Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 4g distributor adapter for obd-1 conversion

Vehicle
    '87 Prelude DX, '00 Nissan Frontier, '87 Suzuki Samurai DIESEL!

Re: 4g distributor adapter for obd-1 conversion

Quote Originally Posted by elpuma View Post
    stat1k if you do get a hold of lx-incredible can you let him know that I'll pay up front in full?

And I'm wondering, have you worked out what to do with the distributor? I ask because I haven't done any work on the aforementioned distributor modifications yet, but I'll get on it if you're interested. If you want to use the adapter plate set I have those available now. Or if you have another plan that's cool too.

C|

Vehicle
    88 Honda Accord lxi

Before josh ditched the a20 to work on the lsv, he had a D series dizzy which i was going to buy off him. Changed my mind and it was sold to another member. Now I've bought it off that other member.

I/H/E, B16 mani, delta 272, OBD1....etc

Vehicle
    2005 ES2 Civic, 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4x4

so another flake out, glad i didn't call lx-incredible to bother him only to have a pm the next morning saying nevermind.

case in point i guess.

for the record if people are asking stupid questions about what WILL and WON'T work... anything CAN work if you make it. that's up to you, clearly.
    dead white and blue

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by elpuma View Post
    Before josh ditched the a20 to work on the lsv, he had a D series dizzy which i was going to buy off him. Changed my mind and it was sold to another member. Now I've bought it off that other member.

Wait, D series? Are they the same as the F series? If they are I didn't know that.

And as I recall this particular distributor has been modified to fit the A20. Ok. I'm still planning to look into modifying distributors; I just won't put a priority on it unless someone seriously wants one.

C|

Vehicle

as far as internally the d-series are the same, i believe that the f22 obd1 distributors share the same leg configuration as the y8 d-series motors.
    dead white and blue

LX User
    Vehicle
    89 Accord DX

So cygnus, do you still have some of these plates and keys made?? I dont have the money right this second but i will in about two weeks...I just wanna give a heads up if you dont have any made...
    1989 Accord DX converted to EFI and OBD1 on P06 Ecu using Hondarulez RTP
    Blaster 2 Coil, Pacesetter Headers, 4G Injectors, 4G Alternator, Skunk 2 B18 ITM, Skunk 2 68mm TB, Delta 272, Xenocron 255 FP, wire tuck, fuse box and battery relocation.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Susanoo View Post
    So cygnus, do you still have some of these plates and keys made?? I dont have the money right this second but i will in about two weeks...I just wanna give a heads up if you dont have any made...

They're ready to go when you are.

C|

LX User
    Vehicle
    89 Accord DX

Quote Originally Posted by cygnus x-1 View Post
    They're ready to go when you are.

C|
    Awesome I must say im really impressed in all the work thats gone into this project and its great success. Props to everyone who made it happen.
    1989 Accord DX converted to EFI and OBD1 on P06 Ecu using Hondarulez RTP
    Blaster 2 Coil, Pacesetter Headers, 4G Injectors, 4G Alternator, Skunk 2 B18 ITM, Skunk 2 68mm TB, Delta 272, Xenocron 255 FP, wire tuck, fuse box and battery relocation.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Susanoo View Post
    Awesome I must say im really impressed in all the work thats gone into this project and its great success. Props to everyone who made it happen.

Thanks!

C|

Vehicle

Just wanted to mention, I got my grubby hands on a TD-52U distributor (92-93 Accord) in order to work out how to make it directly fit the A20 head. The goal is for this to be completely bolt on, no other mechanical mods required. Most likely the way this will work is I will sell only the modified distributor cases, you swap the guts from your distributor into the modified case, and then send the old case back to me for a core refund. It's less work for me which means cheaper for you. I don't have a price worked out yet since I don't know exactly how much work the mods will be, but it will be *significantly* cheaper than the adapter plates.

C|

why could'nt you just make a universal mount. Then a guy could use any obd1 dizzy. All he needs to do is remove all the stock mounting points. If that were to happen then you would not even have to re-time the cam key. Set the timing then drill and tap the case for 3 allen head bolts. IDK
    un-motivated!
    someone make me an offer i just could not say no to.

3GR

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    88coupe

89t, explain what you are trying to say?

Quote Originally Posted by CAH View Post
    pullin up turbo spoolin fast lookin fly like a 3g like a 3g like a 3g

Well Tim, possibly a flat plate with three mounting holes that mount to the base of the housing. It would have to be thin though.

I also had a thought of a cylinder that fits around the base of the distributer welded to a plate with the a20 bolt pattern. You would of course have the 3 mounting screws.
    un-motivated!

3GR

Now that I think of it, you'd still have to grind the water neck bolt and side of the distributer. hmm?
    Last edited by 89T; 03-25-2012 at 05:55 PM.
    un-motivated!

3GR

Vehicle

the reason the 4g distributor was utilized was because of it's external coil right?
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord SE-i Coupe

that's an awesome idea! I'm hoping to finish my obd1 swap this summer. then again I've been "almost done" for two years...
    '89 SE-i Coupe
    Awaiting Garage
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter View Post
    its better to be retarded than advanced

Quote Originally Posted by stat1K View Post
    the reason the 4g distributor was utilized was because of it's external coil right?
    I am not sure, Mine has a internal coil.
    un-motivated!

3GR

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord SE-i Coupe

the 92-93 accord one is external coil. they are physically the same other than that. I know threres a reason we use 4g accord ones, I just don't remember why lol.
    '89 SE-i Coupe
    Awaiting Garage
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter View Post
    its better to be retarded than advanced

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 89T View Post
    Well Tim, possibly a flat plate with three mounting holes that mount to the base of the housing. It would have to be thin though.
    The issue with any sort of adapter plate is that you have to somehow extend the distributor key. If you made the plate *really* thin you might get away without it, but then it's going to be hard to mount the plate because the mounting screws to the head need to be flush.

I also had a thought of a cylinder that fits around the base of the distributer welded to a plate with the a20 bolt pattern. You would of course have the 3 mounting screws.
    Still have to extend the key. And not really any easier than a plate.

Now that I think of it, you'd still have to grind the water neck bolt and side of the distributer. hmm?
    And there's that too.

Quote Originally Posted by 2drSE-i View Post
    the 92-93 accord one is external coil. they are physically the same other than that. I know threres a reason we use 4g accord ones, I just don't remember why lol.
    I think it's mostly due to availability. I looked into using a 3g Prelude distributor (smaller case) but they have the #1 cylinder sensor mounted in a separate case run off the second cam, so that's out.

The coil location doesn't matter, either would work. I like the external coil because it gives you more flexibility in coils. But the internal one is more compact, so that's a plus.

Anyway, it just seems like modifying the distributor housing is the most direct route to take. And in my experience the most direct route is usually the best.

C|

Vehicle

Alright peoples,

I've been looking at the stack of OBD1 adapters that have been sitting in a box at least a year, and I started thinking that these things really need to go before I work on modifying distributors instead. So I'm putting them on sale. Because demand for them has been very low for awhile now this is pretty much going to be a closeout sale; meaning I won't likely make any more of them, ever. I could possibly be persuaded to make more in the future if people really wanted them, but I think modified distributors make more sense due to the lower cost.

So, $220 for the key and plate set, with hardware and seals, shipping included to anywhere in the US. Regular price was $300 so this is a sizable discount. This sale will end when the parts are all gone. I think I have 4 or 5 sets left.

C|

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Prelude 2.0Si-T

I thought the reason we stuck with F22 dizzy was cause it was the closest to the stock mounting points.... but with an adapter, we should be able to use any
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

Accord of the Year - 2006

Quote Originally Posted by gfrg88 View Post
    I thought the reason we stuck with F22 dizzy was cause it was the closest to the stock mounting points.... but with an adapter, we should be able to use any

The reason was because the 93 f22 distributor is an external coil not internal like the rest so less wiring.

Quote Originally Posted by cygnus x-1 View Post
    Alright peoples,

I've been looking at the stack of OBD1 adapters that have been sitting in a box at least a year, and I started thinking that these things really need to go before I work on modifying distributors instead. So I'm putting them on sale. Because demand for them has been very low for awhile now this is pretty much going to be a closeout sale; meaning I won't likely make any more of them, ever. I could possibly be persuaded to make more in the future if people really wanted them, but I think modified distributors make more sense due to the lower cost.

So, $220 for the key and plate set, with hardware and seals, shipping included to anywhere in the US. Regular price was $300 so this is a sizable discount. This sale will end when the parts are all gone. I think I have 4 or 5 sets left.

C|
    Ill
    pick 1up in a couple of Weeks.
    un-motivated!

3GR

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord Coupe

Discount!!!! O_O. If there is any left ill pick one up. Get paid next week.

called my friend and should have the Motor Mounts in by the weekend with Pictars!
    Last edited by ShyBoyCA6; 06-05-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by guaynabo89 View Post
    The reason was because the 93 f22 distributor is an external coil not internal like the rest so less wiring.

You can use either one, external or internal coil. The mechanicals are the same, just different wiring. Given the option I would choose external coil, just for more flexibility in choice of coil.

C|