Thread: Turbo chagred B20B or A20A3

Vehicle
    N/A for the public eyes;)

Turbo chagred B20B or A20A3

Ok people ive got a couple of questions. First, which is better perofrmance wise, Supercharger or Turbocharger? Second, how hard would it be to turbocharge my A20A3 motor & would it be wroth it? Third, If i did the turbo on my A20 around how much hp & tourqe would I be looking at? Fourth, If I dont do the turbo on the A20, im going to do it on a B20B motor. I plan to have a Type R head on it, if I dropped a turbo on it what should it be coming from, The ITR or The CRV? Fifth, how hard would it be to Twincharge (Supercharge & Turbocharge) a B20B motor? Sixth, would me running dual exhaust pipes (take into mind I plan to do GReddy HKS Dragger mufflers/tips) cause me to lose any HP or tourque? Sorry for the long list of questions, but this is stuff that I really need to know. By the way, on the turbocharging the A20 subject. Justin have you ran your car on a Dyno & if so what did you run?
    Plans have changed....The car is gone & im on to a new project....Nissan Maxima & 240sx/S13 Silvia....But the modders of the 3rd Gens still have my props. Not to many other cars take tha drive to do like a 3rd Gen

Accord of the Year - 2006

If you plan on turboing the a20, the stock f.i. system has to go to see big power increases and keep it reliable.

Figure aroun 5 grand for a half decent setup plus whatever f.i . system you plan on using. Keep an eye on funsticks project and that might make it a little cheaper.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    All i can say either way you go its gonna be expensive if your going for a decent PSI. Many pros and cons for both in my opinion. For it to be done properly expect to spend over 5k. Some figures:

Fully built bottom end $3000
    Turbo Kit $2000-$3200 (depending if intercooled)
    Clutch $300
    Fuel Pump/ Bigger Injectors $???
    Engine Swap $2500minimum

This is just the beggining i have added up $10k to do a B16A Turbo properly to run a high boost. And Justin has a lot of $$$$ in his hatch for the A20. And he has experience with turbos so expect a lot of trouble if you plan on building your own kit for the A20A unless you know someone with experience with turbos.

Vehicle
    96 Civic (Turbo lsvtec) /87 accord lx/95 civic dx
    that guy we saw at the meet last week have a turbo 3g hatch a20a3 motor ...he said it was dyno'd at 325 hp
    Jay

Vehicle
    N/A for the public eyes;)
    Originally posted by Neuspeed87lx
    that guy we saw at the meet last week have a turbo 3g hatch a20a3 motor ...he said it was dyno'd at 325 hp
    wheres he at? whats his name?
    Plans have changed....The car is gone & im on to a new project....Nissan Maxima & 240sx/S13 Silvia....But the modders of the 3rd Gens still have my props. Not to many other cars take tha drive to do like a 3rd Gen

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    He also runs over 20Psi so you will definatly need your bottom end rebuilt. One of my issues with the A20 is i think it will be difficult to pass emmisions because for one the egr tube that goes to the manifold will be disconected.

Vehicle
    96 Civic (Turbo lsvtec) /87 accord lx/95 civic dx
    he was from new haven conn...we saw him run a 12 sec 1/4 mile...could have been faster..
    Jay