Thread: Hows this? (help and advice wanted)

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 Lxi accord

Hows this? (help and advice wanted)

Hey 3geez.com im collin and this is my first cat an 87 lxi sedan i love workin on cars and im planing on getting this car low a kinda of hella flush/jdm look i was wondringg if you got amy pointers or parts that could be helpfull with my build
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1926648_456371911162897_1117453958_n.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	6058  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Re: Hows this? (help and advice wanted)

Welcome Collin! My only advice is that you wait with any mods for a few months. Spend that time getting the car into shape mechanically. You're going to have things break and need repair. Once you have the car running reliably, you can mod slowly from there.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX - Carbeurated 2.0L Auto

Photo #1 looks like it would seriously wear out some tires and kind of lack drivability. At the end of the day you need to be able to drive the car without dragging the oil pan on the ground behind you..

I like the stock ride height of my 3g, although the roads around here wouldn't really allow for any lower anyway.. Maybe some upgrades you could try for handling could include rear sway bar, strut bar up front, new 15" tires, new struts and springs, poly sway bar bushings and links as well as control arm bushings.

Here's my car last summer:

Vehicle
    87 LXi Hatch

Yes, there is many parts and advice in the suspension section of the thread, even the part numbers for the sway bars gyates93 mentioned. (I want some too lol)

I spent about 3 years getting my 3Gee running like a top before I started hacking and slashing my car apart. These cars are starting to show their age (unless you get lucky) but most things are easily fixed.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    88coupe

Quote Originally Posted by niles View Post
    Yes, there is many parts and advice in the suspension section of the Website, even the part numbers for the sway bars gyates93 mentioned. (I want some too lol)

I spent about 3 years getting my 3Gee running like a top before I started hacking and slashing my car apart. These cars are starting to show their age (unless you get lucky) but most things are easily fixed.
    fixed. but what everyone else said.

Quote Originally Posted by CAH View Post
    pullin up turbo spoolin fast lookin fly like a 3g like a 3g like a 3g

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

get her mechanically sound and then get her to look the way you want.... im honestly not in to the whole hellaflush thing. to played out honestly but your car build it how you see it in your dreams! . but just please make sure she is safe and sound before any mods! theses cars are over 25 years old now. your going to need to go over all the ball joints and tie rods and bushings before lowering it. (when ball joints and tie rods break you lose steering and wheels. which is never fun!. lowering puts more stress on theses aged components) . once you have the suspension and brakes up to par then make sure the engine and everything is up to par! again 25+ year old cars all need some loven when ya first get them. but theses common problems can be found on newer cars as well! my old 95 civic needed the entire suspension rebuilt. 97 civic needed new tie rod ends, same with both 95 accords i owned!

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.