Thread: supercharged b16a

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 honda accord lx

supercharged b16a

yeah i was wondering if the vortech supercharger for the b16 a would fit in our engine bay if i do the whole placeracing swap when i get my coupe converted to efi and a b16a . i was also wondering if i should lower the compression and put turbo pistons and such or leave it stock compression
    the block is going to get a resleeve andmaybe bored over, with arias pistons and crower rods ,the head is getting a port and polish and a 3 degree valve job with crower cams and valve springs. do u think this would be a good supercharger engine setup if it fits?leave me some info:pimp:
    1986 honda accord lx sedan
    new 2.25'' from headers back with magnaflow street series muffler
    aiwa cd player ,POlk ex 6.5 componet system, pioneer 6.5 rear speakers, 2 pioneer 10'' impp subs, pioneer 200 watt 2 channel amp. carb intake in progress, get my 88 coupe in september and am planning on efi swap and a b16a with maybe a supercharger and 17'' wheels and a few other things. talk to me on aol :carbed86lx.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    You need to change the fuel pump and the tank, I think... but you don't need to do ans EFI swap since the B16 is EFI
    Last edited by A20A1; 05-15-2002 at 04:54 PM.
    - llia

Vehicle
    89 Accord Lx-i Coupe
    I think you need to change the in-tank fuel pump and the wire harness to the Lx-i harness for EFI, or buy the modified harness from PRI.

I was considering the same vortech s/c setup, and I belive it fits. Its shaft driven and sits on the passenger side of the bay. The battery may have to be relocated to the trunk. This is a very powerful setup when done right. I've seen supercharged b16a's with just bolt on's that dyno 270+hp !!! About the pistons, I would change the pistons to low comp if you plan on running more than 7 or 8psi. If you run more than that with stock compression, you have a good chance for detonation. Hope this helps.
    -peace
    Last edited by LxiCoupe; 05-15-2002 at 05:26 PM.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    I was still working on your sig Banner... i see you got one though... do you still want to see mine?
    - llia

Vehicle
    89 Accord Lx-i Coupe
    eh mike, hehe i spent about an hour and a half designing and trying to upload, host, link that F-ing banner. sure I wanna see what you came up with.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    - llia

Vehicle
    89 Accord Lx-i Coupe
    looks good mike. did you do that in photoshop? I'm gonna save it onto my computer. As soon as I get my front lip and rims on I'm gonna go up to Ho'omauluhia and grab some new pics.. so i'll be making a new banner then hehe. I should make mine in photoshop the next time i go home. Thanks mike.

Vehicle
    2006 Mazda 6 S
    Originally posted by A20A1
    You need to change the fuel pump and the tank, I think... but you don't need to do ans EFI swap since the B16 is EFI
    unless you are able to get a b16 that has the fuel injection system attached with it, you will need to convert to EFI. Most of the time when you buy an engine they don't give you the fuel injection unless you pay extra for it. I think doing it how carotman did is the wisest choice. Convert to EFI first, get that working and all the bugs out and then do your engine swap after that..
    I'm just like any other member on this board.......