Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuck!! Someone broke into my car!

Vehicle
    Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan

Angry Fuck!! Someone broke into my car!

Well I guess it had to happen to me at some time or another. I walk out to my car this afternoon to go to work, and this is what I see

And what you don't see is that they also took my big toolbox I had in the trunk. Nearly all my tools were in there (and yes, I realize now how stupid it was to leave them in the car, so don't say it). They also took all my CD's, as well as the cell phone (I don't really care about that though, I was gonna get another one anyways). It still makes me so mad though knowing some little fucker was in my car! Ya know? Well at least my renters insurance will cover the tools. I only have liability on the car, so their not covering the stereo or the door or anything, which sucks ass, but I can get by without that for a while. I'm lost without my tools though.

Ahhhhh!!! I HATE fucking thievs!!! theivs

Sorry, just had to vent a bit
    -Jared

Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 436,600 miles and still going strong!
    Black/Red '04 Honda CBR 600 F4i -256,100 miles and also counting quick

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord DX Hatchback
    SORRY man theives such shit! I am still in the process of getting my car back to how she was. At least they didn't take your whole car! What sucks the most is wondering who the fuck did it...almost like they were just waitin jack your shit. Sorry about your tools I agree that's the worst!

theives
    86 accord dx wrecked

Vehicle
    88 LX-i
    awww! that sucks! I'm sorry!!
    "Citius, Altius, Fortius"
    -Aella

SEi User
    Vehicle
    81 HB LX, 84 HB S, 89 LX-i Coupe

Re: Fuck!! Someone broke into my car!

Originally posted by Jareds 89 LX-i
    Well I guess it had to happen to me at some time or another. I walk out to my car this afternoon to go to work, and this is what I see

And what you don't see is that they also took my big toolbox I had in the trunk. Nearly all my tools were in there (and yes, I realize now how stupid it was to leave them in the car, so don't say it). They also took all my CD's, as well as the cell phone (I don't really care about that though, I was gonna get another one anyways). It still makes me so mad though knowing some little fucker was in my car! Ya know? Well at least my renters insurance will cover the tools. I only have liability on the car, so their not covering the stereo or the door or anything, which sucks ass, but I can get by without that for a while. I'm lost without my tools though.

Ahhhhh!!! I HATE fucking thievs!!! theivs

Sorry, just had to vent a bit
    You hit the nail on the head-- sooner or later it does happen. I bet someone has tried before, too. I have an alarm for the simple fact that it is HELLA expensive to replace fucked up speakers, dashboard, door handles etc. If they're clean about it, you just lose your stereo and some glass. Alas, the peeps breaking in our cars normally are NOT good (pros if you will), but just kids looking for some quick $$. I was lucky cuz I had my face off, empty trunk. They broke the window ($40) and didn't stab anything. The $300 for an alarm is worth it; no one wants our cars bad enough to really work on bypassing a good alarm (unless you floss your tunes, which is your own prob).

Vehicle
    1986 Prelude 2.0si turbo - 1990 Integra moutain carver - 1993 Nissan 300ZXTT w/ more power than god
    They took my toolbox, too. Ugh, that pissed me off!

Yeah, get an alarm on it. They break the glass, set off the thing, it scares most away who would break into such an old car.
    I am the wrath of the server you curse and the demon of the directory you cry about - making life hell for users, one deleted file at a time.

SEi User
    i know how you feel too. sorry though. guess the theif wasnt very smart and didnt know about the coat hanger through the top of the door trick....ive locked my keys in my car before and it takes me like 30seconds to unlock it with a coat hanger....shows you how easy of a target our cars are..

Vehicle
    89 Accord LXI - sold, 1996 TL - sold, now I have a 2003 Acura CL Type S

damn

I've had 5 attempts on my car, and all 5 times they fucked up my car tryin to get in, although they never did get in. Thieves do suck, but let me guess, you didn't have an alarm. To be honest that's just dumb not to have one. But hopefully now you'll get one.

Started with a 89 Accord LXI - 96 Acura TL - 2003 Acura CL Type S..

my other site, www.brandonlee.com!

Vehicle
    88 Hybrid Accord LX-i
    Shit man! This is not our year!
    http://vtecnos.tripod.com

Member Since 7-9-01

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 Accord Lx-i
    My car has been broken in 3 times(count'em, 3 times) within the last 2 years. Each time my car got broken in, it happen exactly the same way. All 3 times, the motherfucker would break the small triangle window in the rear passenger side. He then would reach in and open the door. After that, he would take his fucking time and search my car for valuable(not that I put any valuable item in). The 1st time it happen, nothing was stolen but I still had to replace the window. The 2nd time, my cheap tape deck(no idea why the want it) was stolen. The 3rd time it happen, nothing was stolen either. I'm suspecting it's the same dam motherfucker in my area that is doing it . After some many break in, I don't know why that fucking mother don't realize that there nothing of valuable worth stealing. Right now, I am using an alarm and the club in conjuction with the autolock. I swear man, if I ever caught him...

Oh yeah, my "H" logo on the front and back was recently stolen too. Guess our 3G is still popular even till today.

DX User
    Vehicle
    '89 Honda Accord Lx-I
    My entire car was stolen. A 1978 oldsmobile Delta 88. It sucked ass. Lost my tools, all my cd's and my check book. What sucked the most was that i love everything. Screwed up my entire liife up until this point. It's been a year this month. The bitch of them matter the fuckers wrote 8000 bucks in bad checks. And i'm STILL dealing with that issue. Once i recovered my car i rigged a cut off switch to maybe stop them next time. Once i get my bills paid off i'm going to restore her the the original condition. The only good thing is that i bought my accord to replace the olds before i recovered the car. So there's some good in everything.

-Lē

Jared,

They stole the temp and fan control panel, too?

That hole under the door handle looks just like what happened to my passenger side door when mine was forcibly entered last year. They screwed up the actuator rod and ended up breaking the window, too. My insurance did cover it all, minus deductible. I fixed it all myself although I could not get the door perfect again. I did get it pretty decently done and the handle works right now. I didn't see that it was worth getting the $600 worth of body work and paint on the door when the rest of the body is 13 years old.

Sorry to hear your tale of woe. I think this shit only gets worse when the economy is in a downturn.

I still want a James Bond anti-theft system. Smash the window and the car blows up, taking the bad guys with it!

Later.

Vehicle
    87 Accord (RIP), 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    that sucks!! and thats exactly how they got into my car too. just pop a screwdriver under the handle.
    - Joe

Vehicle
    86 Accord Exi
    yeah man i know exactly how u feel dude, car got broken into like a few weeks ago and i am dealin wit the insurance shyt right now for my stereo and system. But yeah man get an alarm i got mine now and yeah i think its a good investment, hope everything works out for u man and the thief gets run over or something peace! :pimp:
    86 Electron Blue Accord Exi
    3geez Member since October 31st 2001

Vehicle
    Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan
    Yea I'm still pretty pissed about it. I don't think they actually bent any of the little rods in the door or anything because both inside and outside door handles work just fine, the key works to lock on unlock, and the door still locks and latches properly. But a big hole still remains under my door handle.....grrrr . And no Mike, I don't have an alarm, but you also have to remember that not all of us have $300-400 sitting around to spend on that type of stuff -- some of us who don't have rich parental units actually have to pay for everything ourselves, and I would like to keep a roof over my head and food on my table, thank you. Ya know what I mean? And I also come from a small town where people leave their keys in the ignition with the doors unlocked every night, without ever a worry about getting stuff stolen. And there never was any problems. So this type of stuff never really even crossed my mind (sounds stupid, I know, but it's true). But now, an alarm is something I'm definitely going to save up to get. I'll think of something creative to torture any thief that gets into my car, heheh

Anyways, no, they didn't steal the temp/fan selector thingy, they just took it off (probably to get the stereo out) and left it on the passanger side floor, with the knobs in the back. I really am glad they didn't do any other damage to the car itself, like slashing the dash or seats, etc. A friend of mine just got his '98 Chevy Malibu broken into a couple weeks ago and they tore the sh!t out of that thing, which was on top of stealing his stereo and some other stuff. Anyways, the insurance guy said he was sending the check out today so I can go get some more tools, and I'll just stick the old Honda tape deck back in for now (if it still works, lol). I'm also very glad they didn't take the whole car. I love my car soooooo much, I would have cried and weeped for many many days, and would be forced to go buy another black 88-89 Accord LX-i sedan just like it, but it wouldn't be the same. There was no damage to the ignition switch though and my key still works fine, so I guess they didn't even try.

Oh well, I guess it could be alot worse. Sh!t happens!
    -Jared

Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 436,600 miles and still going strong!
    Black/Red '04 Honda CBR 600 F4i -256,100 miles and also counting quick

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    we all need to start discussing how to really protect these investments... i know we have the audio/security forum, but i feel that we do need to address this issue in a mpore maticulous manner...

it is very sad that we live in this world in this time... in a time that we have to go around worried about if our houses are safe when we leave them... if we are safe when we leave them... and our families, our livelyhoods... everything

it's just sad that people are driven so much by GREED that they steal car stereos

if they were needy, they would steal what they deeded... trust me on this one

Derick

Vehicle
    85 Suburban, 86 Accord EX-i, 89 Accord SE-i, 90 Accord EX-R,
    That really sucks. If you can find the time, you can bend that hole close to normal again with some pliers after removing the door handle. The metal is pretty thin. The 88 on both sides had a simular indent so when I painted the handles, I bent the metal back to shape while the handles were off of the door. In my opionion, after talking to insurance adjusters and wreckers that frequently get stolen written off Hondas, one of the best things to do is get an alarm with keyless entry, shave the door locks, take off the inside door lock knob, and all the rods that would have connected to those two things. Then prying up on the handles wouldn't open anything and the coat hanger trick wouldn't work too well either. Also, a hidden shut off switch would help too. If thieves want your car baddly enough, they will get it no matter what but this should help in most cases where they just want the stereo or something.
    www.b20accord.com

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    2003 Dodge Ram 2500 hemi. 1990 Nissan 240sx.
    One of my freinds who is a good martial artist cuaght a thief stealing his car but the timing was great as he was able to sneak up into the thief. Lets just say that the thief at the end was begging for the authorities to arrive.

I find the best anti theft device is the Club. Wont protect your audio valuables tho. But it makes the car near impossible to drive off with. I park my car in a apartment garage so its safe there. But if i had a nice stereo and i plan to get one eventually i guess id take it with me if i parked in a place i didnt feel it was safe. Keyless entry conversion how much does go for?

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 Accord Lx-i
    Originally posted by Inabj2
    I find the best anti theft device is the Club. Wont protect your audio valuables tho. But it makes the car near impossible to drive off with.
    err...with the club, they easily defeat it by just cutting your steering wheel. What it does do is make them take "longer" to steal your car. Still, some protection is better none. I'm using the club, an autolock and an alarm on my car. Sometimes you have to be extreme when your car gets broken in 3 times like mine.

Vehicle
    85 Suburban, 86 Accord EX-i, 89 Accord SE-i, 90 Accord EX-R,
    I used to think the Club was useless since I saw a report on how easy it was to just cut the steering wheel but after talking to the insurance company, it turns out they will reinburse the $300 deductible if I had one on there and it still got stolen. Plus I save a little on my yearly insurance since I have a club and alarm w/ immobilizer.
    Keyless entry will depend on your car. If you have power locks, then all you need is the $30 kit. If not, then you need the motors, rods, and extra accessories (no idea how much it costs) . To shave the front locks, you need to pick up a pair of rear door handles (from a 3rd gen sedan) from the wreckers (usually about $25). This trick will acutally work with most Honda's.
    www.b20accord.com

Vehicle
    2006 Mazda 6 S
    has anyone ever thought of trying use the cigarette lighter as a kill switch? I imagine it would take some extensive re-wiring, but can't see it being more than wiring in a seperate kill switch. Plus how many people would think that the lighter was where the secondary kill switch was?

Of course if you're a smoker, this probably wouldn't work.. lol
    I'm just like any other member on this board.......

Vehicle
    87 3G RIP, 95 KA7, 95 5G Coupe

thas foul man

I feel for ya man. It was stolen while you were at your house?
    Thas bad when people can't come up themselves and they only think of jackin somebody elses shit.
    If a bitch trues to jack my shit I'ma be waitin to give him his brain damage.
    I got the avital alarm and a head-busta on my hip, which gives me burns on my waistline, cuz I can't afford a jack

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    2003 Dodge Ram 2500 hemi. 1990 Nissan 240sx.
    What about car covers? does that psychologically detter people from picking a covered car? As for taking the steering wheel off do they bring their own steering wheel? The wheel will still have a nice club attached to it. As for the guy that got his car stolen where do you keep your car? Man if only you had a video cam hidden to see who takes your car....

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SE-i coupe
    I'll think of something creative to torture any thief that gets into my car, heheh
    Halon.

My collection: Stay tuned! (04/02/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    glorious!

imagine a beowulf cluster of tho... oh wait... its sabz. how is the beowulf cluster of myth boxen treating you?

LX User
    Vehicle
    86'Honda Accord Lx-i
    Well, if you don't mess with your stereo much, like the back of the head unit, then take a bunch of razor blades and Krazy Glue them to the back of your head unit. That'll teach'm not to fuck with your shit when the blood is pouring out of their hands.
    That's just a suggestion, but kinda cruel, yet funny in a sick way.

Chris
    *1986 Honda Accord Lx-i* 5-spd.
    17" Konig Maxxum Cam 178's wrapped in 205/40/ZR17 Kumho Ecsta Supras, Eibach Sportlines, Tokico struts, 92-95 civic custom short ram air intake, Magnaflow streetseries exhaust, 20% tint all around, Red/Black taillights, painted calipers and drums, hyperwhite corner bulbs, blue interior lights, Racing pedals, Carbon fiber shift knob

Vehicle
    88 Accord LX-i 5 spd.
    Originally posted by Chris86Lxi
    Well, if you don't mess with your stereo much, like the back of the head unit, then take a bunch of razor blades and Krazy Glue them to the back of your head unit. That'll teach'm not to fuck with your shit when the blood is pouring out of their hands.
    That's just a suggestion, but kinda cruel, yet funny in a sick way.

Chris
    LMAO....then what, bill them for the reupolster with the blood stains all over? :lol
    -Aaron-
    "I play russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"