Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So I bought another Prelude...

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Re: So I bought another Prelude...

What of those super long wheel studs? Beauty rotors, nice!

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX, 250,000 Miles, Daily Driver

sweet upgrades. One part does always lead to another.

1988 Honda Accord LSDX-I

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by Hazwan View Post
    This just made want a 2g lude so bad right now
    omg what who knew I would actually own one!

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

So I managed to squeeze some 15x9 wheels on my lude..

Enjoy!!!

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Super tight fit on the rear!

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

sexy as fuck!

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Prelude 2.0Si-T

Sam!!

Looking good, dude! What's the offset on those? Them Brembos! I like it!!!
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

Vehicle

You need to pull that rear a little

how to make wide fender for cheap - YouTube
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

Thanks gio, the wheel offset is a +36mm offset. In these pictures im running 10mm spacer in the rear and a 15mm spacer in the front, but with the camber nearly full negative. So I have an 8mm spacer for the front, as well as a handful of other spacers to find which combinnation works best where... And as much as i wish i was balling out of control, these brakes are just Wilwoods, but badass none the less! Should have it running by wednesday if im lucky.

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

Made some big progress last night. I got the new water pump, new thermostat, new radiator, newer alternator, and new acc belts. Ive got the carbs and manifolds on, just need the lower exhaust manifold, all the fluids, and bleed my brakes. Ill be mobbing around on 15x9s and wilwoods soon! Im going to wish I had a rev limiter with this 7lbs flywheel!!! So many new parts im so excited progress picture...

Quote Originally Posted by gfrg88 View Post
    You need to pull that rear a little

how to make wide fender for cheap - YouTube
    Lookin dope. Hard to tell from the pics on how bad the rust is on the rear quarters really is. Do you think they'll stand up to the phonebook flaring?

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by hondalude86 View Post
    Thanks gio, the wheel offset is a +36mm offset. In these pictures im running 10mm spacer in the rear and a 15mm spacer in the front, but with the camber nearly full negative. So I have an 8mm spacer for the front, as well as a handful of other spacers to find which combinnation works best where... And as much as i wish i was balling out of control, these brakes are just Wilwoods, but badass none the less! Should have it running by wednesday if im lucky.
    I knew they were Wilwoods.. Don't know why I typed Brembos
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 1813mdw View Post
    Lookin dope. Hard to tell from the pics on how bad the rust is on the rear quarters really is. Do you think they'll stand up to the phonebook flaring?
    With enough heat and patience, maybe.
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

No need to flare the fenders, besides, I've got the Eastwood fender roller and have rolled the rears already. Not worried about rear tire clearances

LX User
    Vehicle
    1987 accord LX, 1986 accord lxi race car, 1987 prelude

I demand updates!!!

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Prelude Si

Saw this beauty this weekend!!! Had some rear brake issues so I donated a extra rear set of calipers I had!

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Pic? What? Were on pins n needles

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Prelude Si

hondalude86 just moved into a house so updates might be a little slow. It should be mobile soon!

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

Oh wow, ican't believe i never updated this? The 15x9s are pretty snug in the rear for daily driving, over all the car feels great and the brakes are awesome, minus the leaky rear caliper. The tranny is geared super short and it makes it feel quicker. Pics and possibly video soon!!!

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

sent you a pm

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

alright guys, where do I start, Oh yea, we'll start from my stance days...

So I got it all back together last summer... Here is the reminder of what all got swapped/replaced...
    New water pump, radiator, coolant hoses, thermostat and coolant for the cooling.
    New jets for the carbies, baffled oil pan, new wilwood brake kit for the honda/acura with rotors (in hindsight i should have bought my own), My se-i hubs with semi fresh wheel bearings and arp wheel studs, new rear wheel bearings and rotors w/arp studs, re-used Si calipers with stock pads (passenger side ended up leaking, was quiet the fiasco when it was discovered, only the pass side ebrake worked).
    Also swapped in my Clutchnet kit w/kevlar disc and stage 4 pressure plate, 7lbs clutchnet flywheel, my modded trans with the 1st gen teggy gearset intalled, some new 3rd gen accord axles (smaller od for my super lowness)... any and all plastic cheddaJ bushings I had laying around (which was everything but the rear toe bar, I have the spherical setup, which wouldn't clear the super wide wheels) and poly uerthane shifter bushings and front radius rod bushings...
    I'm pretty sure I touched on everything, not sure if it was on there before or not, but I was able to cut up my 3rd gen accord coupe exhaust and hack the shit out it and installed it on the lude with an obx 4-1 header, which over the course of the following 12 months was able to absolutely crush the fuck out it... Here are some pics from those crazy days...

admittedly I didn't take to many pictures of the stance years (ok maybe year...) not like proper pictures... I should probably do some proper pictures again, with my current setup...

So, as Jared mentioned (rustlude), so alot of my time and money went into buying this house... and the 45 day long contract time was nerve racking! Was able to buy my house in Oct of last year... Then the snow came... which was fine since my little tires had seen probably 15-20 total miles by this time (10k of which mounted on my 9" wide wheels...) The company I work for started cutting back (cut 30% of its total work force in the camp I work at!! Yikes). Paranoid that I needed new tires for the nicer weather, I went cheap and bought some 195/45 federal Super Steel blah blahs... For like 260 shipped! Crazy, I know. Fearful that hose bad chickens would little pop off the 9" wide wheels I opted to mount them back on my traklites... as you can see here...

back under the knife...

15x8 traklites installed... maybe not too much drama... hahaha

yummy!

Both ludes in the garage...

got a roomate, starting making home improvements, the prelude sat through most the winter do to the large amount of snow, and the lack of brakes... So yea, that... I parked the car because of the impending snow storms and drove my truck, for a month or better... I decide with the new tires I should be able to get along just fine... That was until I had no brakes, the fluid had all leaked out over the course of that month or better! Was super scary... Back to driving the Slut Truck... thanks to Jared's donation, we were able to get back on track again... with ebrakes now! hells yea!

Hours start coming back, being extra frugal, I was able to save up a small batch of money, which I blew nearly immediately through after a weird break up... the ladies, damn the ladies...

So I bought myself a new daily driver... Thought I wanted an s2000 but that idea evolved into something a little more practical (was dating a woman with two kids! Yikes!!!) So I opted for a 2003 BMW M5... and let me tell you, this mother fucker is fast, like retarded, for a 4k lbs car, it moves... Ideas of modding the M5 were quickly running through my head... until I started pricing stuff out.. 1500$ just for some mufflers, that make ZERO power... In fact, food for thought, until you buy Headers, the exhaust purchases are strictly for sound... The factory headers are so restrictive that with just the headers, you make 40hp to the wheels... 40, through the stock exhaust. Nuts. Price for said headers? 2800$+. So I decided that the money would be better spent else where... Like on maybe getting the currently running Prelude and myself back out racing after my 2014 absence.

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

Cont...

The new Daily! 400hp and 364lbs of plush german Luxury...

2003 e39 M5

So 2013 taught me some things... a-series engines go boom too, and having to flat tow and rent a truck and trailer and take a day off work was expensive enough... So I thought... Hmmm, trailer life?

Picked this bad chicken up for 2k...

Then this happened...

Yea, not sure how, but I ended up buying a Lincoln navigator for 1400$ with a blown motor... fix-n-flip or the possible replacement for my Slut Truck...

Then this...

15x7 Enkie rpf1s with nitto nt-01 (because I'm cheap... grrr tire prices)

mounted!!

So, currently being in track mod, I had some somethings I needed to address, like the rotors in the front... the wilwood rotors simply can't take the heat, I've had them up to smoking temps and they warped... So I bought some new ones, for the Se-i fitment, some Power Slot Cryo treated rotors... but why so much rotor? My stock wilwood pads will only get to .44u at 400*... I wanted MORE!!! So I did, I bought some Wilwood Poly matrix A pads, .68u as early as 400*, .55u <100*, and .64u at 1300*. But Mr. Dussex, with all that pad, what about the rear brake bias? wont it be completely shitty with the stock pads, almost none exist both at cold temps and at rotors temps tipping 500+*? Yes and Yes... So I did 2 things... got new rotors (not installed yet)

and some new Hawk Compound called their street/race compound, which I believe is a marketing ploy for the Hawk DTC-30s, a true hardcore pad. Why not the Hawk hp+ compound, a Pad that you know is a superior pad when compared to your stock pads, with great initial bite?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46354-hawk-brake-pads-hawkpadchart.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	7002
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	compound_chart-1.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	7001
    Please review the respective charts...
    The dtc-30 have the same brake torque at 180 degress as the hawk hp+ but continue to soar where the hp+ start to die off, bottom line the hp+ does a great job for autocross on a light car, but the dtc-30 does better and goes well beyond the limits of the hp+ for road course use or heavy mountain driving. This pad combination, will not quit!!! I needed rotors up front that wouldn't either. Just to give you guys a reference, I went to break in the new pads on the rotors (already broke in rotors) and did some major work. I took a mile cool down lap and pulled into my garage and immediately temped the front and rear pads... the rear pads, after a good mile long 5 min cool down were still at 180* the front rotors were past 200* with the pad temps around 180* as well, ironically, the stock rear rotors had only held onto 130* of temp... figured it'd been higher...

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

Alright, so last post...

I installed my rear sway bar, an addco 19mm unit for better handling, worked on cleaning up the suspension and engine bay since it was all covered in road grime (not a problem now ) Then loaded it up for the weekend Autocross and raced the bad bitch...

Less than 20 miles on the wheels, and this was the clean front, the other was worse! Brake Dust!

Suspension getting the rub down it needs and deserves...

after several hours of cleaning, wheels included, This was the final result...

much cleaner, and those wheels really compliment the brakes!

All trailered up with the slut truck!

waiting to be tech'd.

Ended up winning 1st in my class, but I was classed wrong and they wouldn't change it... would have placed about mid pack in the Proper Class, but I personally need work! Seat time!!!

So here is my to-do list... New Seat, Harness bar, New mobetta brake fluid, fix my filler neck, redo the exhaust and header, and get a distributor, the current one I believe to be at fault for my lost power since my last two alternators were over charging like crazy!

That is all!

LX User
    Vehicle
    1987 accord LX, 1986 accord lxi race car, 1987 prelude

Dayum! Thats one hell of an update

Vehicle
    87 Hatch

Wow no kidding, big update! It sounds like you've had many up's and down's but are managing well.

Best of luck with the autocross, what are you thinking for a seat? Something you can find at the JY or something more serious?
    Andrew.

My hatch build thread(started in winter of 07).