Thread: where to start.

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 honda

Post where to start.

i jhust bought an 89 honda acord lx in pretty good shape.and i was wondering where i should start on my fix up of it...

Vehicle
    '73 Datsun 240Z/'91 300ZXTT
    Depends on if it needs anything or if you are ready to start performance or appearance mods.
    KaMi's 1988 Honda Accord LX-I 5-Spd Hatch
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

Vehicle
    A moneypit!
    This has NOTHING to do with "ACCORD PICS"...
    The GSX was killed, I need something new...

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    Ok, I'm moving this to general.

I know your new, but you do want to pay attention and make sure the post you make deal's with the section your in.
    Welcome to the board, btw.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    88 lxi coupe
    Tune up

Vehicle
    1991 Supra Turbo W/ 12k Miles
    overhaul that shit... engine, tranny, carb... that's going to cost a lot though.. If you are looking to start some engine modifcations or apperence modifications then let us know and we'll list a bunch of stuff that you can do...
    ~Nathan~

"There's always something waiting at the end of the road. If you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place."
    ~StOcK PiCs~

Vehicle
    87 Accord EX , 5spd , Manual
    tune up >

change engine oil , filter , fuel filters , spark plugs , wires , air filter inspect cap , rotor , pcv valve .

MIKE
    3geez member since October 4th 2001

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 honda
    i am looking at mostly aperance..ideas

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments
    first thing's first... what color is it, and is it 2 or 4 dr.? I think that makes a diff. when ur looking at appearance upgrades.
    -Mark D.

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 honda
    tan 4 door.looking at doing it very soon

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments
    being that it's tan/gold, ur options are somewhat limited, however, a few inexpensive options would be to paint the moldings to match the body color. Although it's gold (not the best color in the world) it should make the car look a little better. Next, stop down at the local junk yard, and pick up a spoiler off either a 4th Gen accord, or a 2nd gen 'teg, paint it, and slap that baby on. Next, you might want to look at tints, lowering springs, and wheels. If you don't have a ton of $$ for wheels, just check out the market place for one of us selling 'em. Otherwise, hit up ebay for a set of civic steelies and hub caps (go with either the 15's or 14's) and your on ur way to a much better looking car at next to nothing.
    -Mark D.

LX User
    First step, browse this board for about 3 hours, find some accords that you like, and see thier mods, when you find what you like, try it yourself.
    Aka mugenaccord from the ole ole ole board
    Pheonix Red CA6 -- Sold
    Grey ED6 -- current project

Vehicle
    1991 Supra Turbo W/ 12k Miles
    I would really paint it ... even if its a cheap macco job the gold just doesnt work good on the accord.. no offence to some of you.. go with either white or a dark color like midnight blue like mine or black, any of the darker blues look good... go metalic and make sure you see how a lot of us have our cars painted because you will regreat not painting certian parts after awhile... paint the moldings and if you are going to get a spoiler (I have a 4th gen on thats not on yet) get it first then paint it with the moldings, bumpers, rear view mirror etc ...
    ~Nathan~

"There's always something waiting at the end of the road. If you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place."
    ~StOcK PiCs~

Vehicle
    For inexpensive pant, try a pro-3 job at earl sheib if there is one around you. I have seen one done and it looks really good. They are also cheaper than maaco unless you want the lowest grade job maaco offers (and you don't).
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

Vehicle
    Oh and also definitely get some good wheels, preferrably 7x17" with a 40mm offset. I suggest swap meets for this. Then get some drop springs from Sprint or Suspension Techniques (I like the S/T springs 'cause they are a bit stiffer than the sprints and also give you an extra 1/4" of travel so hopefully you don't kill your car on speedbumps.) These mods will probably be sufficient for appearance (provided you do get a spoiler BEFORE you have it painted). If you want more, however, you might try a body kit. Kaminari makes a decent one.

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    dont forget KONI shox...

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

Vehicle
    '93 Integra
    Originally posted by KaMiKaZeE
    Oh and also definitely get some good wheels, preferrably 7x17" with a 40mm offset. I suggest swap meets for this. Then get some drop springs from Sprint or Suspension Techniques (I like the S/T springs 'cause they are a bit stiffer than the sprints and also give you an extra 1/4" of travel so hopefully you don't kill your car on speedbumps.) These mods will probably be sufficient for appearance (provided you do get a spoiler BEFORE you have it painted). If you want more, however, you might try a body kit. Kaminari makes a decent one.

how much does a paint job like that cost? cuz i have tan 89 LX and its 100% stock right now... but i just ordered some hub caps for now lol cuz the back right hub cap is like broken in half... but yeah i think gold is ugly i wouldn't mind either white, black or a dark blue

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    black would be easiest and prolly cheaper. if you dont mind having a gold trunk inside or the door jambs. it will cover easier than white.
    id say if there is no body work involved or if you do it urself maybe 400 if you can find a small shop that wants business.

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback