Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: My 86 Prelude Thread

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Re: My 86 Prelude Thread

OMG I was hoping nobody would be able to tell hahah but I did get it replaced this morning. I had to settle with 4 used tires for now and I did not notice the bubble till late. Did not see them when I was inspecting the tires before they mounted them.

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Very nice! It would look good parked at my house

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

I think it looks good parked anywhere

Anyway finally got around fixing the rear ride height. I couldn't get the adjusters low enough as it was interfering with the stock lower spring perch.

Ew look at how much travel is wasted by that stupid top hat! I could gain at least 2" if not more if I move the mounts on top instead of sitting at the bottom. Too bad I can't just flip the hats as they're angled. I might fabricate something in the future.

Lower spring perch cut

Sleeve mounted

Done! You can see the angle I was talking about on the top hat here

Moved the adjusters down about 1/2" and got the car sitting even! Better pics tomorrow as it was getting dark. You can somewhat see what the paint really looks like in this pic

And no, I'm not touching the fronts. Its a good compromise between factory ridiculous 4x4 and not being too low that I can't drive it anywhere! They're staying this height.. forever lol.

Can't believe its the same car, 4 months ago

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    88coupe

Lol I saw that on my cell too. Idk why but I notice tire problems easy. But thats a crazy transformation man! You have a problem... and I love it

Quote Originally Posted by CAH View Post
    pullin up turbo spoolin fast lookin fly like a 3g like a 3g like a 3g

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LXi

What's the paint code that you ended up using? Its absolutely gorgeous!

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Its Sunburst Orange Pearl YR-589P. Still not sure why its called orange when it looks a lot like red to me

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

so much sax. needs more rax USDM

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle
    79 Accord hatch, 89 CR-X SiR, '74 Z360 h/top, '81 prelude, '65 S600

Beautiful new wheels. Always encouraging to be able to see where the money went.. Ride height looks great, you don't need it cripplingly low.
    Co-incidentally I got silly buying a 2nd hand set of similar (but probably worse quality) 'Civic' springs & adjustable/threaded mounts.. just need to figure out how & what they might be made to fit...

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Its sad because that money could be spent on getting a new engine but instead I wasted them on wheels lol. But yeah ride height is just where I want it. I had enough with riding too low. I think the wheels are too small for the car though. Or should I go with 195/55/15 tires instead? Currently they are 195/50/15 for rears and 185/55/15. Yes I have mismatching size but I'd rather running with narrower 185/55 than a bubbling 195/50 tire >< I bought the tires used and they doesn't have anything else matching in pairs. Yes I am that broke that I have to buy used tires

These 88-00 Civic coilover sleeve should fit a 1g Accord as well. I did the same as I did with the rears on my lude on the front Accord struts before but never installed them on my car so I don't know how well it worked. Measurement wise they're the same. I believe they share the same rear strut for both 1/2g Accord and 1/2g Ludes?

Random video of the exhaust: MVI 3109 - YouTube Is it bad that I'm growing to like the sound of it?

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    79 Accord hatch, 89 CR-X SiR, '74 Z360 h/top, '81 prelude, '65 S600

I had higher profile tyres on the back of my CR-X when I got it and really liked that look, & at the back it wouldn't affect speedo & gearing... Will be experiencing some 2nd hand tyres soon since I bought 2(!) sets of low profile 15" tyres from a garage sale down the road from an old guys boat trailer....(hope that goes well). So I'll finally be able to use the bargain Mugen RNR wheels I bought several years ago!.. Still not sure what on though..
    Glad to hear springs might fit Accord, I have some of the Old stock Koni inserts to use as well.. Have to see which struts are unhealthiest to cut up since I have some spares.. Had also found some old Toyota Sera (Starlet gullwing coupe) frt struts on a nature strip down the road I had considered experimenting with.
    Not sure how important it might be but my spring set didn't come with the upper platform some seem to. & surprised all 4 springs look the same.
    But I have to put '88 integra on road first & do something about Accords unhealthy engine & g/box.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Redrilled the UCA holes trying to correct that retarded amount of negative camber from 2"ish drop. Factory adjustment wasn't enough.

Added another 5mm of adjustment. Not sure how much that translates to degrees.

No more retarded negative camber! By retarded I mean excessive amount of negative camber. Must be more than 3 degrees because it literally looked like / \

Looks more like -1 to -2 degrees right now. I still need to get a proper alignment so it was just a rough estimate for now.

Pic sitting next to my Accord

I need a proper shoot. Except I'm lazy to do it alone. I need friends lol

Things that still needs to be fixed
    - New engine lol
    - Something carb/ignition related random misfire that I can't get rid of. hg related?
    - A/C leak somewhere around the compressor. Possibly more Expensive fix grr
    - Missing 3rd pedal (lol auto)
    - Exhaust leak
    - Interior needs some love
    - Stereo. Still debating if I should reuse my carPC setup from my Accord or stick with something conventional or go with an Android setup

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

Cars are looking good buddy! I'm pumped about the progression of your lude!!! and everything has gone so fast!

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

So much things to do, so little money Progress could be a lot faster if it wasn't for the cash grrr

Anyway keeping the same "I have no money but I still want to build car(s)" thing I had since my Accord, I've acquired these generic yellow fogs for free. They didn't come with any brackets so I had to fabricate them to mount them on the stock location. Made the brackets out of aluminum piece, shaped them and painted black.

Non Si bumper support, bracket bolted to the bumper support

Installed!

That bumper sag in the corner is pissing me off

I have the wires running to them in the bumpers from the fusebox when I painted the car but never hooked them to a switch so I'm gonna find something to use as a switch. I might just mod the cruise control button or something.

I also need a lip grrr

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

looks good tho with the fogs. i also need a lip

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

I swear this thing is cursed. I was trying to install an oil pressure gauge trying to monitor the engines health but I've been facing with all kind of troubles from day 1. Obviously my aftermarket gauge sender won't fit into the stock oil pressure light since it's 1/8 NPT. Ordered a brass T and misc fittings wanting to remote mount both senders on the firewall nope managed to break the T while tightening the fittings. No i did not over tighten and broke the threads. My wrench poked a hole on the T itself

So I said scratch that idea and bought a sandwich plate. Only to find the extender stud thing didn't sit flush so it's not 'sandwiching' the plate properly causing some leaks. I also found out that the sender works properly according to my DMM except my gauge doesn't even move from 0

Then managed to pull the stock oil filter threaded thing out from the housing with the extender still attached. Ruined the threads while trying to get the extender off.

Bought a jy oil filter housing no biggie. But all that work only to find the stupid gauge is dead!

Random pics since nobody reads that wall of texts up there. No pics of the sandwich plate installation tho

Ignore the missing 3rd pedal and silly looking gear shifter. Hate that shit

Also, this happened last week:

Blame the blown headgasket issue and running with contaminated oil and coolant for too long. The same reason why I'm having a rod knock right now too, which leads me to want to install an oil pressure gauge. Fucking hell it's all that tard fault for overheating this engine grrr

A/C was fixed. Old compressor was leaking from every single possible part and its way more economical to replace the whole unit. Along with some misc deteriorated rubber hoses. Wasn't cheap tho but fixing one things at a time.....

Some shit that still need to be fixed:

- engine
    - it's an automatic
    - random misfire that i can't get rid of - again, new engine should fix that lol
    - stupid alternator pulley alignment isn't 100% so it creates a bunch of belt dust under full load
    - I don't trust this thing to be reliable enough at highway speed. I felt like I'm going to throw a rod if I'm going over 3k rpm lol
    - it's an auto

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

I'll tell you this... the reason the belt alignment sucks is because the lower bracket (to block) for the alternator is misaligned. Honda used a should style bolt to help align the bracket (and give it strength maybe?) And/or dowel pins. Its the two 14mm bolts that go into the block l... at least worth a try

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    88coupe

I like them gauges. Sucks u did a bunch if a run around to find out the gage is busted tho. And what oil sandwich plate did you use? Im in the same boat with it being to short.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by hondalude86 View Post
    I'll tell you this... the reason the belt alignment sucks is because the lower bracket (to block) for the alternator is misaligned. Honda used a should style bolt to help align the bracket (and give it strength maybe?) And/or dowel pins. Its the two 14mm bolts that go into the block l... at least worth a try

I think mine has a lot to do with the alternator being made for a Nissan instead of the stock replacement haha! I think I need to realign the bottom bolt/bracket better but I noticed that I could spin my water pump pulley while I was trying to tighten the bolts which means the belt isn't tight enough even though I can barely push the belt for any deflection at all?! Tightened the belt a little bit more till I can't spin the water pump pulley anymore and bam no more smoking or dust in idle even with A/C, headlights and fogs turned on

Quote Originally Posted by Tdurr View Post
    I like them gauges. Sucks u did a bunch if a run around to find out the gage is busted tho. And what oil sandwich plate did you use? Im in the same boat with it being to short.
    Its ebay sandwich plate. Quality looks alright to me. I think it was just our engines have the oil filter stud being too long compared to other cars? I know a lot of people with ebay sandwich plates and they work just fine. No leaks even.

I noticed the extension stud thing bottoms out few mm before its sitting flush with the plate. Maybe I should cut the stock stud a little but I don't feel like taking the stud out again!

Also pic of the car lol
    Last edited by Hazwan; 01-16-2014 at 06:16 AM.

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    88coupe

I used a ebay one before and it screwd on just fine... I just want a longer screw to be happy

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

That is one very sexy lude... I will say that I don't like the spoiler...

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

you need a b20a and manual conversion for this.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by hondalude86 View Post
    That is one very sexy lude... I will say that I don't like the spoiler...

I didn't like it at first but its growing on me. Whoever removed the factory ducktail spoiler needs to be shot though!

Quote Originally Posted by AccordB20A View Post
    you need a b20a and manual conversion for this.
    I KNOW GRRRRR

Anyway I went out for PICS today woot!

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

So sexy!

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

i like! now come do mine

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Trade with 5 speed B20A and I will (Y)

Speaking of that I *might* be able to get a complete 3g Accord with B20A manual but I wasn't too sure about going with that route yet. Engine parts aren't that easy to come by here and I would hate having to wait weeks or months having shit to be ordered and crap. I don't know I still gotta decide that later......

Anyway if you guys remember my CB7 front lip attempt on the base bumper

It didn't fit the Si bumper because its too short. I finally got around extending the side of the lip and made the curve to fit better and here's the result:

Made the front end look 9000 times better!

Also snagged these Si window switches at the yard today, just because they look cool

Installed!

Ignore my shitty door panel. I have yet to find one in good condition(N)

Not a plug and play deal since BA chassis has different door harness connectors but I managed to made them fit by resoldering the AB window switch wires on this. Same wire colors and everything, just different connectors

I still need to find some power folding mirrors that would fit. I don't want the stock folding power adjustable ones as they don't have power folding function but that can wait

Total cost for both mods: $0.00

1981 Honda Accord (sold)