Thread: Burgandy Dash, Driver rear white door

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX, 250,000 Miles, Daily Driver

Burgandy Dash, Driver rear white door

Ideally i would like an entire white 4 door LXI manual parts car. But the parts i really need first are an excellent condition burgandy dash. Then a rear driver door also in good non rust condition.

I'm in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Northern Indiana and i am willing to drive a bit or if you are willing to ship the dash i will pay shipping only if you are good at packaging things for shipping.

Thanks

1988 Honda Accord LSDX-I

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Re: Burgandy Dash, Driver rear white door

junkyard is going to be your best bet

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by MessyHonda View Post
    junkyard is going to be your best bet
    I've been looking for about 5 years. No junk yards have these cars anymore here. I'm really looking for an identical parts car to park behind the garage so i can have my own junk yard. That may take a while so for now i really need a dash to make the car a daily driver.

1988 Honda Accord LSDX-I

Vehicle
    1988 DX Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by conozo View Post
    I've been looking for about 5 years. No junk yards have these cars anymore here. I'm really looking for an identical parts car to park behind the garage so i can have my own junk yard. That may take a while so for now i really need a dash to make the car a daily driver.
    I realize it's been said, but with the scale of those objects, shipping is gonna be steep. Parts-Galore is located around Detroit MI, and has reliably had a decent amount of 3geez coming through its gates, I'd honestly suggest taking a Saturday off and making the drive, as the parts and gas will be far cheaper than shipping one out. That said, a parts car is ideal, I somehow managed to snag to two identical manual DX coupes (only around 1700 units apart!) that were both near rust free, and it's been an incredible feeling to be able to a car to test fit and pull from and another vehicle that's nothing but nice, I hope you find one!

Not sure why I can only attach hyperlinks to images at the moment, but there's currently three 3geez at the Telegraph road branch of Parts-Galore, two of which have brown dashes and one with a caramel dash, it'd be a pain to do the drive, but they're there! Go while you can!
    Last edited by B0CKS; 03-12-2019 at 10:41 AM.
    Bagged, Type R swapped, eternal project 1988 Honda Accord DX Coupe, 1985 Honda Spree

Build thread! https://www.3geez.com/forum/project-...upe-build.html
    [SIGPIC]

Vehicle

Thanks. That's only a 2hr15min drive for me. May do it this weekend. I do wish these junk yards would take pictures of their stuff. I have driven to a couple junk yards 2 hrs away in the past to find our their 1988 Accord is actually a 1990 Accord.

I assume the caramel one you are talking out is the burgundy, do you happen to remember if there are any white sedans.
    Last edited by conozo; 03-13-2019 at 07:39 PM.

1988 Honda Accord LSDX-I

Vehicle
    1988 DX Coupe

Thanks. That's only a 2hr15min drive for me. May do it this weekend. I do wish these junk yards would take pictures of their stuff. I have driven to a couple junk yards 2 hrs away in the past to find our their 1988 Accord is actually a 1990 Accord.

I assume the caramel one you are talking out is the burgundy, do you happen to remember if there are any white sedans.
    Nope, the only white car on the lot right now is the Coupe, the first sedan is tan, the second is a grey-ish color, sorry for the spam-tastic looking link, 3geez doesn't want to host files right now, so here's a few photos of the interiors that are there at the moment:
    TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free

...and here's all the rest of the photos I have of them, enjoy! TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free
    Last edited by B0CKS; 03-14-2019 at 12:08 PM.
    Bagged, Type R swapped, eternal project 1988 Honda Accord DX Coupe, 1985 Honda Spree

[SIGPIC]

Vehicle

Thanks for the pictures B0CKS. Went there this morning and did find a good condition burgundy dash, both front inner fender spash guards (lost mine during the conversion), and a burgandy center console that has the cassette organizer, but i have the SEI cupholders to put in there now.

Still would like a parts car but no urgency on that now that I have the dash.

That junk yard Parts-Galore is pretty nice with good prices. Our LKQ Take a Part junk yard here in fort wayne is trash, no wheelbarrows or they are all broken, complete mud pit with large areas under a half a foot of water, and the cars they just plop on the ground, only a few get some kind of jack. They just look at you and make up prices.

1988 Honda Accord LSDX-I

Vehicle
    1988 DX Coupe

Thanks for the pictures B0CKS. Went there this morning and did find a good condition burgundy dash, both front inner fender spash guards (lost mine during the conversion), and a burgandy center console that has the cassette organizer, but i have the SEI cupholders to put in there now.

Still would like a parts car but no urgency on that now that I have the dash.

That junk yard Parts-Galore is pretty nice with good prices. Our LKQ Take a Part junk yard here in fort wayne is trash, no wheelbarrows or they are all broken, complete mud pit with large areas under a half a foot of water, and the cars they just plop on the ground, only a few get some kind of jack. They just look at you and make up prices.
    I'm glad you found what you were looking for! As far as I can tell, I've been the only pulling anything from those cars, so I'm glad to hear that you able to get some parts from them! And yeah man, I have a lot of respect for Parts-Galore, every one of their three locations is usually pretty clean and the amount of Hondas that roll into there are more than any other yard in the state! Plus the prices are generally pretty reasonable, so that's a big plus, but i hope you ultimately find the parts car of your dreams lmao, keep it up!

[SIGPIC]