Thread: Accord 3rd Gen Interchangeable Parts

DX User
    Vehicle
    Honda Accord CA5 1989

Accord 3rd Gen Interchangeable Parts

Hi guys.
    I'm new here. I recently got an Accord 3rd gen. I'll post some more info about it and pics too in the according section of the forum. What I'm interested in when writing this thread is does anyone know if I can get rear calipers from another Honda model and place them on mine. I know this is possible for sure, because the front ones I have are replaced, the entire braking "system" so to speak is replaced with one from Prelude H22, I mean it got bigger disks, bigger calipers, etc.
    The rear ones I have are the original ones though and I've been told they're "stuck" ?! After I bought the car I went to a service to have it checked and the guy told me this. They are working, but his words were "They're working but on about 60%". Apart from that I got no hand brake
    Don't laugh, I am now beginning to learn as this is my first car. I checked on E-bay and found rear calipers for this exact model which is CA5 with B20A8 engine but they're worth more than I am willing to spend right now. And I'd rather put bigger disks and bigger calipers from another model which will come way cheaper if I buy used parts. From what I was able to find out from threads in here, calipers from 95 Legend would fit, but that's not a very common model. The guy from which I bought the car told me I can take parts from Civic 5th gen but wasn't very sure and told me "Check on 3geez "
    So that's what I'm doing now lol
    Apart from that, the person from the service told me that 2 original hand brake lines/strings (I'm not sure if that's the correct way of calling the part)
    would cost me around 300 Euro and I got the car for like 900 Couldn't find such thing on E-bay, maybe I don't know how to search for it.
    Any info would be much appreciated.
    Hope I'm not boggling you with this thread.
    Thank you for reading this. : )

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    88coupe

Re: Accord 3rd Gen Interchangeable Parts

Welcome to the fourms! Glad to see you have used the search function. First question to ask would be do you already have rear disk? because if you dont then you will have to find a SE-i with the disk and swap them over before you can upgrade the rear brakes. Secondly, yes you can upgrade the rear. there are 2 ways, Legend calipers. they bolt onto the bracket with minimal modification, uses the accord pad if im not mistaken.
    Or you can follow legend masters steps and do a rear brake upgrade. i forget exactly what all he used, but it is very well documented. Just look up his sn and his signature has all the links you need. Good luck to ya man and get those pictures up!

Quote Originally Posted by CAH View Post
    pullin up turbo spoolin fast lookin fly like a 3g like a 3g like a 3g

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Re: Accord 3rd Gen Interchangeable Parts

Another option since your over seas is see if you can get a rebuild kit for them. Its just a seal and a new piston.

You disassemble them. clean the bore. and put a new seal and piston in.
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!