Thread: Worst weekend of my life

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord LX

Worst weekend of my life

1) Ok i was driving along and i hit a pot hole sorta, and heard a big bang. And now all of the sudden my car wont stay ideal, i can drive it but i cant let go of gas. So i had to tow it 200km for free all the way home (thnx CAA)

2) All of the sudden two nights ago my brake lamp wnet on and wont turn off, my brakes and all lights work

3) My signals work when they feel like it, when they dpont work i turn the hazerd lights on then the signals and they work, sometimes they work fine

Heh i just got my license on Friday to, of course this is the good news after i recovered form a concussion i received when me and my supposid cheap friends crashed a NON insured boat. Now they bitch about not having money and they think im paying the whole boat worth over proll 1500$ cnd.

If anyone knows or can help with any of these problems please let me know thnx.

Vehicle
    87 Accord EX , 5spd , Manual
    about the first one ! it 's propably the idle mixture screw fell off ! to find where it is check the faqs ! " how to adjust the carb " or carb question check here ! "
    just locate it and plug it with your thump ! if it idles good so you need to buy this screw !

MIKE
    3geez member since October 4th 2001

Vehicle
    2005 Mazda 3
    my brake lamp does the same thing, how do i fix that

all lights work fine

LX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i (RIP)
    It could be your emergency brake. Check your handle. It should be sitting all the way down. Test it out, by pushing down on it (not hard, just to make sure it's all the way down), and if the light goes off that might be it. A very common thing (I have to adjust mine periodically to keep it from doing that).

If it is that, then look for a plastic cover on the console plastic in the back seat area. Pop it up, and you'll see the e-brake cable. There will be a nut you can tighten up that will make the cable more tight, and stop the light from coming on.

Maybe it's not your e-brake, but check it, it's a freebie.
    This useless space for sale, please inquire at the front desk.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX 5spd
    Have you checked the level of the brake fluid. The light is supposed to come on when there's not enough fluid in there.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986/Accord/LX
    I don't think they mean the Brake Light (Square thing at top of gauges) They mean the thing next to the picture of the car, behind the trunk.. Says "Brake Lamp" Mine won't turn off either.
    My Car: 1986 LX Accord
    Mods: Clear bumper lenses
    Engine: Thinking of converting to EFI or Weber Carb

James

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 honda accord lxi
    Silver bullet anyone?

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 honda accord lxi
    just kidding...

Vehicle
    2005 Mazda 3
    Originally posted by James
    I don't think they mean the Brake Light (Square thing at top of gauges) They mean the thing next to the picture of the car, behind the trunk.. Says "Brake Lamp" Mine won't turn off either.
    thats the one! i think theres a little black box type sensor around the tail lights somewere, could that "go bad"?

LX User
    Vehicle
    was 89 Honda Accord LX-i now 2014 Dodge Dart
    ya mine does that too...every once in a while it comes on and stays on..sometimes it dont come on..very anoying...
    89 accord LX-i , may she rest in peace
    7/1989 build date
    6/2000-4/2003 135624 Miles
    :bh::pimp:

4/03-11/04 94 Saturn Sl2
    11/04-03/14 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
    3/14- now 2014 Dodge Dart SE

The need for speed is never satisfyed

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    there is a box on the tail light assembly that controls the brake light failure. yep, they can go bad due to water leaking into them or even the brake lamp housing insides being corroded.

for your turn signals not working, one problem might lie in the relay on the back of ur cabin fuse box, if not, its ur switch on ur steering wheel. get all the shit from ur local garage and check it out before u can buy it (if that is possible) sometimes i wish u guys had garage like i go to wher eu can go pick it yourself, negotiate a price, try things out before buying it. ANd yeah, you get a lot of 3g choice too. hehehe, damn ppl crash 3gs all the time. (((including me))

LXi User
    Vehicle
    1990 Honda Accord Ex 5spd.
    i used to have that problem of the turn signals not blinking sometimes also. It's annoying, but i fixed it by getting a new engine..... hmm.. not a practical fix huh? well i did notice though that it seems to do it when it's colder out. I haven't had a problem when it's been hot lately.
    "If you were paying attention DANIEL you'd know the Nintendo's pass threw everything!"
    - Col Jack O'Neal - Stargate sg-1.