Thread: Cylinder head removal on LXi

DX User
    Vehicle
    1976 Datsun 280Z 2+2

Cylinder head removal on LXi

I just pulled the cylinder head on my brothers 89 Accord LXi because he blew the head gaskest. The removal went smoothly until we uctually lifted the head off with the intake manifold attached to the head, we lifted the head off and heard a crack. When we set the head down on a buck and turned it over we notcied a plastic tube that went through a hole in the manifoldnear the throttle body, underneath the manifold. It had broken off. I looked at the block, theres the other half of the tube on the back of the block. It goes into a black metal box thats part of the support bracket for the manifold. what is this tube? And is it exspensive? Thanks.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LXi
    It's part of the PCV system...kinda important [/sarcasm]. The hose usually gets very hard and brittle from age. You should probably get that replaced. I suggest getting it from the dealer. Not sure if it's a special type of hose or not.
    1988 Accord LXi Sedan
    Custom Cold Air Intake -- Custom Exhaust -- Neuspeed Springs -- ACT Stage II Clutch

Alpine 9815 -- MTX 2300X -- 2 JL 10W3V2's