Thread: Place Racing H22 mounts?

Vehicle
    N/A for the public eyes;)

Place Racing H22 mounts?

What ever happened to Place Racing making mount for a limited number of people? Just out of curiousity what would be needed to do an Accord SiR(H22) swap. Say if I had the motor, ecu, transmission? Regaurdless of what motor I get im going to be packing a Turbo, MaxRev does custom fabrications. (side note:they did a triple turbo supra) Im going to get them to do one of four setups(1.Turbo on the A20A3, 2.Turbo on the B20B/Type R VTEC, 3.Turbo on the B20A/VTEC{JDM Accord}, 4.Turbo on the H22(Accord SiR). In all which ever one puts out the most power. & yes I know either one is going to be a costly setup, but if the power is right then hey, im game.
    Plans have changed....The car is gone & im on to a new project....Nissan Maxima & 240sx/S13 Silvia....But the modders of the 3rd Gens still have my props. Not to many other cars take tha drive to do like a 3rd Gen

Vehicle
    1989 Accord DX ... 2001 Accord LX
    Read the thread at the top of this page.

H22a swap into our Accords = hella expensive, and no support...anywhere. PRI has done it, but it would cost several times the value of your car.
    Good bye to the 1989 DX Type R. Hello 2001 LX.

DX:

"Four wheels, four doors, and no frills."

Vehicle
    1986 Prelude 2.0si turbo - 1990 Integra moutain carver - 1993 Nissan 300ZXTT w/ more power than god
    Heh, a b16 swap in several times the price of many of our cars
    I am the wrath of the server you curse and the demon of the directory you cry about - making life hell for users, one deleted file at a time.

Vehicle
    1991 H23 powered Accord EX Wagon , Turbo 91 Honda CRX, and 96 Blazer LT
    a custom intake is more expensive than most of our cars.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?...1888#post91888

this is what marc talked about for the H22.

as its always given, if u really wana do it, it can be done. Nothing is impossible with the free mind. But it always comes down to expense and gain. Its not how easy it is, its how much it would cost and where it would push ur gain towards, in the positive or negative side. If u really wanna do it, go for it. I dont know anyone who have done it, but if u are the first one, u will have a special place on the board. BUt do know, it has to be all yours, since no one makes the mounts, u gotta custom fit em, make all the mounting brackets and welds and in some case, even make ur own backing plates.

Have fun man, if i had soooo much money and time and skill to machine and shit, hell i would do it.
    Last edited by smufguy; 11-15-2002 at 10:40 AM.

Vehicle
    If I dropped it in there would I have enough room to do either a supercharger or Turbo kit? Ive seen pics of a 3rd Gen with an H22 but nobody knows who owns it.
    Plans have changed....The car is gone & im on to a new project....Nissan Maxima & 240sx/S13 Silvia....But the modders of the 3rd Gens still have my props. Not to many other cars take tha drive to do like a 3rd Gen

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    Damn you have way to much going on, you need to stick to one plan. I was stuck between A20 Turbo, B20A Turbo, or B-series, but it would be more advantagous to do a B-series swap for me although it has a high initial cost for the mounts etc. And the H22 there is a pic on here that i sent to another member. I just helped my friend pick up his JDM H22 tonight and that thing is heavy 550lbs on the invoice and very big. My JDM A20A was not that heavy although it didnt have the tranny it still seems to be a heavy motor and it is very large. He has a 92 Prelude and his old 2.3 was pretty hard to get you hand by to work on so i could only imagine the accord engine bay....

Vehicle
    I think im just gonna stick with a Turbo charged B20/VTEC motor. Ive seen the dyno charts of one without a turbo & I was hella impressed. So thats my plan. Move to Fla, get the B20B/VTEC motor from LHT performance, build up the motor a little & turbocharge it. They have the experience to do my swap. Plus, im gonna see if they can do a cable to hydro conversion on a Type R tranny. Hows that sound, it sounds like a pipe dream, but from doing all my research it would be the best motor to suite my needs. Plus, im going to be packing power like no other.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    One of the advantages of a H22 is that its a 2.2L if i am not mistaken and the other B16 and B18 are what 1.6L or 1.8L? Thats one of the reason the drag civics use H22 set up. BUt they got money, they are pros, they can do what they want, they got sponsorhips. man........ i wish we all had that kinda talent. We would rule.

I would suggest that u KEEP you A20 and turbo ur A20. BUt the draw back being, Non-Vtech, SOHC and just 12Valves. This is why Turbo Justin holds a respectable place on this board.

Vehicle
    I can push more then 200 hp w/ just a VTEC B20B motor but im going to have a twist that I cant share

Vehicle
    a 93 z34 that's getting parted out, an 86 accord lx that now lives in a j/y, and a 90 camry le that the state no longer allows me to drive. soon to be replaced with an aprilia rs50 or a derbi gpr.
    231 to the wheels according to linkage in that other crvtec thread...
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    I keep seeing allot of talk about the crv B20 vtec conversions and thier rod length to stroke ratios (or something like that) preventing them from reaching the rev levels that they will need if further power is to be had from the motor beyond stock. Have you heard about this?

Accord of the Year - 2006

Originally posted by 89AccordGSR
    LHT performance,
    Are these people located in Orlando? You got a web adress or something.

Vehicle