Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AB solo2 car...

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Re: AB solo2 car...

Waiting in anticipation! Loving the fully functional setup going on here.

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

Vehicle

Man, that is serious meats going on there!

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

So I had an exciting weekend! Starting out with a snapped throttle cable about 60miles from home at 6 o clock on a friday night... then during my competition my 2 piece S&S header came apart leaving me to stand on just my first 3 runs. Oh yea and like an idiot I raced in SM instead of SMF because there wasn't any SMF competition on this weekends Match Tour forcing me to use the SM PAX multiplier vs the SMF PAX (about a 20 position difference in PAX). Only to be followed up with a spun rod bearing in my ET2 motor!!!

Here is the good news... fresh 275s are insanely sticky, so sticky in fact that my 3 year old 225 out back aren't going to cut it at all... Got to the point were I was running no rear sway bar and had my shock valving on full SOFT along with my front shocks 1/2 turn off of full HARD! Even with that and driving super conservatively I still had tons of oversteer ridiculousness... (like seriously DNF style snap oversteer). Even with all that I was able to get 4th out of 13 drivers in SM at a National Tour Event... and PAX in the top 50% ( with the SMF PAX it would have been in the top 3rd drivers) Losing by a second to first and second (SMF civic of all things) and by .6ths of a second to 3rd (The EVO of DOOM, Search it on Google, Seriously...) The car was in rare form and has me excited for next year (wait didn't I say I was going to build a STC car for next year???)... Pending my performance at Nats with my Back up motor, I'm going to decide what class to build for next year...

The bad news... I spun a rod bearing on my ET2 motor reminding me that the A Series engines truely have more than just a weakness in Power... Reminding me that even with a fully forged bottom end, Even ACL race bearings will go out if not treated 100% perfect. Even with all this madness (I seriously spent well over 2g just on the long block) I was incredibly impressed with the car...

But here are some pictures to Hold you guys over till I get the video together, (i'm thinking blooper reel at the end)...

(EVO of DOOM in the background, driven by the owner, not just some chump btw)

(was told this was the best advice they received all weekend)

(Fuck you A series!!!)

Just to leave this post on a High NOTE!!!

Vehicle

Wow, sad to hear it spun a bearing. You always hear of that happening with the guys doing circle track stuff. Do you think it's due to oil starvation? Maybe a baffled oil pan and accumulator can fix that (not even sure if that's legal in your class). Kinda scares me on the Lemons car I'm building. Hopefully the G-forces won't be as high on a big track with street tires.