Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Video] Brake caliper Seized 1983 Honda Accord

Vehicle
    1983 Honda Accord automatic EK1

Re: [Video] Brake caliper Seized 1983 Honda Accord

Quote Originally Posted by Hazwan View Post
    Well I wouldn't worry much about the pitting as long as the bores are smooth and the pins would slide freely (with enough grease obviously!)
    Greased em hard today. Went ahead and reordered my hoses from rockauto. There was a confusion with the delivery... comercial break...

Vehicle

I have replaced the brake hoses. The flexible rubber hoses. And I still stand with the same problem. The the front left caliper is hanging up and it is being to fry up all my new goodies. The caliper is freakin cook medium well and the rim is begining to get a nice Carmel glaze on it! Yum. Ok enough of the food references. .. I am going to the master cylinder again. Since it is only one side being held up could the master cylinder be a suspect? Reminds you that I did just replace the booster and the master cylinder. Where else do I go from here. I am bleeding them again tonight

Vehicle

Update: Took for a test drive after another bleed on the front. Still the left front was untouchable after a 10 min drive. Passenger aide was hot too, which is new. But it wasn't nearly as hot as the driver side. I went ahead and twisted the pushrod nut clockwise (bring it in closer and relieve pressure off the m.s.) almost all the way till it completely came off the threads( kind of hard to explain unless you have done this). Took for test drive and problem was solved. Now time to get a new rotor. Baby is cooked. The caliper is pretty cooked too. I mean like it went from that brand shiny new silver aluminum color to rusty burnt tarnished brown. Do you think it will be ok. 500 miles with straight 400º temps on it.

I believe it was a collapsed hose on the driver side in combination with a maladjusted puahrod length after installation.

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

That's great man. I'm glad you got it fixed. And I applaud you for sticking with it until you got it figured out. I know it's a pain in the ass and super frustrating to deal with issues like this. That's so awesome you got it going! Awesome work.

The caliper might be okay. It's hard to say. I cooked one on my car as well, and it wound up being sticky because I think it melted the piston seal. I'd say replace it when you can, but if you're sure it's not sticking now, you're probably okay.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy View Post
    That's great man. I'm glad you got it fixed. And I applaud you for sticking with it until you got it figured out. I know it's a pain in the ass and super frustrating to deal with issues like this. That's so awesome you got it going! Awesome work.

The caliper might be okay. It's hard to say. I cooked one on my car as well, and it wound up being sticky because I think it melted the piston seal. I'd say replace it when you can, but if you're sure it's not sticking now, you're probably okay.
    Im very fortunate for you guys here and the beautiful resources on the webs. I learned alot as usual throufh the process and truly hope someone comes across this thread if they have the same issue. although it took me about 8 other forums and a little bit of napa+autozone weirdos to get an idea. it was just a matter of replacing everything and I really think this booster pushrod is rediculous. 1mm can make a huge difference.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Its strange how the pushrod clearance appears to be normal at least from the pics. Glad that you have everything sorted out though! Your caliper and rotor might be fine from the heat. If they're functioning properly now, I'd leave it alone. You need to at least replace the fluid as they're probably boiled before.

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Hazwan View Post
    Its strange how the pushrod clearance appears to be normal at least from the pics. Glad that you have everything sorted out though! Your caliper and rotor might be fine from the heat. If they're functioning properly now, I'd leave it alone. You need to at least replace the fluid as they're probably boiled before.
    I feel like every once in awhile the problem returns. some days the brakes are touchier than others. some days the lugs nuts are boiling hot again, most days not. id say 1/7 days it comes back. Does anyone have a spec on the pushrod clearance for US 83 Accord 4dr. I want to verify this so I can rest. Could a bad bleed cause brakes to stick?