Thread: How-To Install A Fuel Pressure Gauge/Banjo Bolt.

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LXi(Rebuilt)

Post How-To Install A Fuel Pressure Gauge/Banjo Bolt.

I purchased a Glowshift 7 Color Fuel PSI gauge around 3 years ago and finally got around to installing it. I've put together this How-To as it applies to pretty much all Fuel Pressure Gauges you'll purchase, and is the simplist place to adapt a Fuel Pressure Gauge with a 1/8 NPT adapter.

Step 1-Locate your fuel filter. It'll be located on the fire wall, just to the right of your Black Box/Fuel Vapor Canister

Step 2-Remove your old Banjo Bolt from the OUT side of the Fuel Filter.(It's the 17mm Bolt that doesn't have the 6mm test bolt on the top of the bolt)

The Bolt you're replacing and the Bolt you'll be replacing it with.

Step 3-With NEW Copper Fuel Filter Washers Install the new Banjo Bolt and torque to FSM specifications.(Always torque your fuel line bolts because fuel is extremely dangerous/flammable.)

Step 4-Install either A.)Your Fuel Pressure Gauge OR B.)Your Fuel Pressure Sending Unit(Depending on your set up and torque to spec.
    Part A.)
    Part B.)

Step 5-If you're installing a Pressure Sending Unit for a Gauge, Wire the Gauge/Unit according to manufacturers instructions.

Boom. Done.

Took 20 Minutes to install for me. The Banjo Bolt i bought was for a Civic. M12 x 1.5 i think was the threading with 1/8" NPT adapter. I purchased mine from NYE Motorsports for $10.
    Honda Acura 12mm Banjo Bolt Fuel Pressure Gauge Adaptor Fitting 1 8 NPT Civic | eBay
    The Fuel Pressure Gauge was from Glowshift for $59.99
    GlowShift | Tinted 7 Color 100 Fuel Pressure Gauge with Electronic Pressure Sensor
    Shaggy
    FF II/ETC I

"What's my age again? What's my age again?"

LX User
    Vehicle
    2004 Acura TL

Re: How-To Install A Fuel Pressure Gauge/Banjo Bolt.

There is a test port in the other banjo bolt. It's 6.0mm-1.00 I think. My harbor freight fuel pressure kit came with the adapter.