Thread: What did you do to your 1G today?

Vehicle
    79´Accord,83´Lude,71´Nova coupe,83´Pontiac 6000,69 Mustang coupe,and many more rusted crap...

What did you do to your 1G today?

I start this thread so you can share the minor jobs performed to your car (By yourself or by others) in order to keep it in good shape.

I'll start with the maintenance done this week:

Today i just replaced both front shock absorbers complete with new springs, new bearing, seals, hub, brake pads,disk, flex, cv joint (outer), and caliper piston and seal, also bought good synthetic oil and filter as well as oil for the 5mt (The same oil as the motor anyways, but not fully synthetic).
    Yesterday i had the timing belt replaced, as timing was off for two belt tooth, power was crap and economy worse, 18 litres every 100 km, i replaced the belt just to be sure, dont want to do that again in a long time. This is one of the most enjoyable jobs to perform in your Accord... . Had to dismantle half of the car to get the thing done. All day working for a timing belt
    Also had the A/C system working again. It blows COOOOLD!! Amazing for such a neglected and abandoned car.
    Last edited by 1GCustomAccord; 08-02-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    So many reasons why
    I won't be sending postcards
    From Paraguay

Vehicle
    79´Accord,83´Lude,71´Nova coupe,83´Pontiac 6000,69 Mustang coupe,and many more rusted crap...

Re: What did you do to your 1G today?

Oh, forgot about the heater valve that was struck frozen, so i replaced it as i have lots of them and they are easy to change.
    So many reasons why
    From Paraguay

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

I put a foil windshield heat reflector in the car to keep the dashboard from burning up. It's not in as good of condition as when I bought it. I can see it starting to burn now that I drive it around and park it outside at work during the day.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

I was going to make a same thread months back but I figured nobody else would mess around with their 1g everyday lol?

Anyway so I've tightened the loose battery cable going to my solenoid. That fixed the no start issue (Y)

I also realized that I'm losing interest with the car now. That and I'm running out of things to do to it and I wanted a fresh start
    Last edited by Hazwan; 08-04-2013 at 04:24 AM.

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle

Well, that was an easy fix!
    Losing interest happens, but after a while you will miss the car again, it happened to me years ago when i lost interest in my Accord after dismantling it to "start" restoration. The car was sitting there ever since, even tough i spend the last years buying lots of new parts for the car for the time i feel is right to restart restoration... and the time has come now, i even bought the grey one ( That i am using right now to remember old times) to restore it to. It's all about missing the feeling of driving that car.

Going back on topic, i drained coolant... ok it was water, and replaced it with coolant today, also replaced the wipers.
    So many reasons why
    From Paraguay

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy View Post
    I put a foil windshield heat reflector in the car to keep the dashboard from burning up. It's not in as good of condition as when I bought it. I can see it starting to burn now that I drive it around and park it outside at work during the day.
    That seems to be a cronic issue with older Accords, i wonder if there's a product to protect the dash from drying up. Same thing happens with my 1987 Merc and its not nice to see those cracks growing.
    So many reasons why
    From Paraguay

DX User
    Vehicle
    1979 Accord LX Hatch

I just picked up a first-gen hatch a few weeks ago. I spent a good portion of today rebuilding its driver's side door latch and starting reupholstery of its sunvisors and shift/handbrake boots.

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by sapincher View Post
    I just picked up a first-gen hatch a few weeks ago. I spent a good portion of today rebuilding its driver's side door latch and starting reupholstery of its sunvisors and shift/handbrake boots.
    We'd love to see some pics and more info on your car! You should start a new thread. We'd love to follow your progress!

DX User
    Vehicle
    1979 Accord LX Hatch

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy View Post
    We'd love to see some pics and more info on your car! You should start a new thread. We'd love to follow your progress!
    Thanks ! I will take some pictures and put them up shortly. I have a lot of work to do on the car - it's covered in dings and I found out the engine needs rebuilt and the interior's a little messed up, etc.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Yes post up pics! We all love pics!

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Pics please!
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Cleaned up the crap that has been collecting on the windshield and roof Car looks pretty sad right now. I need a place to store her properly. And theres still no serious buyer interested with the car which is sad. I've been offered some ridiculous/insulting price for her. Pisses me off. Good news is my dad might buy her off me if I couldn't get it sold soon.

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    79 Accord hatch, 89 CR-X SiR, '74 Z360 h/top, '81 prelude, '65 S600

Glad to hear that even if it might be difficult. Keeps options open for the future.

Vehicle

Sad to see its being sold, but be patient, there's a buyer for everything. I understand your car wont be cheap due to the high amount of invested money and time spent, making it unique, and someone will be interested exactly in that fact. My advice is to move it away from that tree, for the leafs problem, the birds, and, in the case of a storm or heavy wind, broken branches that may fall.
    So many reasons why
    From Paraguay

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Yeah parking the car under that tree was a bad idea. I washed the car (again) yesterday and got rid of the bird crap and bunch of leaf and crap on it. I really need a space to store the car Drove the car around the neighborhood and the brakes and clutch pedal are starting to stick from sitting too long. Oh and dead starter too. Starter solenoid fucked up for the 3rd time. I was pissed so I went out and bought a reman starter instead heh. And yes I did try to get another solenoid but nobody have them in stock.

I've put the listing(s) down. Changed my mind, not gonna sell her to some retarded ricer. I'll just wait for my dad to sell his other car to buy mine. I'd rather sell it to him cheap than some tard that would ruin the car hah. I get more than 10 calls/texts from different people and there's only 1 guy who sounded very serious except there that money issue -_- "I need to sell my car first then I'll let you know". The rest of them? HISUP $1000 CASH NAO KBYE. Or asking 34254543543543 questions but never showed any actual interest with the car.

1981 Honda Accord (sold)