Thread: Tokicos, about to get swapped.

Banned

Tokicos, about to get swapped.

As you all know I swapped konis on the front for the front tokicos. After driving around for a good 3 weeks now, im to the point where I want to swap the rear tokicos. On a road that is far from smooth, my friends in the back get an ass kicking and ask why my car bounces so bad in the back but not the front. Over a speed bump, my konis take the lashing, the rear tokicos SLAM me back down to earth. It almost hurts on some speed bumps. On roads that are wavy, I still have the bucking bronco in the back but not in the front. I know its the rear tokicos......grrrrr!!!!

If your gonna slam it, DO NOT buy tokicos. Im running less then a 2 finger drop in the front and the konis like it. The tokicos in the rear however hate it!

Jim 'says' that you can use tokicos in the rear, but right now im not even coming close to recommending that. All konis or nothing, im getting fed up with the head bobbing over every big bump.

on tokicos

Nate.

Vehicle
    1986 Prelude 2.0si turbo - 1990 Integra moutain carver - 1993 Nissan 300ZXTT w/ more power than god
    Agreed.....buy Koni's if you can....I found this out way too late now, from driving a thousand miles a week.
    I am the wrath of the server you curse and the demon of the directory you cry about - making life hell for users, one deleted file at a time.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    Nate, how many miles do those rear tokico's have on them?
    All sturts, no matter who makes them, can and do wear out and fail. The question would be, if your's failed because they couldn't stand the stiffness, did they bottom out a few to many times or if normal wear and tear claimed them?

Nate a ? Do you have the weapon-R coilovers that come with those helper springs? Or do they have only 1 spring per body?
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

Banned
    1 spring per body. They might have worn out, one seems to be kind of black

Nate.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Hmm, they your weapon -R's aren't progressive springs, they are linear. The one's with the little helper springs are progressive. I'd think the progressive one's would be a bit easier on sturt's in general.

Do you have any idea of how many miles are on those struts?
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

Banned
    20,000? im not sure.

Nate.

Banned
    Is linear bad? They actually ride good with the konis installed. I wish I knew what a GC setup felt like so I could compare!

Nate.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by 89AccordNate
    Is linear bad? They actually ride good with the konis installed. I wish I knew what a GC setup felt like so I could compare!

Nate.
    The ground-controls are linear as well. No linear is not bad. Your car ride, feels good with the koni's cause you now have struts that don't let the springs do stupid things. Your sense's feel that, in a better ride and drive quality. Linear means that the springs are a consistant stiffness.They do not have the soft portion of the spring like progressive springs do. Linear springs should make you feel impacts a little more abruptly. But they should be more responsive cause their isn't that softer spring rate to work threw till the spring gets down to business. If someone wanted ride quality over everthing else I'd steer them away from a setup with linear springs and away from the stiffest springs in general.