Thread: what amp??

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 accord LX-i,88 RX-7 Turbo II

what amp??

i just picked up 4 10 inch MTX 3000's and a box for my lexus and i was wonderin if anyone could throw some ideas about what size amp i should use to push them? i was thinkin about gettin a 1200 watt.... but now im thinkin i might just get 2 like 400 watt amps..... i dont really know what to get tho... so if anyone can help me out here... id be much appriciated
    88 RX-7 Turbo II...a few things
    89 Accord LX-i: too much to list
    See them both here: http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=339969

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    what is the power handling on those? RMS power if you can please.
    a nice amp that will hold 1000Watts at 2ohms stable will cost you at least $500-700.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    93 Prelude Si..shaved and bagged - 96 S10 bagged and bodydropped, 99 Suburban dropped 5/7 on 22s
    Looks at sig
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    V

Vehicle
    1991 Supra Turbo W/ 12k Miles
    BUY HIS SHIT!!!!!! YOU WONT REGRET IT!!!!!
    ~Nathan~

"There's always something waiting at the end of the road. If you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place."
    ~StOcK PiCs~

LX User
    Vehicle
    damn you want me to rock the twinkies on my lex?? alright ill take them! I WISH....... some day ill have my honda all done and have 20's on my lex too..... thats my dream, but yea so those are good amps huh?? maybe in a few weeks when i have some money ill let you know
    See them both here: http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=339969

Vehicle
    93 Prelude Si..shaved and bagged - 96 S10 bagged and bodydropped, 99 Suburban dropped 5/7 on 22s
    I didn't even think about the wheels for your Lex. They will fit that car perfectly. I tried them on a friend of mine's slammed 91 LS400 and they tucked way up in the wheelwells with no rubbing.

Here's a pic of the amps.

The wheels
    [side caddy]

LX User
    Vehicle
    damn thats sick man...them rims are so bad....wish i had the money for those!! like i said tho...in a few weeks ill see whats up with those amps.....

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    yeah audiobhan makes some serious stuff that is excellent in quality, but u gotta pay that kinda money. U wanna pay cheap, well u end up with a piece of shit that speaks for its shittiness. What peardrop has are some really low prices for the performance, even buying it from him will be an awsome shit. but trading is even more better. But either way, u will be ending up with an excellent quality.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    88 LX Action
    jbl bp1200.1 (1,200 watt mono block amp) can be had for under 300 bucks. not crap brand either.
    real 3geez http://www.3g-generation.com

i sold the honda. now working on a car with little bit more potential, an 88 supra. i still stop by occasionally.