Thread: LEDs

Vehicle
    '95 del Sol VTEC

Arrow LEDs

i used to have those washers that had the lights in them but i kept getting pulled over for illegal lighting. so today i striped the LEDs out of them and i need to know a good place to put the LEDs. i want a place on the interior but in the back of the car would be good too. if you have any ideas that would help alot cuz im stumped.

Vehicle
    '98 civic ex
    I've seen people use LEDs to light up inside they're vents, footwells (depending on how bright they are), inside door handles, and you could wire them up to your dome light.
    -Ryan

Pure White 1988 DX Sedan

"It takes a big man to cry. And, an even bigger man to laugh at the big man crying"

Vehicle
    '95 del Sol VTEC
    hmm i have an idea now thanks. i can put the under the arm rest on the door facing down so that they light up the little holder things under there. ill do all that tomorrow. thanks

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi
    ive got a buddy with a si, and he wired a led light in his gauge cluster for a shift light.
    1989 honda accord lx-i. APPEARANCE: 17" eagle alloy racing rims series 169. onsoku racing coilovers for a 90 accord, suicide trunk, green LED undercarraige kit (scans, strobes, beats to music, and solid), 1 20" green lava tube, 3 20" green neons, 2 9" mini green neons, 1 15" lightining rod, 1 10" green neon, neon green racing pedals, 2 green interior strobes, set of headlight strobes in trunk, 1 15" tourquoise in trunk, green LED windshield squirters, reverse indiglo gauges. PERFORMANCE: J-SPEC A18 ENGINE, stage 1 clutchmaster clutch, tenzo r muffler, 2 1/4" piping, custom cold air intake, with ractive filter. AUDIO: jvc kamelion cd player, jenson 6x9's, jenson 6 1/2's

**The 3rd Gen formally known as radioactiveaccord/weetoddedd**

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch
    Originally posted by 3rdgenSLIMER
    ive got a buddy with a si, and he wired a led light in his gauge cluster for a shift light.
    i was thinking of doing something like that, but i have no idea how to control "when" the light comes on. any pointers?

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi
    ill ask him next time he's online
    1989 honda accord lx-i. APPEARANCE: 17" eagle alloy racing rims series 169. onsoku racing coilovers for a 90 accord, suicide trunk, green LED undercarraige kit (scans, strobes, beats to music, and solid), 1 20" green lava tube, 3 20" green neons, 2 9" mini green neons, 1 15" lightining rod, 1 10" green neon, neon green racing pedals, 2 green interior strobes, set of headlight strobes in trunk, 1 15" tourquoise in trunk, green LED windshield squirters, reverse indiglo gauges. PERFORMANCE: J-SPEC A18 ENGINE, stage 1 clutchmaster clutch, tenzo r muffler, 2 1/4" piping, custom cold air intake, with ractive filter. AUDIO: jvc kamelion cd player, jenson 6x9's, jenson 6 1/2's

Vehicle
    '95 del Sol VTEC
    okay i have an idea to make a custom security scanner thing like the ones the sell on crutchfield (as seen here )
    all i need to know is 2 things.

1.does anyone know what i can buy to make the lights flash on and off??

2. if they are on constantly will it eat up enough power from the battery to cause any problems? i know LEds dont use alot of power but if the are on constantly it might be a different story. i might hook the up to a switch so i can turn the on to try and ward off thieves.

anyway any advice will help

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi
    nevermind........he told me it was part of his hondata.......lol.......and he wouldn't tell me how much it cost......he just said......LOTS

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch
    ahh. oh well. i knew an idea like that wouldnt be easy for me!

Vehicle
    03 Accord V6, 98 and 99 Odyssey, 99 Blazer
    They won't drain the batteries, I have this (the 4th one down) from varad inside the gauge cluster, hanging from the top, and it's on all the time(never ever turned off). It's been like that for months with no problem. The longest I've gone without running the car is about 10 days though.

Vehicle
    '95 del Sol VTEC
    aight thanks now all i have to do is figure out how to make them blink and i got it made. looks like i gotta ask the friendly people at Radio Shack. "You have questions. We have answers. Let's see if they match."