Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A new dd for while the accord is under the knife

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

A new dd for while the accord is under the knife

So as many of you know i got my hatch up and running just for a blown headgsket to creep up... while one broken part after another and a toy from mussleman came in the mail. it will not be drving anywhere for a while... come next tax seasson i will be build 2 new motors for the accord... one as a stock smog motor and another as a go fast turbo motor.

in the mean time i had to pick up a dd. and this is what i ended up with.

So i snagged up a 1994 Integra ls tonight

As for the Teg its Faded red with a few mods already done. need few things as well figured id try to get some pricing and such before i start buying off amazon and such...

4 things for sure i know it needs.

1st is a windshield, found a place local called speedy glass that has one installed at $200 with nation wide warranty and lifetime chip and scratch repair.

2nd is a front bumper found one on amazon for about $90 shipped Amazon.com: Evan-Fischer EVA17872015832 Bumper Cover Front Facial Plastic Primered With holes for air license plate round headlight and turn signal light: Automotive

3rd is a set of corner lights as one is missing. amazon again has them for about $40shipped Anzo USA 511020 Acura Integra Chrome Euro w/Amber Reflector Bumper Light Assembly - (Sold in Pairs) : Amazon.com : Automotive

4th A catalytic converter there about 180 shipped off rockauto

those are the must have to drive to work...

the things it does already have.
    full exhaust, headerse and muffler. not sure on brand but I know its there lol
    It has a short ram intake. and a few brand new parts on the motor like the distributor and a few sensors and parts on the intake mani.

suspension. its lowered on some springs i haven't looked for a brand yet and has drilled and slotted rotors all around.... new tires on what looks like some 14" honda hx wheels
    Short shifter as well.

Looks like 147k and some change.. Took it for smog today and it might have a gutted cat or a test pipe installed. But it would not pass as it stands.. We did a pre test at the smog shop. My buddys recommendation is a new cat so thats where i will start .. It runs smooth and idles well. I can fell it needs a transmission or motor mount but What 19 year old car doesn't lol

Last edited by ghettogeddy; 08-06-2013 at 10:35 PM.

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box

Re: A new dd for while the accord is under the knife

Sweet. Once you get the Accord built, are you going to give this one a cold, too?

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Sky View Post
    Sweet. Once you get the Accord built, are you going to give this one a cold, too?
    lol it will stay as a dd but i will put some cash into it
    Last edited by ghettogeddy; 08-06-2015 at 12:23 PM.

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

nice!! ... wanna trade acuras? mines smogged

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle

negative lol

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by ghettogeddy View Post
    he also told me but i have not confirmed that the running lights are not working, could this be due to the front side marker being missing?
    If not trouble shooting from what ive read is simple... fuse, bulb and the actual turn signal switch seem to be most offten the cuplerate...
    but could it not being there at all knock out all the lights... he says brake lights them selves work and so do headlights.. i wont be able to test this till tonight to be sure.
    turns out it was a fuse got them running again though.
    Got some idle time work done while waiting for parts. The sound system from my accord was transplanted last night.. Kenwood 555u deck, polk db 5.25 front and rear, infinity 300w mono block and infinity 1062w 10" in a slot port box. And yes it has an alarm.. But i will be putting in a new one very soon.
    Last edited by ghettogeddy; 08-16-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Vehicle

Small teaser update i was going to swap the wheels from the accord to the teg last night but i passed out at like 7pm. Woke up about 2am went out front just to get some air and saw that my pops swapped then for me.
    Here is another with some Better light..
    Got the Rad support pulled out tonight. Tied a rope to the support and tied the other end to my pops 87 Seville and just used brute force lol needs to come out about 1/8 of an inch but its good for now.
    couple pics to hold ya over

Last edited by ghettogeddy; 08-16-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Vehicle

some more update apparently because i posted out of order i have to change the text lol

Ive had the teg a week so its gonna change allot over the next few weeks

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4
    New windshield goes in tomorrow. And i ordered the cat today. Should be here friday or early next week. Will hopefully be legal on the road by the 31st.
    Picked up 6 cans of heritage satin red sp some paper and tape so i can start masking the car off while the windshield is being replaced. Gotta stop and get some 800 grit sand paper hope this comes out good so i can see bye bye to the random black panels lol

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4
    got most of it painted still have to do the A pilers roof and C pilers its GHETTO but then again so am i lol

ok ill be doing the roof and pillars tonight after it cools off a little its way to hot out. but we have to re tape the windows and sun roof off and hit it. here are some pics from a better camera. I will have some better angles tomorrow when i take it to the local meet.

This Started at Team-integra just wanted to post on both sites so the op will have a few of my post from there.

Vehicle

Vehicle

little mini meet with one of my crew members

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Oh dude, it looks SO much better. The black trunk was ugly as hell. I dunno why people do that shit on purpose.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy View Post
    Oh dude, it looks SO much better. The black trunk was ugly as hell. I dunno why people do that shit on purpose.
    car was stolen only thing they took was the rear hatch lol so the previous owner replaced it but it was white... black is better then white lol

Vehicle
    1988 Hatch LXI

Looks good gheddy! I think that b- series is rated at 130 hp. Not bad for a dd

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Cool cars. Why does the caster look way odd on the teggy? I thought it was the angle of the one pic but then there is another pic it looks the same, wheel pushed back into fender, is there something missing on the bumper cover?

Vehicle

not sure on the caster... bumper cover is fucked though.... it was in a front end passenger side collision not super bad but i had top pull the rad support about an 1 or more out.

and just got done swapping out the test pipe for a ca regulated catalytic noticed a improvement in low end torque and now i should pass smog lol .

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

You done a good ghetto makeover

Vehicle

dont i always lol

Vehicle

Teggy past smog today. All I changed was the test pipe out for a new catalytic converter.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord sedan B-series

Nice. Great looking car

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Looking good Geddy!
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle

slapped on some ebay door and sunroof visors they were cheap and will do till i can get some oem or close to oem ones

Vehicle

had an odd sound coming from the front end the last week or so figured it was axle or cv . but the sound wasn't a click more of a thump.... yesterday it got real bad.... like w/e it was had broke or came way loose. got home had my dad listen while i took it in front of the house he pops the hood looks at it cant tell, we jack it up and he plays around with the tire a bit and then notices it was really loose. and now missing a lug stud.. turns out 3 of the 4 were completely loose. including the one that is now missing. so i bought 16 new lug studs and ill be going at them in the next couple days....

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Yikes! You can lose a wheel that way and then you either spend a bunch of money or scrap the car. Glad you found it before that happened.
    Dr_Snooz

Vehicle

ya but now i have to pull the hub or notch the knuckle in a place so i can swap the front lug studs. im leaning towards notching so if it happens in the future i wont have to pull the hub again.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

A buddy of mine was driving down the freeway after getting his car out of the shop. He looked over to see a wheel bouncing down the road ahead of him before realizing that it was his wheel. By the time it was all over, what was left of his car sat in his garage for a few years before he finally scrapped it.

Just remember, if you hear a "cloppety, cloppety" noise while driving, check your lug nuts.

With regard to notching, it depends on the condition of your wheel bearings and ball joints. If they need to be replaced, then now is the time to do it. Pull the knuckle and replace it all at one go.
    Dr_Snooz