Thread: Quick, Which o2 sensor is the primary sensor

Vehicle
    see user name

Exclamation Quick, Which o2 sensor is the primary sensor

I just got a check engine light a few days ago. I checked the light and it blinked twice. Which means o2 sensor B might be bad. It hasn't come on again since the first time, but I figuired its time to replace it anyway. I want to replace both, but my parts store only had one in stock... So for now, I will replace sensor B. So which is sensor a and which is sensor b

Thanks.
    Peaceout..
    89 Lx-i
    Performance: K&N filter,custom CAI, Accel coil, MSD 6aL ignition, magnecor wires, high flow injectors, FPR, sport exhaust,Tokico springs/struts
    Appearance: white gauges, side markers, headlight conversion, clear bumper signal/fog light conversion, SE-i center armrest and cupholder, SE-i leather seats
    17" ADRs with 205/40/17 khumos
    future plans: 16" or 17" rims(can scratch that one off the list 9-12-02), headers-high flow cat.-cat back piping. Rear disc brakes from SE-i, reground cam.

LX User
    Vehicle
    Black '89 Lx-i coupe
    sensor a is on left side of manifold if i remember correctly, and b is on the right.....depending on what kind of manifold you have.....i have the dc sports header, so that is crossed up now, with a on the right and b on the left, which explains why my car ran like shit for a week and a half becuz the guy that installed my header forgot to switch them, so they were crossed up. Caused check engine light to come on while driving down the road, (never when i started it up, but several miles down the road each time) and also made my exhaust spit and pop when taking off slow or normal.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
    http://members.cardomain.com/ntlyku

Vehicle
    see user name
    Thanks R©, I replaced the right sensor and will do the left when I get another one. Damn, those o2 sensors are a Biatch to loosen. I spent over and hour trying to break those dang things loose. I had to grind down the special o2 socket for it to work.

I must say however, the car doesn't seem so sluggish anymore. Hopefully replacing the second one well help further..

Peace out...
    89 Lx-i
    Performance: K&N filter,custom CAI, Accel coil, MSD 6aL ignition, magnecor wires, high flow injectors, FPR, sport exhaust,Tokico springs/struts
    Appearance: white gauges, side markers, headlight conversion, clear bumper signal/fog light conversion, SE-i center armrest and cupholder, SE-i leather seats
    17" ADRs with 205/40/17 khumos
    future plans: 16" or 17" rims(can scratch that one off the list 9-12-02), headers-high flow cat.-cat back piping. Rear disc brakes from SE-i, reground cam.

LX User
    Vehicle
    Black '89 Lx-i coupe
    glad to help
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
    http://members.cardomain.com/ntlyku