and the center bolt that goes through the throttle bracket was a hair to big for the klehin bracket. So i busted out some MODZ! I am still working on getting a nice calibration on the weber. Have some issues when i turn the car off some unburnt fuel wil continue to allow the engine to run, creating some mean backfires and ugly fart sounds. Hehe! In the mean time i have slapped on some cheapo fogs that look pretty nice, justsuck mad nuts for actual functionality. Story of my life. So i may look for some replacements. I think my current project that I am putting the pieces and bits together with a Carputer are coming together.Trying to decide on a monitor that will give me some excellent clarity while driving with sunlight in the car. I really love your setup Hazwan with the dash mount housing. Where did you yoink that from??

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Quote Originally Posted by charliefowle03 View Post
    Have some issues when i turn the car off some unburnt fuel wil continue to allow the engine to run, creating some mean backfires and ugly fart sounds.
    Usually because you have the idle speed set too high.
    Dr_Snooz

Vehicle

Yeah, idle is set too high, or it's too lean. It would backfire on me more often when it was lean. Turn the idle screw in like 1/4 turn. Unless you're jetted too lean.

Vehicle

Yeah, idle is set too high, or it's too lean. It would backfire on me more often when it was lean. Turn the idle screw in like 1/4 turn. Unless you're jetted too lean.
    Thank you guys for the advice. Im going to play around with the idle for now. Where do i get access to the jets? Again i pulled this off an 88 accord and slapped it directly onto my car, so i didnt play with the jets at all. As of today I have another problem arise.. check the other thread i will be posting a video and some picks. Got some brake booster issues going down!

Vehicle

You can get jets online. They're not exactly cheap, but they're affordable. Carbsunlimited.com is a good place.

Vehicle
    79 Accord 1.8L CVCC 5-Speed

I'm working on a 79 with a Weber 32/36 on it and have started doing some jetting. Our cars look very similar which makes me think we should start a "Weber Thread" to get all these Weber issues in one place.

Vehicle

Yeah the EK1 in 83 made like 4-5 more hp than the 79. I'd guess that's close enough that jetting should be almost identical (maybe 1 air corrector jet off). I say you should start the EK1 Weber thread, and we all post up our jets and how the car runs and I'll sticky it. I'll add my jet sizes if I ever get my hesitation problem taken care of.

Vehicle

Yeah the EK1 in 83 made like 4-5 more hp than the 79. I'd guess that's close enough that jetting should be almost identical (maybe 1 air corrector jet off). I say you should start the EK1 Weber thread, and we all post up our jets and how the car runs and I'll sticky it. I'll add my jet sizes if I ever get my hesitation problem taken care of.
    Thank you guys. I will dive into the site later this weekend. Unfortunately im pouring some money into my brake booster and power steering pump this weekend. Will give a write up on how to do the brake booster.
    Re-jetting will allow me to lay down some noce and neat gasket sealant this time. Kinda rushed through it last time and left me with a mess of what looks like mustard, caked on my intake manifold. Ha yum.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by PDXAccord79 View Post
    I'm working on a 79 with a Weber 32/36 on it and have started doing some jetting. Our cars look very similar which makes me think we should start a "Weber Thread" to get all these Weber issues in one place.
    I dont know squat about jets. I would love to get a thread together although there are like 49 of them thus far. i yoinked this from a scrapyard off of an 88 accord. so whatever the previous owner did i dont know. Im planning on pulling it off and cleaning it up then start from scratch. need to do some new gaskets and a better gasket sealant. Im having fuel leak everywhere!