Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: JDM Duckbill Replica's

Vehicle
    1986 LXi Sedan - 1972 F250 C/S - 1987 DX Hatch - 1977 Skylark S/R (Sold) - 2001 Hyundai Accent GS (Sold) - 1981 Suzuki GS450 (Sold)

Re: JDM Duckbill Replica's

So! How is this going?

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

10 by 10 customs are doing the molds

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

I talked to them about 3 weeks ago. They are making a mold of the whole trunk and doing all the fitment and finishing work need to make sure it will fit perfectly.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

You guys said you wanted to see here's a peak of what has been done. As you can see the duck bill has been fitted to the trunk and the usdm trunk lid I'm having made to fit the jdm vigor garnish. I'll will be meet up with then soon to get some more shots and see it up close. Enjoy.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    88coupe

woot

Quote Originally Posted by CAH View Post
    pullin up turbo spoolin fast lookin fly like a 3g like a 3g like a 3g

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

DX User
    Vehicle
    Accord 3geez

Do you know if they will ship to Europe, or if someone is interested to pick it up when they become avaible, and than send it to me?

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

We haven't worked out shipping but i would be with to ship them anywhere your the one paying for it lol

DX User

I am so ready for this.

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 lx

I want one too

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon Toth View Post
    I want one too
    Ok I'll add you to the list. I should be meeting with guys soon to look at a finished one.

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 lx

Oh hellllll yeah!!!! Imma make sure to keep cash aside! And subscribe to the thread! Oh, fiberglass shall do
    Last edited by Ryon Toth; 04-05-2016 at 08:44 AM.

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

As soon as I get a day off I will head over to their shop to take a look at their project and put a little bit more money down on it to have it finished from that point on I will start taking payments for the wings and will have to work on the shipping details

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    88coupe

how much extra for a cf one? I know i paid for a fiberglass one but just asking lol

Quote Originally Posted by CAH View Post
    pullin up turbo spoolin fast lookin fly like a 3g like a 3g like a 3g

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

The pricing should be around the same price

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

So I was able to meet up with tenbyten over the weekend and they are ready to start making the duckbill. Once I have received payment for all 10 in full and send them the full amount they will make them and I'll ship them out to each person in order of payment received. I estamate shipping will be $50-$75 to the lower 48. So that's $250-$275 each duckbill. Any savings I can find on shipping will reimbursed to you. After this group buy you will have to contact them directly to get one without the group savings of $100 dollars.

All my information is on the first page post. Please contact me by for sending any payments so I can get all you information as well. Then sooner I receive payment the fast the duckbill will show up.
    Last edited by obd0driver; 04-28-2016 at 09:31 AM.

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

88LXi68 just jump on it thanks man. Im hoping that we can get five so i can give them half to get some in my hands the soon that happens the soon we can rap this up. I have two more possibles right now.

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

Thank you Icfortner1989 for jumping on this group buy. Come on guys 7 more gone. I'm hoping once we atleast get to have that I can go over there and hand them half to get a few Rolled out. You know what they say money talks.

Vehicle
    1989 Lx-i Hatchback

I would inform the buyers that the CF product they will get may not live up to the expectations of a product made in CF. Most likely, the individual who is intended to do this work will use a wet carbon or a wet layup method. The product will be heavier due to multiple layers and added resin for each layer. Unless this is Dry carbon, vac bagged, and autoclaved you might as well just commission a fiberglass one made with a cf wrap, it will be about the same weight, materials would be cheaper too to offer this at less than a $300 nominal price point ( or even the group buy of $200). The majority of the work involved is in the molds, after that replicas can be made with a quick turn around time and minimal effort.

As a body and paint guy , im highly skeptical about this individual you contracted for this. From what i've seen it took nearly 5 months for body work on the trunk and spoiler just to see it in PPG primer. Not very convincing of this guys work and the money involved for such items. IDK took me about one month tops to do custom work on both these cars from welding to paint...... https://www.3geez.com/forum/interior-...tml#post974613

1989 Accord Lx-i hatchback (current DD project)
    1986 Olds Cutlass 442 clone (never ending project)
    3Geez resident body man
    Owner of Wreck-less auto body

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

Quote Originally Posted by gp02a0083 View Post
    I would inform the buyers that the CF product they will get may not live up to the expectations of a product made in CF. Most likely, the individual who is intended to do this work will use a wet carbon or a wet layup method. The product will be heavier due to multiple layers and added resin for each layer. Unless this is Dry carbon, vac bagged, and autoclaved you might as well just commission a fiberglass one made with a cf wrap, it will be about the same weight, materials would be cheaper too to offer this at less than a $300 nominal price point ( or even the group buy of $200). The majority of the work involved is in the molds, after that replicas can be made with a quick turn around time and minimal effort.

As a body and paint guy , im highly skeptical about this individual you contracted for this. From what i've seen it took nearly 5 months for body work on the trunk and spoiler just to see it in PPG primer. Not very convincing of this guys work and the money involved for such items. IDK took me about one month tops to do custom work on both these cars from welding to paint...... https://www.3geez.com/forum/interior-...tml#post974613
    So I understand your concern I was just over at the shop and they showed me there process everything that you have said about a individual doing it the correct way by vacuum ceiling and not doing a laid up method is exactly what they are doing. This is one of their largest pieces they have made yet besides a whole roof for a performance shop. They live/shop in the middle of nowhere there's no cell phone reception out there and they use a magic jack for a telephone. The reason why it was taking so long was mainly because it was hard to get a hold of them I had to pay them and I was waiting for them to contact me when they were ready to continue with the process. I would encourage you to check out their website and click on their link to their Instagram to see some of the work they have been working on in the five months we are not there only customers so without putting money down how can you expect somebody to make something for you.
    Ten By Ten Custom Carbon Fiber

Last edited by obd0driver; 05-02-2016 at 10:12 AM.

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

I would also like to point out my track record for commissioning part chedda rear lca's, rear upper control arns, front and rear top hat's. Your welcome. Everyone one that got those products seemed to be happy. Sure its not a CF body part but I've spent quite a bit of time checking places out looking for a place that is not only willing to do the work but is in the business of making quality one off part's. I could have very easily went with some Chinese sweatshop and got them for a lot less in fiberglass. Which is why I changed manufacturer's quality was important. This took me a year to just lock it in and I have $750 of my own money in to it just for body work and mold. You guy's are literally paying for your duckbill and shipping.

Last edited by obd0driver; 05-02-2016 at 10:29 AM.

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

Just so you can see that I've been waiting on on them. So at this point it's just about taking them money. If I had the funds I'd just front the whole thing myself. But they want a all or nothing payment. But i know they will start pumping them out if I have something to getting them motivated. These guys are very money motivated. The only reason why they took this job is because I open up my wallet and handed them $500 dollars in cash out of car show in front of everyone because money talks.

Vehicle
    1989 Lx-i Hatchback

Quote Originally Posted by obd0driver View Post
    I would also like to point out my track record for commissioning part chedda rear lca's, rear upper control arns, front and rear top hat's. Your welcome.
    Commissioning by throwing money at something is one thing anyone can do. The product/workmanship credit goes to the fabricator.....

Quote Originally Posted by obd0driver View Post
    So I understand your concern I was just over at the shop and they showed me there process everything that you have said about a individual doing it the correct way by vacuum ceiling and not doing a laid up method is exactly what they are doing. This is one of their largest pieces they have made yet besides a whole roof for a performance shop.
    BOTH Dry and WET methods utilize a Vac bag / sealing method..... otherwise you get bubbles or "voids" and with wet you get layer DE-lamination of the resin and CF sheets. I have yet heard mention of phrases like " dry carbon", "autoclave",fabric weight, or grade type and that is a concern. I would not want to be an individual purchasing a misrepresented item and receive a heavier, not as strong, CF looking part.

All your newer pictures show is lack of communication in the span of MONTHS, and it seems like you dropped the ball. Also change the picture in the OP if the maker has changed.

1989 Accord Lx-i hatchback (current DD project)
    1986 Olds Cutlass 442 clone (never ending project)
    3Geez resident body man
    Owner of Wreck-less auto body

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

Thanks 2oodoor for joining the group buy. I also go my tax return and will be buying on so we have made it to the half way point. I will be trying to meet up with them over the next couple of day to give them half so they can start. Buy the time the first one is done we should have them all sold. Spread the word guy's.

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

Two sold today to Ethan over on FB. 3 more to go.