Thread: Upcoming Springtime Fun!

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LXi(Rebuilt)

Upcoming Springtime Fun!

Well, I've got a few projects on the back-burner ATM, as it tends to stay around the low 40's to high 30's Fahrenheit in Alabama. Springtime is approaching and I have several goals to be completed by the end of Spring and others by the end of Summer. A few of you know, Within the week, i should be a dad of one of our future members so progress may go slower than i thought previously. Here are a few things:

To be finished by the end of spring:

-Front Lower Control Arm Bushings
    Part Number: 8210
    Manufacturer: Prothane
    (I have new bushings installed that aren't but a few months old. At the time of ordering though, i was not aware Prothane made these bushings. I got rubber stock ones from rockauto.com for $1.50 each. These would be better off poly)

-Rear Lower Control Arm Bushings
    Part Number: 8312
    (I have new bushings installed that aren't but a few months old. At the time of ordering though, i was not aware Prothane made these bushings. I got rubber stock ones from rockauto.com for $3.50 each. These would be better off poly)

-Front Shock Mount Bushings
    Part Number: 8907
    (I have new bushings installed that aren't but a few months old. At the time of ordering though, i was not aware Prothane made these bushings. I got rubber stock ones from rockauto.com for $5.94 each. These would be better off poly)

-Transmission Gear Selector Bushings-These will have to be made, obviously. I have so much slop in the shift knob/arm. I was thinking of just ordering a poly rod the right ID of the arm on the transmission and just drilling out a center hole and cutting to size. I'll take pictures if this is what happens.

By the end of summer i plan on having this car swapped to OBD1 and tuned via crome(Buddy has the paid version with everything unlocked). Still got alot of reading up to do on that part though...and i'd much prefer to find a runnable .bin file already made for it's first flash, then tune everything from there. I'm sure there's a large learning curve there though.

Gotta attain this though first:

Xenocron Tuning: Chipped OBD1 Non-VTEC Honda ECU. #[Non-V-Ecu] <---OBD1 chipped ECU

Xenocron Tuning: ECU Conversion Harness - OBD0 to OBD1 #[OBD0-1harnes] <---OBD0 to OBD1 conversion harness

Xenocron Tuning: Fuel Management and DIY Tuning Resource Center for Honda and Acura Performance - Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, Crome, TurboEdit, Uberdata <---OBD1 TD41U dizzy(May already have found one good/used for $40)

Xenocron Tuning Solutions: Wideband O2 Air/Fuel UEGO Gauge Kit <--- AEM wideband AFR gauge

And we'll see where it goes from there.
    Shaggy
    FF II/ETC I

"What's my age again? What's my age again?"

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Re: Upcoming Springtime Fun!

Cool stuff! Keep us posted on your progress and congrats on the new arrival.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    88coupe

U mean shifter bushings? There is a part number floating around for them. Ill I'll post it up tomorrow.
    But good deal. How are u going to mount the dizzy?

Quote Originally Posted by CAH View Post
    pullin up turbo spoolin fast lookin fly like a 3g like a 3g like a 3g

Vehicle
    08 tsx,89 sei coupe, 88 lxi sedan

that would be da shifter bushings, have them in my car with a dual bend. and steve i have priced out all of the suspension bushings and you can get just about everything off ebay.

energy suspension.
    shift linkage 16-1101