Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gemini2003's Project Car Picture Post only Thread

Vehicle
    87 Accord LX, 88 Accord Ex-i, 88 accord LX, 02 Hyundi Accent, 1996 Dodge Ram, 1993 Dodge Stealth and a 1990 Jeep cherokee

Gemini2003's Project Car Picture Post only Thread

Hey all,

Wanted, needed a place to post project related picture posts only :-)

Birthdays are good for you!! Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.

Vehicle
    87 Accord LX, 88 Accord Ex-i, 88 accord LX, 02 Hyundi Accent, 1996 Dodge Ram, 1993 Dodge Stealth and a 1990 Jeep cherokee

Re: Gemini2003's Project Car Picture Post only Thread

Well here we go!!

I have lots and lots of pics, here are a few of the main progress of tear down. If you want I have all the pictures here in high res.

I've decided not to post pics of the donor car as it's really quite sad seeing a 3gee like that. (didn't even put wheels on it to get it on the flat bed we kinda just dragged it with a few guys)

Left side of the car:

Removed: Front left door, Rear left passenger door, Left fender and Gas door

Right Side:

Removed: Front Right door, Rear right door and Right fender

Center:

Removed: Hood and Antenna ( I know it's not gone in the pic )

Picture of the Gauges

The gauges are reverse glow and the odometer reads 366154.3 KM

Removal of the front Seats and dash:

[IMG]hhttp://geminiwebhosting.ca/images2/PIC_0113.jpg[/IMG]

Removed: Front seats, Alpine Stereo, Dash and Heater blower. ( pictures where not taken in order so the front windows has also been removed in this pic.)

Back seat out:

Front window removed:

Rear Window Removed:

(back dash also removed)

At this point All interior trim has been removed except for carpet (which is a fricken bugger by the way)

con't
    Last edited by Gemini2003; 11-10-2013 at 03:54 PM.

Birthdays are good for you!! Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.

Vehicle

So now we have two accords worth of parts in the shop space is becoming a huge issue...

This looks Challenging lol

We spread it out to pick what we needed to keep and what to throw away:

Anyone need ANYTHING accord? lol

After creative ummm stuff hiding in our shop where where left with a few heater components and the wiring harness

We ended up putting it all in the rafter area lol

This is what's left:

Here we have the two accords:

My baby sitting naked in -5 C weather :-(

And that's it for interior removal for now!!

Any questions?

Next: Engine and Wiring harness removal slated for the upcoming week or so depending on my work schedule.

Vehicle

Whoo hoo!!!!! BIG BIG BIG news!!!!

First the small news! I pulled the engine today! yep it's sitting on the floor i'll have pics in the next couple of days.

BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG NEWS!!

I JUST scored $2800 worth of Alpine Sterio equipment!!! For a killer deal.

Check this:

2000 Watts peak 1000 watts RMS @ 2 OHM

and TWO of these

15" Dual voice coil 1500 watts peak 500 watts RMS @ 2-ohm

And this Nice 100 watt RMS x 4 @ 2 ohm

So this now means I get to make a full custom fiberglass ported trunk box :-) This box will also incorporate both amps.

BTW anyone who doesn't know car audio this is a fricken sweet score!

-mm

Vehicle

Here are the pics of my new sound equipment:

And just so you can see a size comparison I put a Canadian beer bottle in the Pic...

Engine bay -1 Engine!

I try to be organized so I made 3 bags of bolts per car. Each bag is Titled "Dash" "Interior" "Engine/Engine Bay"

All labeled of course:

Like I said I'm trigger happy! but you know what? Seeing my own step by step progress here keeps me totally motivated :-)

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR POSITIVE COMMENTS!!!

Vehicle

So I have all my pics now :-) Here is what I'm up against:

So yeah you could say I have my work cut out for me (lol) It's actually better then it looks in these pictures.

From the donor car I have already removed the panels and sections required to do 90% of the rust repair on this car :-)

Vehicle

So here we go :-) I have some progress to report... First I have to say my pictures where spread between 2 digital camera's and one of the cameras is blurry...

So I got My car all pressure washed and cleaned up before starting on the body work I have to say it looked pretty good and the fact I didn't have to wash my hands every time I touched something works for me too!

I decided to take my roof off the car first only because I bought a new drill and wanted to use it :-)

Also I've decided to pull the outer skin of my roof off and leave everything else. My idea with this is that the replacement roof will fit perfectly instead of fighting with cutting the support pillars.

Here is a quick pic of the roof seam before I got started:

Then I drilled out all the spot welds:

After drilling out the spot welds I pried the metal apart using a hammer and a strong flat head screw driver:

Sorry that it's blurry.... I'm not worrying about the metal of the roof as it's going to the dump and the sunroof is getting put on ;-) (W00t!)

Another of the work on the seam (back window)

Now once I had the seam apart there is a tar like substance holding the cross braces to the roof. I left the braces but after inspecting the other roof I've decided to remove those as well.

SORRY AGAIN that these are blurry!! I'll take better ones soon! This will give you the idea though!

So that's where she sits :-) I have more images of the bad rust areas etc but for now she sit's with a HUGE sunroof lol looks cool eh?

Vehicle

Pic update!!!

Work that I did last week:

My engine bay ready to go!

And what I did on Sunday!

Here is the roof situation I'm in!

The outlined area below will be cut out(on the drivers side). The circled area is being repaired:

Vehicle

Well I really really wanted pics for this update however due continuing digital camera issues I'm unable to do so.... I'll have them soon :-)

So I took a week break off my car by that I mean I was working all the times I could have been working on this project.

So on Saturday I sanded and primed the: Roof, the whole right side of the car and three out of 4 doors!!

See look :-)

Leaves me with 3 or 4 more things to do (for the exterior) and then I can start to sand and primer the interior!! I'll have more pics a little later :-)

Vehicle

Well I was really bored at work today and so I decided to try and copy a picture I drew of my car...

ANYONE who has used windows paint program to try and fab a CGI body kit you have my respect... It's facking hard!!!

I know a couple of the angles are wrong (Front bumper sucks I know I didn't care about the lights) but this is basically the idea for my car when I'm done. It's of course going to have a brand new paint job... ** Graphite Metallic :-) **

oh yeah if this pic sucks give me a break I was using MS Paint!!!

So? What do you think? I'm actually going to scan my drawing eventually but this gives you the idea.... Any comments or suggestions??? (GOOD OR BAD)

I'm toying with the idea of making the fender flairs a little biggier and incorporating a flair all along the bottom of the kit and fender wells....

Vehicle

Hey everyone! I went hard this weekend ;-)

Sanded and primered all exterior body panels! See Look!

My Spoiler :-)

Yeah yeah thoes two horrible rust spots are getting replaced as well :-)

Vehicle

Well it's funny you mention seeing results. My friend took some pics for me like 2 weeks ago and STILL hasn't sent them to me... I've gotten some more pics now and here they are!

The following is how my first car is now.

I am kinda depressed spending so much time on this one and now swapping it but I really want a good unibody to start with. My goal here was to learn and I have learnt a ton working on my baby... alas her time is done and will be going to the scrap yard.

Sorry about the blurrrrry pics but you get the idea...

All the metal replacement patches have been cut and fitted.

Also the edges have been sandblasted.

And there she is... I'm sad to say but her cancer problem was terminal. There was alot of rust areas that where going to be a problem in the future anyway. It's not a total loss... I'm keeping the right fender, left fender, hood, roof and trunk... oh and the doors too....

Vehicle

Here are some pictures of my new car :-) You'll notice a small rust area on the rear driverside wheel well but other then that it's clean... I've even looked under the carpets :-D

It's an LX with over 400000 KM. It also came with a fancy stock Honda equilizer :-) (never gunna use it)

The seats are allready at the dump. Various other things have been stripped allready. I probably wont spend much time on it till the weekend again...

Vehicle

First I'd like to give a little update and then I'll talk about the vandalism.

Not really anything special here except I have all the body panels and doors swapped over.... I'm saving a crap load time by having all those pre-sanded and primed parts :-P :-P

Everything lines up perfectly! This car is amazing... When I was taking the bumper skrews out they where like butter... no rust at all! Even in the engine bay where my car was rusting this car is clean :-) I'm very happy!

My friend Skotty suprised the heck out of me and dropped of a couple of presents! I now have a pair of 1991 Prelude Si seats GREAT condition. The foam feels extremely new!. There is some sun damage on the right shoulder of the driver seat but that's it :-)

Below is the little bit of sun damage:

OK so here it is...

My friend actually called me in the morning and told me it happened. I got there and saw that he over exaggerated about it. The cart didn't go through my window but it still put a hole... here are the pics:

The weapon of choice on the right.

It WAS a perfect window. I'm actually not as mad as I should be... I'm just starting to get used to stupid crap happening. I'm really not that bad off I mean I have extra windshields from the previous parts cars and thanx to me learning how to take them out it's not really a lot of work.

Vehicle

Hello all

I have been very busy lately but at least I got the rusty panel cut out I really wish this was more significant... but here you go :-)

Well here is the new panel and bad rust spot:
    [IMGhttp://geminiwebhosting.ca/images2/DSC003162.JPG[/IMG]

Above in the circle you can see the rust and after cutting out the panel I found bondo all the way above the line!! Why would you put that much bondo on when you didn't have to?? oh well I guess it's a 15 yo car...

the couple cuts I made...

What I'm left with:

I don't know how much you can tell from this photo but I have a little rust issue on the main body of the car (under what I cut out) as well... I was lucky and grabbed the metal I needed when I was at the junkyard.

This cut out section is not done... I still need to trim it down so the cuts are straighter and I still have to clean the seam in the door frame... then like last time I'll fit the new metal in and get ready to weld it :-)

l8er.

Vehicle

Hey, Quick update...
    I cut out all the rust:

Then I cleaned it up by sandblasting :-)

**Edit: I've updated this picture to a clearer one.**
    Kinda test fitted the new panel in :-)

Thanx :P

Vehicle

Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap

Thank you for the short shifter 3gn86lxi !!

Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap Bubble Wrap

Ps... Did you really need that much bubble wrap???

Vehicle

July 11th update:

Look at these baby's!!!!

I have good friends :-)

So My buddy calls me up and was like don't I owe you $30? and I was like yeah of course you do lol ... and here is my payment :-) A perfectly MINT set of Black Prelude Si Seats

I don't know if you can tell but this panel is pretty much ready needs a few spots of love but then it should fit perfectly... I don't know if you can tell but it's only being held by a single clamp...

My new phone takes good pictures hey?

Vehicle

I found the burnt orange I want :-)

This will look so damn hot on a 3gee

Very similer:

That's all I had to say.....

Vehicle

It's all good :-) I'm sure I'm going to love it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ddude2uc
    What kind of time frame you think you might have the car done & ready for that paint?
    I'm not sure really... My time on this project depends on how much time I can get in at the shop... and depending on the things in my life it isn't always a priority so the time frame I'd guess to be going on my past rate.... sanded and primered in 30 days... (I Hope!)

I just got the Spray Sound dampening in aswell... 4 Cans and they are pretty heavy cans too!

Vehicle

Oh...

I'm Selling two 12" Rockford Fosgate HX2 Power series subs.

They are a bit dusty but they are being looked after properly and are in perfect working condition.

Model RFD2212

Dual 4 ohm Voice coil
    RMS Power: 500W
    Peak Power Handling: 1000W

They Pound. I had my Tsunami DB1800T amp feeding only about 300 watts RMS to each sub and they still Rocked!

Sorry the pics are a little fuzzy

About the Box:

I built this box for an accord . It has been built the exact air space specs for these subs and will fit right into your trunk with no modifications and fit snuggly.

It has no padding inside or baffels... it is a Sealed box Made to Exact specs with 3/4 inch MDF. It has been siliconed and skrewed every inch and a half or so.. (Pictures below)

Airspace
    (Including calculating for woofer displacement)
    1.25 cu ft per sub...
    A total of 2.5 cu ft of airpace.

$200 for just the subs $250 with the box + shipping

:::::MORE PICS::::::

Vehicle

Vehicle

Sorry for the long time no update. I'm not working on it as fast as I would have liked too... Oh well I know it will be done by march when I get my license back :-(

Any ways I've bought a few toys recently....

Two things are still in the mail and I'll have pics of them as soon as I receive them :-)

Here are two toys I have just received.

I bought these from 3gn86lxi

(2 pieces) Polyurethane Shift Bushings

From Summit Racing I found them IN THIS THREAD (link)

I should have a couple more things in the next couple weeks. I've applied some sound dampening to my car as well to see how the rubberized undercoating works... Sprays really nice :-) I'll find out how much quieter it will be in march :-)

Vehicle

I did some sound deadening work on my back dash. I know It's not a source of much sound or vibration but I have lots of spray sound deadener so I'm putting it on anything that I can't lay B-Quiet Extreme on :-)

It's all black now :-)

Vehicle

Hey Everyone!

I thought I'd throw down a few pictures as I haven't had anything else huge to report recently.

BUT First... This accord only drives around to haunt me lol:

The reason why I posted this pic is because I have been meaning to show everyone what NOT to do with their Accord... This guy has a half primer half burgundy Accord with stick on hood scoops etc... It looks just horrible to do that to one of our cars. I see this Accord around like once a week and can NEVER snap a pic of it until today when I saw it in traffic once again... One day I'll get a better pic of it!

I actually got to see my motor today! The gent that has it did me a huge favor today and came down to Westbank picked me up and took me up to his shop which is about 30-40 min drive :-) :-)

While I was there I learned a shitload of info that I needed to make an educated decision on what will be happening to the build. Any question I had Mr.R had a wealth of info for me and was a real eye opener to what can be done if you have the experience and skill that he does.

While I was there looking at all the guts of my motor I snapped a few pictures... Basically these are the before shots of the build and of course you know me more will be coming as soon as the motor is ready to be assembled.

Here are the pics I snapped today.. Nothing spectacular to a mechanic but to me they are very cool!!! Here they are:

I am so excited to see this all happening and for Mr.R to be able to show me hands on makes it even greater!

Thanks again!