Thread: My intro: 2 Aussie hatch's in SEQ

DX User
    Vehicle
    1981 Honda Accord hatch

My intro: 2 Aussie hatch's in SEQ

Hey all, just a quick show of the two hatches I have here in Australia. Bought the green 1981 Hondamatic last year for $400 and the blue one, another '81 with a manual is kinda co-owned for parts...it's a rust bucket so getting progressively stripped. Below is my feeble attempt at a link to my ImageShack account, so sorry if there's a way I could have done so better but the explanation I found in 'How To' at the home site didn't appear to be correct anymore to me? Anyway hopefully you can somehow get there and check them out

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Re: My intro: 2 Aussie hatch's in SEQ

Interesting wheels on the blue car. Are they 4x120?

Clean cars though, even the parts car appears to be somewhat clean haha I've seen worse!

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

DX User
    Vehicle
    1981 Honda Accord hatch

They sure are, they're a custom job from 1989. Was waiting for someone to spot that haha of course it has been you, the almighty (we love your work Hazwan!)
    But yea thanks , green (Jane is her name, Jane Honda) is very tidy...the story goes I went to look at it for a mate in Brisbane last year but his plans of buying fell through but my hands-on viewing had caused me to fall in love with the retro styling of 1G's and I knew this one was an excellent buy (original paint and all proving no nasties hiding) so I just had to do it and it was so cheap

It's roadworthy and registered now and just waiting the final fitting of a timing belt kit so as to be my runabout permanently. Those blue wheels will be used but I dunno whether to do more than a mere clean of them for now and just fit them ratty as Jane is quite ratty or not...opinions?!

As for the blue one itself, it doesn't look bad but it's quite had it. It belonged to the father of the mate I previously mentioned, bought as a front end write-off in '89 and this is the re-built one, wheels and all. It sat on a property for so long though and rusted immensely (there's a lot of bog from the initial build too) but so many valuable parts which I'm hoping may even be able to help some on here too.

Anyway sorry for the ramble I'll stop (for now) but yea was there any better way I could have displayed my images?

Vehicle

Jane Honda! That's hilarious! I love it...
    I've gotta say I'm really diggin that blue one...I've wanted a hatchback for a while and that pic didn't help! I'm starting to wonder if I should try and trade my 4-door for one LOL I'm always puzzled by rusty cars in Australia...is it a coastal thing? salty sea air? Anyhow, great score, and cheers for keepin some cool old school on the road.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by lostscotiaguy View Post
    Jane Honda! That's hilarious! I love it...
    I've gotta say I'm really diggin that blue one...I've wanted a hatchback for a while and that pic didn't help! I'm starting to wonder if I should try and trade my 4-door for one LOL I'm always puzzled by rusty cars in Australia...is it a coastal thing? salty sea air? Anyhow, great score, and cheers for keepin some cool old school on the road.
    Shhh cars everywhere else other than California do rust you know

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    79 Accord hatch, 89 CR-X SiR, '74 Z360 h/top, '81 prelude, '65 S600

Congratulations, Green does look very nice, & the 5-speed would transform it if you if you didn't feel like wafting about with the Hondamatic, it must be admitted that most Hondamatics were more likely to be bought by people who didn't drive much.
    Wheels off blue will definitely let it stand out.. as if early Accord weren't distinctively rare enough now (even if most will think them Civics).
    For sedan owners in lust should we suggest sedans might let you get the tail out more RWD styley with their added rear weight bias , at least the R&T test pictures suggested it...

Vehicle
    79´Accord,83´Lude,71´Nova coupe,83´Pontiac 6000,69 Mustang coupe,and many more rusted crap...

Quote Originally Posted by Hazwan View Post
    Interesting wheels on the blue car. Are they 4x120?

Clean cars though, even the parts car appears to be somewhat clean haha I've seen worse!

Yeah Haz, you saw MINE! Lol, my 81 is in much MUCHH worst shape than the blue wheeled hatch and i just started the restoration. Dont let it (Him/Her) die!!!!
    So many reasons why
    I won't be sending postcards
    From Paraguay

Vehicle
    79´Accord,83´Lude,71´Nova coupe,83´Pontiac 6000,69 Mustang coupe,and many more rusted crap...

BTW, you can upload pictures using the direct link option in the Imageshack or Photobucket picture, press the GET LINKS button, and just copy and paste the resulting DIRECT LINK code in your message here.
    So many reasons why
    I won't be sending postcards
    From Paraguay