Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TNTumbler's 1989 Accord LX - 100% OEM Stock!

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX

Re: TNTumbler's 1989 Accord LX - 100% OEM Stock!

Thank you Ayeobe! Those pictures help so much! Thank you everyone for your comments as well. You have a very nice and clean Accord as well. With my Accord having a Manual Transmission I doubt they came with something on "Proper Shifting" on one of these cards. This is the first time I've seen these cards. I find it just too cool. My Accord is stored yet again as the weather took a turn and we had 3" of ice dumped on us with less than an inch of snow on top of that. Fun times!
    Jason Russell - Memphis, TN - The Bluff City
    1989 Honda Accord LX B49-M Exterior/Type C Interior

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX

Yay! I got the hubcaps for my Accord. These will be a big help and I won't get points deducted come April 5th when the show rolls around. Now if Mother Nature would take her Valium, Xanax, or whatever she takes and straighten out with the weather (warmer temps PLEASE!) I can swap my hubcaps around and mount them where they need to be. That'll be about a 30 minute job. LoL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140306_132839.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	248.5 KB 
ID:	5959

The passenger side hubcap (left one) is passable, but I might eventually look for one that isn't starting to peel. Just see how time and money go.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord EX-i AT

Hey man thanks for the compliments toward my 3g. Also, not sure if those AT ones go where i put mine, but i dont know where else it'd go ... I have two sets of AT / Cruise cards, but for the manual, ive never seen a card on how to shift..in the owners manual, though, it says what RPMs to shift at and what speeds and whatever..
    Im happy to see you have those hubcaps now. Cant wait to see more pics
    170 156.5km | 12 348.6km

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX

I tried to get pics today, but stupid Android wasn't cooperating. So, when I'm out with my Car Club tomorrow, I'll get some more pics now that I got the hubcaps on and all are going in the right direction. I'll even get a pic of the door pocket that I installed replacing a totally destroyed unit that was on the car. She's coming together and almost ready! This car catches so much attention! I dunno if its the styling, the color, or just her over all condition. I got asked today if I'd be interesting in selling her. I had to politely say "No, sorry. She's my baby." and smile.

That is the next thing to get for her is an owner's manual as mine was stolen out the glove box the day after I bought her. Really hurt my feelings and pissed me off highly at the same time. This isn't uncommon here in Memphis as they sell them at flea markets or try and sell them at the local salvage yards. I keep looking for mine when I see someone peddling owner's manuals at the local salvage yard because my owner's manual had the original owners name, address, and the dealership in Opelika, AL where she came from. I see I'm gonna have to re-clean the interior again as I have found a few spots trying to return.

Vehicle

Damn thats bull, cant beleive someone took the owners manual.. i have a spare, but its not in great shape, and its canadian 1987..
    Someone once stopped in traffic, and yelled at me to sell him my car Lol it was rediculous... My sedan dosnt catch as much attention as the Pontiac Parisienne i own(ed), but those who notice it, really notice it.
    Im also happy you're going for all OEM, bone stock, and 100% mint, man. Its awesome.
    170 156.5km | 12 348.6km

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX

Ok. I finally got pictures of the map pocket and a quick shot of the Accord with her replacement hubcaps.

Map Pocket Before:

Name:	559874_10152249878398032_1329482161_n.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	5967

Map Pocket After:

Name:	20140309_121524.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	5968

And you can tell a BIG difference in the door light's brightness since replacing the corroded socket (compare the two pics).

And here is a pic of the Honda with her replacement caps. I had just gotten home from a Car Club Breakfast Meeting. Fun times and everyone just loves this li'l car. I show up and everyone is always lookin' at it and pointing things out to other members. Enjoy!

Name:	20140309_121636.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	272.7 KB 
ID:	5969

Vehicle

Damn man lookin good! Love it when people put work in! More pics.
    170 156.5km | 12 348.6km

Vehicle
    1989 Accord Hatchback LX-i

Quote Originally Posted by Blaaz View Post
    I have a couple of factory stereos left. Gave my original to a friend for his Civic.

Anyone else notice the 88-89 Lx-i in the new Camry commercial? I doubt the new Camrys are anywhere as reliable as 3G Accords.
    i believe that is a mid-80s corolla in the commerical, ae86 i think.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX

Well today was too beautiful to sit indoors and sulk (even tho I feel like I got hit by a truck!). So we took the Honda to the River Bluff today for a li'l photo shoot on Americas Next Hot Honda. LoL Cleaned her up a tad and people were giving us thumbs up, coming up asking us what year she is, and asking if she has a custom paint color sprayed on her. A guy wants me to loan her to him to sit in his Honda Dealership showroom. I told him the only way I'd let that happen is if he threw in a few gaskets, water pump, and timing belt plus get the idle right. LoL He took my number, so you never know. So enough blabbing. Here she is Spring Fresh and ready for the start of the show season.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX

And a few more.

The tag on the car is the "Show Tag" as it is the correct issuant year (1989) plus its the county I live in here in Tennessee. Since I have an Antique Tag Application in processing I still have to take this tag off when running the streets. LoL Enjoy!

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Bro, that engine bay is looking NICE! First class all the way!
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    Bro, that engine bay is looking NICE! First class all the way!
    Thanx Dr_Snooz. Coming from you is a great compliment in itself. I took her to a buddy of mine who pressure wash cleaned every li'l nook and cranny in the engine compartment. We took the battery out, bagged the distributor and carburetor, and went after it. Took roughly 2 hours, 2.5 bottles of Simple Green, and 1 big bottle of Purple Power. Underneath the car was Pure Black! Going to get all the stuff to detail the interior and exterior in the next week so I can start getting her ready for April 5th.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX

Ok, Quick question guys. What do you think my car would be worth in asking price? Its in excellent shape, runs good but needs carburetor work (has a small issue with high idle at the moment), tires are new, and so are a lot of other things under the hood (vacuum lines, alt voltage regulator and brushes, battery, plugs, wires, dizzy cap, etc). Mileage is just above 152k. I like the car, don't get me wrong, but I'm seriously thinking I'm fixin' to need a truck soon with home renovations, work, etc coming in play. Average book on Nada Classic's page is $4500.00 and above average is $7000.

3Geez Veteran

Honestly, it's a twenty-five-year-old cabureted Honda. It's not 10/10 and there's no market for the car. If you found someone dumb enough who really wanted that exact car you could probably get $3,000. NADA and KBB have nothing to do with the amount of cash someone wants to hand over for an old (and not remotely rare) import.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Honestly, it's a twenty-five-year-old cabureted Honda. It's not 10/10 and there's no market for the car. If you found someone dumb enough who really wanted that exact car you could probably get $3,000. NADA and KBB have nothing to do with the amount of cash someone wants to hand over for an old (and not remotely rare) import.
    In other words TNT you could get as much as $3000 or more from the right buyer. It takes time and effecient exposure for your sale to draw that buyer, start high and post the sale on sites lke mautified.com, hemmings etc.

Vehicle
    Honda Accord Coupe Import Edition 1989

Nice!

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

shes soooo clean and pretty! love how your fixing all the little worn pieces that most people dont notice. i need to get new "map pockets" for my lxi coupe. but finding clean tan coupe door panels to get them from has been an impossible find so far!

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX

Civic Accord Honda, I'm trying to keep her together, but she fights me tooth and nail. She only has 152k miles on her, but obviously 2 of the 3 previous owners before he didn't take care of her like she needed to be. I've done nothing but keep the hood up for the past 6 months trying to fix this, that, or something else. To be honest, its getting very old and tiresome as I wasn't expecting this big of a project. She is so pretty and in great shape too boot for her age. She does have the typical li'l dings here and there, but no accidents reported or anything like that.

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

i know the feeling! i bought my 3g from a member on here who took pretty good care of her and tried to fix all the little problems but the problems it had took over the whole car. whoever he got it from took horrible care of the engine for it to of had a main bearing knock and no 5th gear with under 120k miles!. and little problems keep poping up like ECT sensor now went bad. some other sensors have had to be replaced. my hood is open more then i drive it LOL!. hoping the engine keeps holding up until i can save up enough cash to pick up a daily driver so i can replace the drivetrain on it . trying to keep it going for now ive done the main and rod bearings, clutch, timing belt kit, 5th gear and bunch of other things. but more adds up every week

but over all the body and interior of the car is mint! the paints not as nice as yours due to california sunshine but shes straight and the leather interior is as soft as it was when it left the showroom!

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX

Today was the Kiwanis Charity Car Show in Germantown, TN (area of Memphis, TN). Trying to represent the 3geez (and my local car club) to my best ability and I don't think I did too bad with our first judged car show of the season. I placed 3rd Place in the Asian All Years and Makes class. Got tons of compliments and even the judges were impressed. I was the only Honda of any model out there. Enjoy!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140405_091053.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	313.3 KB 
ID:	6105   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140405_171422.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	245.2 KB 
ID:	6106  
    Last edited by TNTumbler; 04-05-2014 at 02:39 PM.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

More pics of the 180SL!

Oops. I mean, way to go!
    Dr_Snooz

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX

Lorelei on Saturday Morning (Sept 20th, 2014) at the club's rendezvous point to caravan to the Collierville Car Show here in Memphis, Tennessee. It was a show and shine and she got plenty of attention.

Only 3 club members entered. The red 66 Pontiac Catalina wagon draws a crowd everywhere she goes. I hope I'm representing and doing 3Geez around the world justice by showing my baby girl.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Please tell me that Riviera was already parked there when you guys arrived.
    Dr_Snooz

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX

That is another club member. If I was him I'd have brought his Stang, or God forbid the Mercedes or BMW verts. LoL

Beauty !