Thread: How to get exterior trim snapped back on?

DX User

How to get exterior trim snapped back on?

Used the search bar for hours and can't seem to find a decent picture or explanation of how to snap the trim back on. I snapped mine off and need to A.) Find a decent site to buy an OEM trim piece and B.) Find a diagram or explanation of how to snap it back on. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the 2 little snaps back on. Any help in the right direction would be much appreciated by this newbie!

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  29.3 KB

Vehicle
    1986 accord LXI

Re: How to get exterior trim snapped back on?

To snap it back in you simple push it in. you wont be able to buy oem trim anywhere check the forsale section here, eBay, and junk yards are your only option.

DX User

Quote Originally Posted by RAZR View Post
    To snap it back in you simple push it in. you wont be able to buy oem trim anywhere check the forsale section here, eBay, and junk yards are your only option.
    That's the same description I saw everywhere else..."Just push it back in"...do I push it in straight towards the body? Do I slide it in towards the wheel well? SO CONFUSED

Vehicle
    1986 accord LXI

Quote Originally Posted by r4racin View Post
    That's the same description I saw everywhere else..."Just push it back in"...do I push it in straight towards the body? Do I slide it in towards the wheel well? SO CONFUSED
    ok so those two back pieces that are still in the fender are broken trim. take those out when u get the new trim youll see how to get it back in. Line up the hole and push straight simple as that

DX User

Quote Originally Posted by RAZR View Post
    ok so those two back pieces that are still in the fender are broken trim. take those out when u get the new trim youll see how to get it back in. Line up the hole and push straight simple as that
    Ahhhh! See thats what I was missing, I didn't realize those were broken pieces, I figured it was some sort of odd Japanese sliding bracket system. Now the most important question to me is how do you remove the complete trim piece without breaking it? This is crucial if I'm going to be getting it from a junk yard...

Vehicle
    1986 accord LXI

Quote Originally Posted by r4racin View Post
    Ahhhh! See thats what I was missing, I didn't realize those were broken pieces, I figured it was some sort of odd Japanese sliding bracket system. Now the most important question to me is how do you remove the complete trim piece without breaking it? This is crucial if I'm going to be getting it from a junk yard...
    Well u have to remove the fender........or door panels if your pulling door trim

On these cars 10mm Socket is your best friend.