Thread: Transmission to the B20B

Vehicle
    N/A for the public eyes;)

Transmission to the B20B

What transmission should I go with when doing the B20B swap? I know that the Civic & Integra transmissions are the same(I think). The one I really want is a Type R tranny but im not sure if it will bolt up or not. I want a six speed 3G basically.
    Plans have changed....The car is gone & im on to a new project....Nissan Maxima & 240sx/S13 Silvia....But the modders of the 3rd Gens still have my props. Not to many other cars take tha drive to do like a 3rd Gen

Vehicle
    1989 LXI Coupe Kswap, 1989 LXI Bswap
    i think 6 spd is out the question, you will need a b series cable tranny, civic trannys are d series unles it the b16 civic, you can use the tranny for and early model jdm b16a civic or a 90-93 integra. the closest you a type r tranny as a ys1 tranny, almost the same gearing and it cable
    Style Quality Uniqueness And Design
    S.Q.U.A.D. Engineering
    www.squadengineering.com

http://www.facebook.com/squadengineering

Vehicle
    I was conversating with a buddy of mine & I mention me wanting to do a CRVTEC swap & he gave me some amazing news. Well lets see, he said that the transmission for an RSX will bolt right up with the motor. Im not sure, but I think the RSX is a 6-speed. So if this info is true then hopefully ill be the first 3rd Gen with a B20B VTEC w/ a 6-speed transmission.:pimp: When I do this swap & get it all running right ill let everybody know on my 1/4 times & what not.
    Plans have changed....The car is gone & im on to a new project....Nissan Maxima & 240sx/S13 Silvia....But the modders of the 3rd Gens still have my props. Not to many other cars take tha drive to do like a 3rd Gen

LXi User
    Vehicle
    87 4dr lx, 91 CRX Si, 92/civic/hb si, 94 mustang GT conv.
    Yes the RSX Type-S is a 6-speed. But it will not bolt up to the B20B. The motor spins in the oppisite direction. Your buddy maybe thinking of the new CRV motor K24A which will bolt up to the RSX Type-S tranny.
    87 4dr LX "It was FREE"
    91 CRX Si it was only $500 hehe

Vehicle
    a 93 z34 that's getting parted out, an 86 accord lx that now lives in a j/y, and a 90 camry le that the state no longer allows me to drive. soon to be replaced with an aprilia rs50 or a derbi gpr.
    Ah the non-Frankenstein CRVTEC. It will be bad-ass when that gen CRV has been around long enough that people have had plenty of time to wreck them...
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

Vehicle
    89 Honda accord lxi hatch-back soon to be a b20a monster
    ok you guys im little mixed up on witch tranny i need for my b20a .can anyone tell me witch car year or tranny number i need to fit up to my b20a with out eney hassel or do I have to find the tranny that came on it. this is a big pice of the puzzle I dont have thanks

FUN IN THE SUN IN MY LXI BOLINKXR

b20a dc header, cat back ,tokico springs, mugen intake ,full msd vortec fuel pressure regulator, sei disk brakes, 16" rims reverse indiglo gages, 4wS pralude stering wheel

Vehicle
    1989 LXI Coupe Kswap, 1989 LXI Bswap
    you will need a b20a tranny for the b20 a, the b20 b and use any b series civic or integra tranny
    Style Quality Uniqueness And Design
    S.Q.U.A.D. Engineering
    www.squadengineering.com

http://www.facebook.com/squadengineering

Vehicle
    Originally posted by h0ndavtec
    you will need a b20a tranny for the b20 a, the b20 b and use any b series civic or integra tranny
    Even a Type R tranny?

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 4dr LX-I
    yea even a type r
    Custom Body Kit, Custom Intake, Custom Mystic Paint, Custom complete white and blue interior, DVD/MP3 stereo in works...........soon 4 u 2 c