Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gemini2003's Project Car Picture Post only Thread

Vehicle
    87 Accord LX, 88 Accord Ex-i, 88 accord LX, 02 Hyundi Accent, 1996 Dodge Ram, 1993 Dodge Stealth and a 1990 Jeep cherokee

Re: Gemini2003's Project Car Picture Post only Thread

I bought my self a few presents !!!

I just bought SIX 6.5 inch round FOCAL 165CV1 6.5

Birthdays are good for you!! Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.

Vehicle
    87 Accord LX, 88 Accord Ex-i, 88 accord LX, 02 Hyundi Accent, 1996 Dodge Ram, 1993 Dodge Stealth and a 1990 Jeep cherokee

So I HAD to take everything and lay it out... I'm very close to a full system.

Everything

My Alpine head unit and JVC Dvd player.

Birthdays are good for you!! Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.

Vehicle

NEW TOY

*SEXY SEXY SEXY*

Vehicle

Picture Update.

Before and after :-)

BEFORE:

After:

BEFORE:

STOCK Sound dampening.

After:

(rear window at bottom)

B-Quiet Extreme .... what else can I say this stuff is great so far... CAN"T F*&^%$#@G Wait to hear it!

This is to show I've done the A B and C pillars as well.

Oh and I used a WHOLE can of that Spray sound dampening on the Inside of my unibody!

NEW TOY!!!! *Sexy*

(To Scale I(at 1440 x 900) just figured out !)

This just fell into my lap... $50!!!!! Great day for me... got 8 hours in on the car...

The way I look at it.. My employer is paying me to work on my car for the next two weeks!! (I'm on holidays now)

Thank you all for stopping by!

A Special Thank You to the customer service (Wade and Sarah) at B-Quiet You guys are Great!

Vehicle

Quick Secondary Update from Mr. R:

He says that the Pistons rings and bearings are all installed and clearanced ... THANK YOU Mr.R

Vehicle

Update:

I had a little brain storm session with my friends and came up with the idea of re-upholstering the A, B, C pillars and ceiling of my car... all in black vinal.

Here are some of the parts completed.

I'll Have the ceiling done tomorrow.

One rust spot I need to fix before laying sound dampening.

Vehicle

More pictures:

Before:

After:

After:

Vehicle

Update:

More sound dampening.

I picked up so many tools.... $100 for 6 Buckets of tools!!!

Vehicle

:-)

I'll add words tonight :-)

Before:

After:

A couple days ago:

A lot of work to go!!:

Vehicle

Thank You all once again for all your support! Until I get get my windows all the way up I'm FINALLY done the sound dampening... I don't even wanna count the hours I put into that.

Started bondo work tonight... (learning as I go) :-P

My concept for the interior is evolving as I go... I'm finding that I want to incorporate a bunch of little things that would be cool but would waste a lot of time.

25 Days 'Till I get my licence back.

Vehicle

Today I did some work on my front driver fender to learn how to bondo.

My friend and instructor Bob is doing the rear quarter panel. You can't even tell the quarter panel has been replaced!! As he is doing this I'm learning from him and working on the fender to learn how to use it better and mix it better.

Before:

First coat of bondo after sanding the area down:

Then Sanded:

Another coat of bondo:

And sanded with a layer of primer:

Vehicle

HUGE PICTURE UPDATE!!!

YAY I love Pictues!!! Now you get to see lots!!

THANK YOU Mr. R

MY Cam!

Mr. R:
    "This is what it looks like after valve job on my TCM 25 seat and guide machine, full floating bed and live pilot. The head came out perfect."

Here is just the head:

and sitting on the block:

Vehicle

OK!! Here we Go!

Update time :-) I've got quite a few pictures as always :-) And you keep dropping by so you mustn't mind :-P

Here's all the pictures I've got :-)

WARNING I've kept the resolution high for some of these (on the second post) so be prepared there big.

Our (Mr.R and I) clutches came in this week :-)

A list of do's and don'ts comes with a stage II+ clutch.

Rear shock comparison. Those H&R's are off an Integra from the junk yard. They where like new :-)

Looking Great!

Vehicle

Second Post

.... Mind boggling isn't it? The worst part is I've all ready taken half this much to the dump. I've gone through 3 accords in total in the last year and a bit.

In the top left you can see the Custom bars From Justin... I will be test fitting them shortly and then the plan is power coating.

Mr.R uses this $800 instrument for all his engine torques. He has three of these all similar. I will tell you that one of the most important things I've learned is the value of a good tool. I would never have spent $50 or $60 on a good wratchet a year ago.....

In the last few day's I've been concentrating on the body work aspect of things as I'm learning bondo I'm getting better... I have a big problem laying too much down still... oh well... for a break I went to suspension and threw in my right side suspension (front and rear)... I ran into a shitload of problems like you always do on old cars... The Upper Ball joint and tie rod end where rusted on and wouldn't budge (untill I bought Liquid Wrench) Additonally the rubber mount in the lower control arm was rusted together..... I had to cut the old strut by the wishbone and then buy a Porpane torch. The torch worked great to hea tthe old bolt and allow me to twist it out. I still end up having to replace my lower control arm as I have no way of removing the old bushing.

Vehicle

Shitty the Internet was down for a few days at my place! what's funny is that I work for the bloody company as tech support!! lol I'm ok with it I know shit happens ... anyway... I've got some news I tell ya!

First Thank you Greatdane for your advice had I read it sooner I may have taken it...now thinking about it I probably still could as right now both lower control arms are on the floor of the shop...

:::Rant::::

...the STUPID thing about working on our beloved cars is that some of the suspension hasn't been removed for almost 20 years and I have found out the hard way on many occasions that it weilds hours of unforeseen work and aggravation!! Case in point both lower control arms had the bushing rust to the bolt and now require new bushings...(which may or may not be as hard as I think to do myself)...While removing the lower control arm out of the car I BROKE the head of the bolt that holds it to the frame of the car...like give me a fu<kin break...

I managed ok with that problem by bending the bracket a little, sliding the control arm over a little, cut the bolt with a hack saw on the inside and after i got the control arm free I drenched what was left of the bolt several times with Liquid Wrench and was able to unscrew it with vice grips WHEW!

I spent some time putting my newly upholstered ceiling and passenger side trim!!! LOOKS AWSOME if I do say so myself!!

I admit I have flaws and I'm not afraid to show them...I am a first timer. I will fix all these issues one day by re doing the areas but not right now.

I also painted some of the other interior pieces... it's nice because if I don't like gloss black or something happens to the finish these are easy to replace or fix .

I picked up my Flywheel today as I had it lightened 3 pounds and resurfaced. I paid A bit more then I wanted as I wanted about 5 pounds off but they could only go 3 for me.

A little surface rust won't hurt anything. :-)

I did the Prelude adjustable upper control arms conversion to fix my camber issues :-) :-)

Left Prelude control arm converted to fit the Accord, Center Accord normal, Right Prelude normal.

I finished installing all my lowering suspension I believe My drop is 2 to 2.5 Inches I'm not sure because I grabbed the springs and shocks off a 91 Integra

More body work in the near future I just needed a break!

Vehicle

Hey all :-)

The motor is now done but it's not quite mine yet... as there is still a small shim that I need to pull from pick-n-pull today... I'm so busy!!! as soon as I run that to Summerland I have to go to Kamloops for the night and then off to Vancouver later tomorrow afternoon!

I'm LOVING my license back. I've put over 1000 Km on my beater since I got my license back on Friday.

Here is a couple shot of the motor done:

It says 0 KM!!!!!

Mr.R cleaned up the Flywheel for me :-) No more surface rust!

Looks Gooood :-)

I went to Pick-N-Pull yesterday and got my two lower control arms $42 :-)

-1 Lower Control arm.

+1 Lower control arm :-)

Here are Justin's Custom bars again but this time I also have a front strut tower brace (which took Several months to get here from 3gn86lxi I bought them in October of last year) which completes the Set of Stiffening components I have :-) WOOT!! THANK YOU JUSTIN AND RYAN!

I place fitted everything to see what it would look like :-)

I love the summer and roasting Z rated tires :-)

Vehicle

I sure did A lot of work today it feels like :-)

Today I finished installing the suspension so no more worring about that :-)

After compleating the suspension I moved on to the Brake rotors...the Cross Drilled brake rotors are much Bigger and the stock calipers don't work (too small) So I'll have to see if the legend or prelude calipers work better,.... DOES ANYONE KNOW OF BIGGER CALIPERS THAT BOLT TO OUR SETUPS?

YES YES MY ENGINE IS AT MY SHOP!!!

I finally took the blue pizza delivery bumper off... lol

I also stripped my engine bay:

Before (not the same engine bay just using as an example):

After:

I also washed the engine bay with easy off and soap with water... Lemon fresh!

It's shiney :-)

I spent almost 12 hours in the shop today.... wow...

tomorrow I have to go to pick -n pull to get an auto tranny for a friend of mine.... I'm getting good shouldn't take longer then 45 minutes or so.... of course i've done like 8 or 10 so far lol lol

Goodnight...

Vehicle

Because a good job starts at the bottom I wanted to paint my cross members.

Here is some progress pictures :-)

Before:

Sanded, Taped and ready for primer:

(forgot to take the pic before primering lol)

First coat Primer:

Vehicle

I finished Painting the cross members today :-) Turned out really well :-)

And this is before I've applied the clear coat :-) Now I can't wait to get the rest of the car done :-)

Vehicle

Vehicle

A little Picture Update:

Just a comparison.

Wow. That's clearence. (Less then the width of my pinky)

I have "PIA" suspension! lol (like PIAA :-D )

Here Is the LAST rust spot I need to fix on this car. Rust is a bad bad Cancer and it takes a lot of hard work to beat! Damn rust. Well it's going to pay off that's for sure.

After this shot I sanded the remaning rust off. Did I mention I hate rust?

Fiberglass Layer 1

Fiberglass Layer 2 (after sanding in between layers... Also it's still wet that's why its more see-thru)

Vehicle

10-4 :-)

One pic just because were talking abou them :-)

... I just realized I truly miss seeing them like that... It's gunna be GREAT reunion :-)

Vehicle

My car is finally on the ground again after that suspension fiasco... Let's see.. I wanted to put my lowering springs on and upgrade the rotors.... I ended up Replacing both Lower control arms because the bushings were toast... I also ended up replacing Spindles, Calipers and temporary rims because the drilled rotors are larger and required the 89 setup... not to mention the CV nuts I couldn't break with any tool in my shop and needed to take them to a garage to bust off with a 1000ft pound impact gun.... The end result is "PIA" suspension with Drilled rotors :-)

Look at how low it is!! :-) !! That's me standing next to it and the engine bay only comes halfway up my thigh :-D alltho With the 16" rims and the hood on It'll probably raise 2 or 3 inches from where it is now.

I spent a few hours sanding tonight and got more then two-thirds of my engine bay sanded

Looks pretty darn good I'd say :-) It's late... I've had a long long day and my bed is 4 and a half feet away... GOODNIGHT.

Vehicle

I spent a few hours sanding today I finished the engine bay's first sanding and got the hood ready for body filler...

... I went for a hike this morning...

I love this area :-)

Vehicle

Guess what?

More sanding yay! NOT! lol

It's been a while since I've seen her like this.