Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gemini2003's Project Car Picture Post only Thread

Vehicle
    87 Accord LX, 88 Accord Ex-i, 88 accord LX, 02 Hyundi Accent, 1996 Dodge Ram, 1993 Dodge Stealth and a 1990 Jeep cherokee

Re: Gemini2003's Project Car Picture Post only Thread

Picture Dump:

The roof is in GREAT shape no body fill needed.

Bodyfiller time:

Tonight I sand all these area's down and make them look happy again :-) (me too lol)

This is to show that the weld line is almost invisable :-)

Birthdays are good for you!! Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.

Vehicle
    87 Accord LX, 88 Accord Ex-i, 88 accord LX, 02 Hyundi Accent, 1996 Dodge Ram, 1993 Dodge Stealth and a 1990 Jeep cherokee

:-P

Right on.... my body lines are coming back!

The Hood is taking way longer then i thought it would.... oh well I want it to look perfect!!!

....It get's Dusty in the shop

Birthdays are good for you!! Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.

Vehicle

Guess What? I FINALLY got my steering wheel that's been on back order and back order...

But now.....

All the way from Italy ladies and gents...

MOMO Jet Steering wheel. SEXY.

That was the icing on the cake of an INCREDIBLE day for me :-).

Vehicle

OK FIRST OF ALL I'M SORRY.

My excuse is that I totally lost my drive for this project when:

A) I got my license back.
    B) Summer hit.

These two things combined are bad when you live in one of the most beautiful places in the world. The project is still happening it just got put on the back burner for a while.

To be honest I didn't even visit the site because I never wanted to be one of those guys that starts a thread and you never get to see the end of it. I am dedicated to this project and I WILL finish it.

BUT... Now I'm working on it again! :-) ... As a matter of fact tomorrow if my plans go smoothly I'll be painting the engine bay (after one more full sanding). If I get the bay painted by Sunday I can start putting in my new engine!

I thought I was picking a color no one has done before around here but today this car rolled into the wrecker:

Soooo.... I might pick it up and drive it as a beater... Would that be bad owning one and getting another painted a similar color??

Ok, this is it... from now on I hope to have some new things to add on here fairly often again.

Special Thanks to all of you who have checked this thread while I was gone.

Vehicle

Well here we are after the weekend and I didn't end up working on my project.

The whole weekend was spent dealing with the two cars I bought. The first is an 1986 Oldsmobile Firenza is a $40 wonder with a blown heater core. So I just looped the two hoses and I was good to go minus a heater. :-)

The second was this baby:

Below you can see the area that took a bunch of damage:

It looks like a tall truck hit the top of the door... the roof is caved a little so it'll need a lot of TLC.... I'm not putting much effort into this car as it's a winter beater and I only paid $500.

I bought all the paint and primer for the engine bay job... now that I have wheels again I'll be back near my shop a lot more often...

See you soon

Vehicle

Well I sanded my ass off tonight. I sanded for 4 hours with only two doobie breaks... Got the entire engine bay sanded down with 320 grit sandpaper.

It's finally ready for primer then paint!!

Before pictures of first sanding with 120 grit:
    Post 557
    Post 553

After pictures:

I'm going to primer and paint in the next few days.

Vehicle

All Taped up and ready to go:

First layer of primer FINALLY on:

Yeah...That felt good.

I'm definitely going for the clean look... I'll do what ever I can the reduce the ammount of visible wires and vacume hoses

Vehicle

I did one full second coat of primer lastnight.

It's ready for paint now!

I'm painting it tonight! (First coat anyway)

Vehicle

Hey Everyone!!!

Here is a quick pic of the Engine Bay Painted!!!

This is before clear coat which will be tonight :-)

Sorry about the fuzzy Pic I'll get better ones tonight :-)

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!

Vehicle

Here are the finished pictures!! :-)

I applied 2 good layers of Primer (2 cans), then 3 layers of the Metallic Burnt Orange spray paint (2 cans) and then used 1 and a half cans of clear.

I took lots of pictures:

I now need help... I need to figure out what to do next ... I think it's paint the brake lines black but I feel lost at what to do after that...

Vehicle

I painted my brake lines... they look hot.

BTW I used a standard short hair brush and did about 4 coats using spray can paint I sprayed into a lid... I would use model paint or nail polish next time for the brake lines.

Looks good tho:

Vehicle

Ok :-) A little update.

I'm starting to install things now... I've reinstalled my standard pedals and a few engine bay components.

I took a few before and after pictures.

I finished painting my brake lines:

Power steering reservoir:
    Clean

Charcoal Canister:
    Clean
    Last edited by Gemini2003; 11-14-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Vehicle

Headlight Motor Right and left:

Clean

Installed:

Headlight itself has also been installed left and right:

Master Cylinder:
    clean

Master cylinder has now been installed. I will have more progress pictures as I go along of course.

Vehicle

Hello once again! I did a little to my car and a lot of cleaning to my shop this weekend. Here is the little work I did....

Header Installed:

Intake Installed:

I know it's not much But it feels like progress. I'm struggling with what to install first, so basically I'll just install everything I can on the block first... Correct me if i'm wrong but I think all I can install is intake, header, tranny, fuel rail, wiring harness.

Anyway, more progress later.

Vehicle

Hey guys :-)

A little more progress! I installed the insulation stuff that goes on the inside of the firewall... the wiring harness(hope i got the right one)... the heatercore,blower and the middle thing as well:

We have a 89 SE-i in the junk yard... I took some pictures... does anyone need/want anything?

Vehicle

Hey All :-) Another update! (I get to do lots of these recently!)

I have pictures but I got a new cam and need to Grab the data cable. I'll update here later.

Yesterday I installed the Alternator, Power steering pump, each corresponding belt, Motor Engine Harness. I gave the motor a good clean as well.

At this point there is nothing left to install on the block!! (except Tranny).

I moved my car out of my shop for the first time in 8 months! Wow was that ever a circus! My shop isn't big enough to move the car around properly to I literally had to get it to the point that I couldn't move it anymore then used a floor jack to shimmy the ass-end sideways like three times... it took like an hour lol

BEFORE:

I did the 'ol spring clean in the shop today.. again... it's amazing how many duplicates (and triplicates) of parts i have lol.

AFTER!!

I also took an air hose and wet cloth to my car to get the 8 months of body work dust out of it... that also took more then an hour.

So now it's on to the final touches in the engine bay, getting my fuse box and the motor mounts installed etc. I have the wiring harness strung and mostly connected as well.

And one just because I felt like it:

Vehicle

Hey all :-)

I keep finding that everything I put together needs one part I can't find so I end up going to the junkyard almost daily.. oh well...

I got shift linkage from the junker today as I was missing it lol... I installed my short shifter today :-) Here's some before and after:

Before:

After:

I'll need to adjust it once everything is installed.... I ran into an issue with my tranny today... the spring that holds the throw-out bearing is broken so i'll need to pull a tranny at the junkyard just for that one small piece. I also need to re-install my Gas tank... I found out I'm missing the straps that hold it so again it's a trip to the junkyard.... I also found out that I was a dumb ass and cut my fuel lines coming off the tank, at least it's easy to get new ones when I drop the tank tomorrow.

Vehicle

Hey I'm home quickly and i wanted to drop "a before i started anything picture" here it is:

Vehicle

I got the shift linkage bushings switched over today.... A long long time ago I bought them.... Post 194 I think ...

As per the norm here is the before and after.... I couldn't find these anwhere on the internet again...

Before:

After:

I got other work done too but mainly it was getting odds and ends from the junk yard, such as the throw out bearing spring, the straps to hold the gas tank (which suck) and the gas lines off the tank.

I can now mount the tranny to the engine! Once that's complete there will be nothing left to put on (i think) :-)

I'm getting closer............

Vehicle

More Progress!

Tranny on :-) Starter on :-)

Justin86's bar's installed (not all of them just the lower set) :-) I also installed all three motor mounts and the shift linkage:

more progress later :-) I might drop in the motor in tonight if i get ambitious :-)

Vehicle

Going Going Going....

YES YES YES!

It went in like butter! Lots of room all around the motor... I know the valve cover sucks I have a new one just havn't installed it yet. I THINK I can get this started tomorrow!!!!!

Vehicle

lol yeah I was in a hurry because I was so excited about actually having the engine in...and now i'm too lazy to fix it lol.. I worked all day today from like 830 am to now 10 pm on that fricken car .... I am going ahead as planned Tomorrow April 5th I will attempt to start my car.... I am SO crossing my fingers... Interestingly I learned that we can run our own fuel lines where ever we want I bought a 25 ft length of high pressure fuel injection hose (pricey) but now I get to relocate my filter to the tank :-) (like carbed cars) ... anyway this is how it's sitting now:

I had to take off the header as there is a small hole that needs some welding.

Vehicle

Quick Pic:

I'm Almost done!

Vehicle

I'm just posting a pic of the new valve cover and finished engine bay :-)

I'll try a couple things to the accord tomorrow I really needed a day off from it.

Vehicle

I actually had one but it got stolen out of my shop :-( I have suspicions as always but no proof *sigh* So I am using this cheesy Weapon R filter and a piece of aluminum that I had in my shop... I will be buying a new cold air intake and will be routing it down thru where the battery is now. The battery will be relocated to the trunk in the near future.

I checked the main relay, replaced it and now I have power to the pump and ECU when I turn on the car, ECU is now flashing 13 red flashes indicating: BARO Sensor (Atmospheric Pressure) defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor. It's missing lol (as this happens to little sensors over a year). I looked in the Hanes manual and it's supposed to be in the trunk... the thing is I looked in the trunk and couldn't find it in my working accord... but I'm not surprised it's a different model. I will be going to the junk yard first thing in the morning.

*Edit - I just looked in the online manual (SHOP MANUAL - HONDA ACCORD AERODECK 1986-1989) it says it's behind the glovebox... I'll take look tomorrow*

On that note if anyone knows if it's not in the trunk please let me know.

All in all the mistakes I've had to fix are due to inexperience and next time I will be sure to do things a little differently to avoid this same issue.

Justin86, Your rear strut tower brace didn't work quite right... I made it fit, We will see if it effects my alignment... (no offense or anything I know things aren't always perfect)