Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ECU code#6

SEi User
    Vehicle
    88 lxi coupe
    If I'm not wrong, there are 2 fan switches therefore 2 relays. Sub cooling fan should be for the switch on the thermostate housing. It controls the left fan.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    i dont know how far its true anchovies, cause in my car, both the fans come on the same time. In some efi cars i have seen (89) they had the subcooling fan blocked with a plastic/rubber thingie over the holder. On the older efi cars, the sub cooling fan relay was a silver (aluminum) casing that was cylinderical.

I am gonna swap the lower radiator sensor and see what happens. Which one should i short to have the fan turn on? Is it the one on the radiator or is it the one on the thermostat housing?

NOTE: Why is my lower radiator hose cold when the engine is warm and also hot??

SEi User
    Vehicle
    88 lxi coupe
    I haven't been working with the cooling system for a while, but if I remembered correctly, if you short the sensor on the thermostate housing, the left fan will turn on. If you short the sensor under the radiator, the right fan will turn on.
    (OR...short the thermostate housing fan, both fans will turn on..sorry..couldn't remember)
    Maybe there's blockage somewhere in the cooling passages, you said the lower hose was warm before, now it's cold. How long is the car running? How about the upper hose?

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    I never messed with the thermostat or took it apart. I ran the car for around 10 mts till the smoke came up. i guess its just the dirt from power washing my engine and all setteled on the down pipe. anywayz, i am gonna run my engine for 20 mts to see if the fan comes on. I shrot both the sensor connectors on the thermostat and the bottom of the radiator and nothing came on. I dont know whats wrong. I will see the junkyard and see how it goes. Thanks man.

Vehicle
    86 2.0Si JDM DOHC Accord
    might be the control module for fans playing up...is there voltage going to any of the relay contacts...with key on?

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    the relays are fine and swapped two more to get it working, but no way. I drained all the coolent and changed the sensor on the lower one with my other one from my broken radiator. anywayz, the auto radiator will work with a manual car right??? cause i did get a radiator from an auto for my car which is manual.

i am gonna get the thermostat sensor tomorrow and see if that would work, if not i got to figure out something and hopefully someone would have come across this.

green man, what happened to your car man? how did u fix ur stuff? u got the same probs as mine right?

NOTE: i ran the car for 25 mts and it was fucking hot on the valve cover.

Vehicle
    86 2.0Si JDM DOHC Accord
    have you checked fuse number's,1,9,12,14,....all 15amp fuse's to do with cooling fans
    remove the relays and check for voltage going to connector for relays with key off,then with key on

Originally posted by anchovies

Ok guys, I dont feel like reading the whole thing, but I just had that problem on my car. If you look at the picture, the plug on top or the right (brown plug) is the cooling temp. sensor and the green plug (the one on the bottom or left or green) is the Temp. gauge sensor. The problem that you have is with the cooling temp. sensor ( I think that's how you call it). Change that sensor but not the plug ( they are usually good) and you should be alright. Just make sure they change the right sensor because a mechanic here changed the wrong sensor and the problem was still there. The sensor is not that expensive, it like $15 new. So go for it dude. If somebody already told you this, you can disregard this post................. Out!
    Maurice

SEi User
    Vehicle
    88 lxi coupe
    Brown (actually it's supposed to be white socket) is the ECT sensor for the ECU. The green socket is the temp switch for the fan. The temp. gauge sensor is the one wire smaller sensor black socket, which you can only barely see in the pic.
    Just wanted to clear it up.

kool..........
    Maurice

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    Ype the green is the fan switch or whatever u call it and the white plug is the TW sensors and the black is the temp gauge sendor

okay here is the new find, i shorted the green plug with car runnin, no fan. I shorted the one near the bottom of the radiator, No fan then too. Checked all the fues in the engine bay fuse box, all fuses are fine, relay is working good. even got the sub cooling fan and its fuse. the fuse for the cooling fan in the cabin fuse box is good too.

What the fuck is wrong? Why wont the damn fans come on????????? Is there anythign that i gotta do????? Dude carot u did not run into this problem????