Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "stuttering" problem.. this sucks major shit pls help

Vehicle
    a 93 z34 that's getting parted out, an 86 accord lx that now lives in a j/y, and a 90 camry le that the state no longer allows me to drive. soon to be replaced with an aprilia rs50 or a derbi gpr.

"stuttering" problem.. this sucks major shit pls help

Ok I'm having this problem where once the car has been on for a while it just starts stuttering and choking like it's not getting enough fuel and is trying to stall out or something... even when I give it more gas when it starts doing this! I don't know what the hell is going on maybe something actuating choke on the carb when it's not supposed to?! If anyone has had this problem or thinks they know what this might be please let me know!! I have to drive to work and HAVE SEX NOT IN A TEMPO AND STUFF GODAMIT

Sorry that is probably a result that I CAN'T FUCKING BYU CIGS WITH THE ENIGNNE SPUTARING ALL THE SWAY TO SEVEN ELELVEN CHITY BANG BANG

Thanks...
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

Vehicle
    97 Dodge Neon
    check......

air filter
    Fuel filter
    Spark plugs
    spark plug wires

that the main things that could cause that, mine was doin this at one time, i changed the spark plugs wires and spark plugs and it fixed it.

Vehicle
    a 93 z34 that's getting parted out, an 86 accord lx that now lives in a j/y, and a 90 camry le that the state no longer allows me to drive. soon to be replaced with an aprilia rs50 or a derbi gpr.
    Awesome, an excuse to buy some Denso Iridiums bwahahhahaa...
    Thanks!!!
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

Vehicle
    97 Dodge Neon
    also check the gap when u get em, set it to about .045 that is were mine is and i get no stuttering

DX User
    yah i had this same problem about a week ago.. JUst get a tune up and should fix
    later
    neal

Vehicle
    1987 honda accord lx

Re: "stuttering" problem.. this sucks major shit pls help

Originally posted by toastyghost
    I have to drive to work and HAVE SEX NOT IN A TEMPO AND STUFF GODAMIT
    OH MY GOD!!!! comeon guys lets get this guy some help, noone should be subjected to a tempo:lol
    serously mine does the same thing sometimes, when i'm driving and i give it gas it kinda studders and lags, i have no idea what it is, i've changed all the tune up stuff except the cap and rotor, witch is prolly what it is
    -Scott
    3geez member since Sept. 27, 2001
    "its a shame that our society as glorified the thug life. It just churns out fearless idiots with guns " - Pimp86LX

LX User
    Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord Lx
    your problem is your fuel filter, depending on your car i think the 86 also had 2 fuel filters. one under the hood and one under the car.. i am 100% sure its that, my 85 civic did the same thing it would chug the more i gave it gas... so i changed the fuel filter and it went like a bat outta hell.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    88 LX Action
    yeah, id think it was the fuel filter, though youd also wouldn't start up great. try pouring gas straight into the carb, and see how it runs. if it runs perfect, or better than usual than its probably your fuel filters.
    real 3geez http://www.3g-generation.com

i sold the honda. now working on a car with little bit more potential, an 88 supra. i still stop by occasionally.

Vehicle

Re: Re: "stuttering" problem.. this sucks major shit pls help

Originally posted by 87accordlx

OH MY GOD!!!! comeon guys lets get this guy some help, noone should be subjected to a tempo:lol
    Dude no fucking joke that damn car causes some cramps in the oddest places when you are done.. :P

The Chevy will always be the #1 booty car, AHHHH so much rooooom... but still anything's better than the getofabolus Tizempo.
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    if you have stock coil, than after you get spark plugs change the gap from .044 to 0.04 - 0.041. the the stock gap should be between 0.039- 0.043
    if you have accel coil .045 should do nicely. .05 is too much and it starts to sputter.
    i would recomend getting spark plugs from EFI accord. they are colder. so in carbed version they should do a lot better.
    i don't know if there is anycolder that EFI for our cars.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    Ok this sucks... I have taken the ignition wires off and have not been able to get the plugs out. I have tried using all of these: spark plug socket (which I think is the same thing as a 5/8" deep socket), a 5/8" regular "non spark plug" or whatever socket, and a spark plug removal tool. These all appear to be more or less 5/8" hex sockets, and they all appear to be too small to fit around the bolt in the spark plug holes. If I am retarded and doing something wrong or if the car needs a different sized deep socket for the plugs, please let me know. Thanks!
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

LX User
    Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord Lx
    the size you need is 11/16

Vehicle
    Sweet! The stupid Haynes manual says 5/8", WTF?!
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

Vehicle
    87 Accord EX , 5spd , Manual
    two sizes of sparks fit on our cars ! 22mm and 16 mm ! the genuine are 16 mm !
    BTW try cleaning the carb with a carb cleaner too !

MIKE
    3geez member since October 4th 2001

Vehicle
    Ok got the new plugs in today... one of the old ones (NGK-R's?! WTF middle aged man that sold me car has riceboy shit!?@#) was completely corroded and gunked all to hell. It was the #4, which the one nearest the cam seal that has a minor crack in it... so I'm really really hoping that isn't what farked it up to begin with. I'm going to replace the cam seal soon but in the meantime I have new Denso plugs and the damn thing was running great, seriously the plugs helped a lot.. but then as I was coming home after taking it around for a spin to see if the chugging problem had improved, it started doing it again. Blech! New fuel filters and carb cleaner will get thrown into the mix tomorrow, we will see if that fixes it...
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

Vehicle
    Black 1989 LX-I Coupe and 2000 EX V6 coupe
    my LX studders when it's cold hehe
    Check my cardomain for sale items! Cardomain

Vehicle
    Well I ruled that one out since it's been 70-80 degrees during the day all this week
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    My 89 LX stutters too. I have Toucan plug wires and NGK power V plugs. I am starting to think that NGK plugs suck. I have new fuel filters (2) and clean my carb. weekly and it still chugs. I haven't checked the plugs yet. (I will in like 10 seconds)

LXi User
    Vehicle
    88 LX Action
    mine used to stutter all the time, than the fuel pump gave out. replaced that and my filters and have been running fine since.
    real 3geez http://www.3g-generation.com

i sold the honda. now working on a car with little bit more potential, an 88 supra. i still stop by occasionally.

Vehicle
    1986 Accord LXi Hatch Back
    Originally posted by staticpat
    yeah, id think it was the fuel filter, though youd also wouldn't start up great. try pouring gas straight into the carb, and see how it runs. if it runs perfect, or better than usual than its probably your fuel filters.
    Yeah, lets all just go a pour gas right into our carbs, always wanted to hear an engine brake! Ok guys, don't do this, the gas should be atomized before entering the cylinder, if it is in a mildly solid liquid form, well, might as well just pour water into your carb, on the compression stroke it would act the same way! BANG! Ouch!
    Car: 1986 Honda Accord LXi Hatchback.
    Heart: A20A @ 9_ hp?
    Mods: Partially removed front and rear bumper. Keyed with large dent along passenger side. Dimpled hood with encrusted bird droppings for added effect. Locked right emergency break (Recently "fixed").

http://www.belineperspectives.com : another perspective

Vehicle
    theBeline: I didn't know that but I was too lazy to do that anyway.
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

Vehicle
    Anyone want to recommend a non-OE fuel pump? If I replace this I'm going to go ahead and get ready for the EFI conversion or B20A or whatever the fuck I'm going to do with this car... Nickel and diming the fuck out of it, but oh well.
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord SE-i FI 5speed Coupe
    Mine seemed to chug as well, but it may be due to the spark plugs cuz the guy who sold it to me put in 2 BOSH Platinums spark plugs and the other 2 I'm not sure, but last time I check, doesn't it fuck up the car and it's performance? I am changing it today, maybe that's why once in awhile when I;m in 1st gear it feels like the car jerks for a few secs, and then I try gunning it and it seems like it wants to stall but it doesn't, then I let off the gas and it stops.... thats F**ked up.... but I don't think it would be my fuel filters not sure..... and if you change your fuel filters, can you do it on your own, if so how? Also how much for fuel filters? Thanks... Lataz
    I will alwayz drive my 3rd gen Accord, ya'll will neva c me driving a 4 door Ford.. lol

LXi User
    Vehicle
    89 coupe/ 06 TL 6spd
    well i had a problem similar to that.. and found out it was my fuel pump...after i fixed the pump...she runs good as new...

so ya, you might wanna check gettin your pump replaced..
    mine stuttered like that too.. to the point i couldn't go faster then 80km/h or even up a tiny slope!! haha
    R.I.P Spoon Se-i 01/17/04

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord EX-I 2dr,93 Miata,85 300ZX
    3gee hondas are noted for temp sensors (defective ones tell the
    computer to run rich because its cold even when the eng is up to temp)..........