Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gemini2003's Project Car Picture Post only Thread

Vehicle
    87 Accord LX, 88 Accord Ex-i, 88 accord LX, 02 Hyundi Accent, 1996 Dodge Ram, 1993 Dodge Stealth and a 1990 Jeep cherokee

Re: Gemini2003's Project Car Picture Post only Thread

New Headlights :-)

Plus new bulbs :-)

$54 CAD shipped :-)

Birthdays are good for you!! Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.

Vehicle
    87 Accord LX, 88 Accord Ex-i, 88 accord LX, 02 Hyundi Accent, 1996 Dodge Ram, 1993 Dodge Stealth and a 1990 Jeep cherokee

Hey I got My stiffening components in!

Everything seems well made... I'm not a welder but so far they look awesome!

Birthdays are good for you!! Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.

Vehicle

Here are a few motor pics...

First Cleaning:

ttyl

Vehicle

I have an update But Im saving it for tomorrow LOL

Here Is a random picture:

This is what you get if you bag each and every bolt from every Accord you've stripped!! I've got Three bags from each Accord lol

Think I'll find what I'm looking for?

Actually this kind of reminds me of something...

Now that people are getting to know me as an Accord guy I get calls from people in distress... I helped a buddy out with an extra starter I had :-) ... Oh and when I went to the Kelowna meet my car wasn't there but my old hood was on one Accord there and my old block was in another LOL

Vehicle

So I've learned the HOW-TO on Fibergless.... Man it's soo easy :-)

I took the last few days fixing a couple of key areas of rust.

I'm really really excited because now that I know how to fiberglass I can move on to projects that until a few days ago I didn't have the skill to do!

I've fixed the top of the wheel well on the pasenger side and I've fixed a big hole created by rust on the drivers side rear wheel well as well. Here are a couple of pictures of what I have been doing.

It's not finished yet I've got sanding and primering to do... The majority of what you see will be covered by the rear bumper so it's not important to me that it looks nice as long as it's fixed.

Top two are the driverside wheel well

Bottom two are the passenger side

Vehicle

Well I did a little more work today :-)

^^^ I need at least one more layer of fiberglass here :-|

Started to fix another problem area today aswell... I needed to sandblast the whole area because it was so rusty.... Gawd I love my sandblaster :-) I'm Acutally getting better at using it now ;-)

To Anyone looking to buy a sandblaster: DO IT... I have saved enough time on this one project to justify what I paid and I have just a small 5 gallon pressure pot!

Vehicle

More work :-) More layers of fiberglass as well I did some small primering all over the car ;-)

Vehicle

*EDIT* Now free of spelling errors! :-) *EDIT*

More Work :-)

This time I was able to finish sanding and primming the drivers side.

I also sprayed more sound dampening/undercoat spray all on the inside of the metal to reduce as much sound as possible :-) Great stuff to work with if your have nice gloves :-)

Oh after that I dropped the LX tank to put the EX-i tank in and notice a bit of a difference :-)

LX (above)

EX-i

Anyway that's how my day went :-)

Vehicle

nope.
    Last edited by Gemini2003; 11-10-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Vehicle

The above orange is not very close to what I want.

I'm wanting the make one of my interior accent colors to be the exact same color of the paint job. So think of a nice burnt metallic orange similer to below ( I want mine a little darker ) :

Vehicle

This is the closest I've found to the orange that my baby is going to be:

Vehicle

Here is what Mr.R just sent me :-)

Mr.R: Pic of Honda Ex Port Rough cut:

Vehicle

Cool I found a more realistic way of doign the white :-)

see:

Vehicle

More engine work... It's looking Awsome!

Vehicle

BIG UPDATE!!!

FIRST AND FORMOST THANK YOU DOUG!! Without our fellow 3geer's welding ability I would not have been able to get this step done. Thank you so much.

And now......

From this:

To this :-)

Door Sits nice!!

Thank you again Doug for your time and effort.

The next step for me is to grind down all the welds and start to correct body imperfections!

Vehicle

Update :-)

Here is a picture update on the motor work:

I'm about to sound dampen my trunk so it's completely stripped of wires etc. A few sprays of rust preventing primer and it's ready to go. Laying B-quiet Extreme as soon as possible.

Con't....

Vehicle

I thought I'd throw a couple pictures of the shop in here...

Oh and I bought a compressor :

Vehicle

SAweeeeeeet.

In progress

My first Sound dampening experience done:

It's way easier to work with then I thought. I can't wait to work on the rest of the body.

Vehicle

I got Motivated today :-)

Well.... I locked myself in my shop anyway..... lol

I Finished cleaning up surface rust and priming:

Then I dampend away:

Right Side

Middle

Leftside

Trunk Done!!!

:Edit (forgot something):

I would like to mention that working with B-Quiet Extreme is Excellent for a first time user. For Prep I washed the metal with soapy water. The instructions read that no heat gun is required and that applying the B-Quiet at or above room temperature is all that's needed (EASY!). I did just that :-D ... after the first hour of working with it you start to get a feel on the shapes and cuts that are needed for each section. As for cutting I didn't even use a good knife I just held a utility knife blade in my hand which worked fine for me. It's minus 20 Celsius here so if the B-Quiet was going to fall off due the cold it would have tonight (and still hasn't).

So overall B-Quiet Seems excellent coming from a first time user POV I can't wait to see how much quieter it will be in may car. I have 100 Sq ft and I intend on using every inch I can and doubling up in some areas.

Vehicle

Mini Update:

First things First:
    Quote Originally Posted by DDRaptor
    Question : That sound proofing stuff you used how hard was it to get the seats out and the get under the carpet to install it.

THanks.
    The seats are easy to get out. Pm me if you need directions. :-) One thing tho I haven't gotten to the seat yet but I can't see anything being difficult.

I did a little more :-) (Filled the Heater and got back from outta town lol )

Quote Originally Posted by speedpenguin
    hey when you pulled your carpet did you need a star-point screwdriver to take the trim off the doorsills? I had so much trouble with that. The seats weren't easy either. maybe it's because I had a hatch.
    No mine were the X screws :-)

Question: Has anyone heard of Accord Type S ? (our years) I've heard it's a hatchback....

*****MARCH 1 ST*****

Talked to Mr.R and that's when I'm getting the Motor! 32 Days :-)

Couple pics I've never posted:

I'll work more on my car this week... I hope

OH yeah I found my bill for the B-Quiet... Product+SHipping+Taxes=201.00 CAD = $2 a foot

Vehicle

A little more work.

I sanded and primed any areas that where rusty.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Tomisimo
    do you know how much waight do you gain on this stuff? B-Quiet... I bet this stuff is heawy. All thou NICE wark.
    Actually it's not bad.

B-Quiet Extreme weighs about 15 pounds for 50 sq ft

I assume I'll have about 45 pounds of sound dampening in my car at least :-)

CHECK THIS!!!!!!!

Vehicle

So I was thinking I'd show you guys quickly how I have the shop setup... I don't know if anyone will care but it wont hurt :-)

I heat the shop with my Tiger Torch... It goes through about $5 worth of propane every time I use it:

That thing blows hot air and I circulate it with my two fans... which are directed into mycar to heat the interior metal at the moment :-)

You can see below that it's really cramped when I have the shop devided in two by poly... It really keeps the heat in :-) Additionally it heats up faster :-)

These lights where a Great investment for $25... 500W each side :-P :-)

I was motivated tonight once again and did more work :-)

Notice anything diffrent? I did the left and right wheel well center beam and back dash Yepp yepp yepp!

Vehicle

:-)

More pics...

Frost plugs replaced :-)

:-)

I might add words here later.

Vehicle

Hello :-)

Here's a few shots of Mr.R's shop.

I'm sorry I don't know much about his sled... However he does check this thread if you have questions.

CHEERS :-)

I'll work on my car soon.