Thread: H22a Motor!

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi

H22a Motor!

what do you guys think of this motor? im thinking of saving up to get one, but im not sure if it will fit or anything. i can get it for about 2500 with transmission and all!

tell me all i need to know about swapping it! thanks fellas!
    1989 honda accord lx-i. APPEARANCE: 17" eagle alloy racing rims series 169. onsoku racing coilovers for a 90 accord, suicide trunk, green LED undercarraige kit (scans, strobes, beats to music, and solid), 1 20" green lava tube, 3 20" green neons, 2 9" mini green neons, 1 15" lightining rod, 1 10" green neon, neon green racing pedals, 2 green interior strobes, set of headlight strobes in trunk, 1 15" tourquoise in trunk, green LED windshield squirters, reverse indiglo gauges. PERFORMANCE: J-SPEC A18 ENGINE, stage 1 clutchmaster clutch, tenzo r muffler, 2 1/4" piping, custom cold air intake, with ractive filter. AUDIO: jvc kamelion cd player, jenson 6x9's, jenson 6 1/2's

**The 3rd Gen formally known as radioactiveaccord/weetoddedd**

DX User

Thumbs up i got news for that

The h22a out of the prelude. The 200 hp v-tec engine. My friend reid is putting one in my car for show. I might race it. but yes it can be done and it is worth it. I drove one that we have around here. And it hauls. so if you have the money go for it. Heres the email i got form my friend reid who is putting mine in now.

I can put a 200 horsepower jdm h22a dohc vtec prelude engine into your car. I know a guy who makes mounts for this swap and has it in his car, due to the power of the engine, and relative lightweight of the car, with slight modification you can run in the 13's!!! It will cost a pretty penny, not much more than any other swap but you would be looking at about $4000 installed, and ready to go!!! Pretty cheap if you consider how cool it would be to be one of very few people who have this swap! Let me know.-Reid

There yea go

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi
    13's would be nice, i would have one of the fastest imports in my city!!!! thanks for the reply!!
    1989 honda accord lx-i. APPEARANCE: 17" eagle alloy racing rims series 169. onsoku racing coilovers for a 90 accord, suicide trunk, green LED undercarraige kit (scans, strobes, beats to music, and solid), 1 20" green lava tube, 3 20" green neons, 2 9" mini green neons, 1 15" lightining rod, 1 10" green neon, neon green racing pedals, 2 green interior strobes, set of headlight strobes in trunk, 1 15" tourquoise in trunk, green LED windshield squirters, reverse indiglo gauges. PERFORMANCE: J-SPEC A18 ENGINE, stage 1 clutchmaster clutch, tenzo r muffler, 2 1/4" piping, custom cold air intake, with ractive filter. AUDIO: jvc kamelion cd player, jenson 6x9's, jenson 6 1/2's

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi
    i just had a friend tell me that the motor will make you lose your handling and driveability, cause the engine is so heavy it will knock the car off its natural balance.

Vehicle
    89 Accord LXi that is really pimped!
    fill the backend with neons man, more green, weight it down to insanity, that should correct the balance!
    [Interior] Doors/Dash/Center Console painted at graphics shop. Black/Maroon interior. 20"x4 Green Neon's with sound sensors and a custom switch that I am forever proud of.
    [Exterior] Painted Tail Lights, Red emblems, CUSTOM SI logo that I found in the junkyard, 15" Brobet U's, Tokico Struts, Nuespeed Coilovers, Street-Glo Green Neon Undercar Kit.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1987 accord lx-i
    just guessin but i doubt that the other engine is more then 50 lbs hevier i wouldnt worry about it
    hmm and you thought the reverse polarity of the sun made you loose to a 3rd gen accord

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi
    LMAO!!!:super: glowin like a mofocker!

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    if you are worried about an extra 75 pounds up front, add a pair of subs in the back, this will balance you out, and you will have better traction due to the extra 150 pounds.. it might add a detract from you ET, but i think it could be worth it

Derick

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi
    my system is goin to come last in my car. its goin to look good, and go fast first. then the system will come.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    Iron is a bit heavier than aluminum, isn't it. After all the H22A is a all aluminum engine, whereas our car's of course have a iron block.

I highly doubt their is much of a difference in weight between these engine's. One could settle this buy finding out the shipping weight from whomever sell's and ships either engine.

Vehicle
    88 LX-i coupe 91 LX coupe
    650 lbs with tranny

SEi User
    Vehicle
    1991 Vr-4 394/2000 1992 Acura GS-R :)
    86accorddc can u give me the email or phone number to the guy that makes the axles and mounts?
    Thanks!!!!!!
    [email protected]

LX User
    Vehicle
    '86 Accord sedan
    Even if it does weigh more - it won't be much, and think of the power : weight ratio that you'd get with that puppy...

Got for it...especially if you can get it for $2500!

DX User
    :pimp:

Man i got my car back like 2 hours ago and ohh my god i about craped my pants. my car has more balls then ever. I just had to go over to my friend's house to show him I kicked his car's ass. i think i actually might raceit. I have one race this weekend. I wll let you know how it goes. And yes i will get you the of that guy tomorrow i'm talking with him tomorrow about my car. But so far its a sweet thing

SEi User
    Vehicle
    1991 Vr-4 394/2000 1992 Acura GS-R :)
    A few request!!!..............Pics, Pics, and more Pics O where are u located at?
    so how much did everything cost?

DX User

I will try to get pics but my scaner right now is broken. i live in Kennewick WA. but soon be moving i dunno know where yet. for me it costed about $4,000. but let me tell you its worth every penny right now.:super:

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi
    thanks for the replies guys!!

Vehicle
    89 Accord LXi that is really pimped!
    np slimer
    [Interior] Doors/Dash/Center Console painted at graphics shop. Black/Maroon interior. 20"x4 Green Neon's with sound sensors and a custom switch that I am forever proud of.
    [Exterior] Painted Tail Lights, Red emblems, CUSTOM SI logo that I found in the junkyard, 15" Brobet U's, Tokico Struts, Nuespeed Coilovers, Street-Glo Green Neon Undercar Kit.