Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to 3geez!

DX User

Re: Welcome to 3geez!

hey guys i am currently new to 3geezi have a 1988 dx,currently under construction. i have had for years. but i am currently doing a d series swap

Vehicle
    1985 Accord

Hi guys, I'm from the UK and I have joined in order to source parts for classic hondas, to find useful help and tips from you guys and to generally loiter the forum. No doubt you guyz will be an invaluable help

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-10-26 16.39.42.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	6635

Name:	2014-10-26 16.28.51.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	6636

Name:	20141108_164009.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	6637

Name:	20141108_164033.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	6638

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX

Hi All - I'm Ryan and I just bought an 89 LX 4 door. 266k miles. New head gasket, cam, valves, fuel pump, timing belt, water pump, radiator, distributor, and awesome 13" tires! Runs great and looks very good for being 25 years old. It is completely original and reminds me of how I fell in love with these cars when I was 11. Tell me why it steers better than any new car I've ever driven? I have owned a 92, 95, 03, and 10. None of them steered as good! This is my first carbed Accord (I drove an 88 carbed Prelude in high school and college) so I am going to put some work in to it. This car represents my journey to financial freedom. No car payments and I can restore it one part at a time.

DX User

Hi I'm Justyn I have a 1987 honda accord lx-I hatchback A20A3 motor 266k miles under construction came here for help

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord

Hey, my name is Jason. just joined the club. haha i got a 1989 accord for $2000 with 160K, good deal? it is a 2 door carbuerated.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LX

hello 3geez! my name is bram, i just joined the forum. i have a 86 accord with a16 engine, 351.xxx KM mileage and jammed window. bought it for $1000 lol nice to be here.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 honda accord lx

Hey all, I'm Jason. Just bought an 88 accord lx 4dr (189k)with some issues. Kept running into this forum in my Google searches and it seemed like a place i NEED to be. Best info i found anywhere is on here so I'm excited. Used to have an 84 accord that i loved, was still running like a champ at 350k when i gave it away and missed it ever since. Stoked to get another 500$ wonder car!

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LX-i Hatch

Hey guys, I just recently bought my '86 accord lxi hatch 5 spd and I'm already in love 😍 I don't know much about parts yet but I'm here to learn 👍 I have some ideas and plans for this baby!

welcome

Vehicle
    86 Accord DX four-door sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Clever Tribe View Post
    Hey guys, I just recently bought my '86 accord lxi hatch 5 spd and I'm already in love 😍 I don't know much about parts yet but I'm here to learn 👍 I have some ideas and plans for this baby!
    An 86 you say... For the love of god, don't break the turn signal stick or the whipper side ether on the combination switch. Mine was snapped off when I got my 86 and took some time finding a replacement

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Quote Originally Posted by Clever Tribe View Post
    Hey guys, I just recently bought my '86 accord lxi hatch 5 spd and I'm already in love �� I don't know much about parts yet but I'm here to learn �� I have some ideas and plans for this baby!

You are invited to our annual 3Geez meet in San Luis Obispo May 2 2015. Im from San Francisco and we have a few people making the drive down.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy View Post
    Yeah welcome too 2GG...whar ya been yourself, seems like vanished a while.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX

Hello, just joined. Got an 89 LX, A/T and carbed.

Had a new thing happen yesterday. Car has been hard to start (read everything here I think) but headed out and a few miles from home it dies at a stop sign. won't restart. Will only run when the starter is engaged.
    So, held the key to keep starter going and dropped it in gear and took off. Figuring I would then need a new starter and perhaps some wires if I could make it home without it catching fire. Went about 1/2 mile and had some momentum and released the key. It kept running. So weird.
    Went to put new cap and rotor on and it has oil in it.

I love cars, don't get me wrong, but sometimes they frustrate the shit out of me!!!

I expect this forum to be like a counseling session!

Vehicle
    86 Accord DX four-door sedan

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Hello, just joined. Got an 89 LX, A/T and carbed.

Had a new thing happen yesterday. Car has been hard to start (read everything here I think) but headed out and a few miles from home it dies at a stop sign. won't restart. Will only run when the starter is engaged.
    So, held the key to keep starter going and dropped it in gear and took off. Figuring I would then need a new starter and perhaps some wires if I could make it home without it catching fire. Went about 1/2 mile and had some momentum and released the key. It kept running. So weird.
    Went to put new cap and rotor on and it has oil in it.

I love cars, don't get me wrong, but sometimes they frustrate the shit out of me!!!

I expect this forum to be like a counseling session!
    . There is a seal in the distributor to keep oil out and it sounds like you need a new one. I replaced the seal and Bering in my 86 and found it's not all that hard too do.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX

Got that fixed. Car will not stay running unless you keep starter engaged when you put it into gear. Also hard to start.
    Got new plugs, cap & rotor. Didn't change a thing about how it starts.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX

In 40 years I have never had to hold the starter engaged and put car into gear and drive before being able to release the key so it will stay running.
    Also changed both fuel filters.
    Reading through all the FAQ and have seen similar issues but not this exact problem.

Really hoping someone out there can point me in the right direction.

Maybe a bad ignition switch?

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by 2oodoor View Post
    Yeah welcome too 2GG...whar ya been yourself, seems like vanished a while.
    Hey buddy! It's good to be back. Lots happened. Job change, less time, too many projects. I just decided I had to make time to get back over here more!

Vehicle
    1986 honda accord lx-i

Just reccenty bought a 86 lx-i hatch. i have been into other hondas before but this one has been sitting for 5 years and was going to get crushed. i bought it for $500 and hope to get it running soon . needs a lot of work

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord Lxi Sedan

Hey guys, I wanted to say thanks for all the info, I have been playing hell with my 88 but thanks to this site it's up and running again.
    I have an 88 Lxi 5 speed sedan, my mom bought it a couple of years ago for like $300. She got a new car a few months ago and my trans went out in my truck so I picked it up from her and have been enjoying it. It has 220000 on it but the engine and trans are good still, I had a ground wire go bad and it caused the throttle cable to melt into the plastic where it goes through the firewall, it was a pain but it's good to go now. Still need to replace the vc gasket but have been working on getting 26 years worth of cooked on sludge off the motor first haha

DX User

Hi every on glad to join in on a awesome Honda forum. I have a 97 Honda Accord LX that's hard to get rid of. I let it sit for 8 mo. Never went out to start her to keep her awake. (Don't ask me why please) I'm unable to drive for the time being. I just kept walking past her. So now I'm possibly thinking bout selling, MAYBE because after hearing some of your comments I may not be ready to let her go. I've had her since 2003. After getting her started found out the serpentine belt, basically alternator was bad. Not bad huh! Woke up next morning something had leaked from underneath. Now i have a gas line or tank issue. If its the tank man. 230k miles. Dunno whats next. Mechanic says $150 labor and parts for altenator. But... that has to be fixed before finding out the leak cost. Im trying to sell it. How much Im money am i trying to put into. If i sell.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX

Quote Originally Posted by Tonja View Post
    Hi every on glad to join in on a awesome Honda forum. I have a 97 Honda Accord LX that's hard to get rid of. I let it sit for 8 mo. Never went out to start her to keep her awake. (Don't ask me why please) I'm unable to drive for the time being. I just kept walking past her. So now I'm possibly thinking bout selling, MAYBE because after hearing some of your comments I may not be ready to let her go. I've had her since 2003. After getting her started found out the serpentine belt, basically alternator was bad. Not bad huh! Woke up next morning something had leaked from underneath. Now i have a gas line or tank issue. If its the tank man. 230k miles. Dunno whats next. Mechanic says $150 labor and parts for altenator. But... that has to be fixed before finding out the leak cost. Im trying to sell it. How much Im money am i trying to put into. If i sell.
    I'm probably going to regret engaging you on this but... do you mean an 87 Accord?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    89 Accord LX
    270k miles
    We've nicknamed it "The Time Machine"

DX User

Hi new here, my son and I picked up an 86 accord hatch for $750. We know what we want to do with it but may need your help with. Few things. Thanks for the add !

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX sedan

Hi my name is David and I am not new to the world of 3gee accords aka ca accords. I have had 3 but they were all LX-i's so this new 88 accord I got that was a lx is kinda new grounds for me. But I have a set of Innovative motor mounts that convert the a to b series motor. but what I wanted to know was would I need to replace the fuel pump because its carbed?

Name:	Fat Gladys2!.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	279.6 KB 
ID:	7093Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fat Gladys2!.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	279.6 KB 
ID:	7093
    Last edited by B20bFatGladys; 07-28-2015 at 07:07 AM.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXi

Hello! My name is Mike and I am the proud owner of a 1989 Honda Accord LXi! It will be called the "Death Star" project as I will be doing modifications with a Star Wars Theme.