Thread: Vaccum gauge pod?

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXi

Vaccum gauge pod?

Was thinking about poping one in my accord, a few questions. Anyone have any good recommendations for one? And can that hook into where all those vaccum lines are coming out of the right side of the air intake? There's one I believe top right of the two rows that have a dummy nub on it I took it off and it does pull vaccum so I'd assum it would work, correct?

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Re: Vaccum gauge pod?

I have a few AutoGauges in mine and they work well enough. They aren't especially accurate but are consistent in their inaccuracy. In other words, they are fine if you remember that you have to add 10 psi to the oil pressure reading and a few volts on to the voltmeter reading. The spare port on the side of the intake is where I have mine hooked in.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXi

Thank ya thank ya! Going to pop a few gauges in when I'm not too broke! But figured id start with a vaccum gauge this week just to adjust my driving habbits a bot... Got a bit on my plate with my Honda and starting to look into my oldsmobile that's been sitting for years. Goal in mind being kill alllllll the bees new battery new battery cable draining whatever is In that gas tank probably use some seafoam freshgas and see if she's going to crank for me.... But then all te fluid changes and tires and so on and so fourth nice project but its going to be a lot of work and money. I enjoy tinkering though so it's all good.

Vehicle
    1983 Honda Accord automatic EK1

I have Colbalt Autometer water temp gauge im getting rid of. works great and comes with the sending unit that you swap out with the stock one. I had it in my 83 for the replacement of a temp gauge bc my cluster was fried.got the replacement cluster last minth and have no more need for it. looks cool its like the neon blue with a red needle. sure you can find pics inline. let me know it your interested.