Thread: Help amp won't come on!!!!

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX

Help amp won't come on!!!!

I just put in my new 700s Rockford and it won't come on. I also installed a Monster Digicap and it works fine(It runs off of a remote power like the amp.) I spliced the remote power line to send part to the cap and part to the amp. Can anyone please help me.

Vehicle
    see user name
    well, first of all, get yourself a volt meter if you don't already have one or borrow one. Check to see if you have power at the amp. Check the power wire coming from the cap to the amp and the remote wire. If you have 12volts at each then I don't see why the amp shouldn't turn on. If you don't have 12volts at one or the other, then check your connections and see what happens.
    Check to make sure you have a good ground as well.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!!!:p
    89 Lx-i
    Performance: K&N filter,custom CAI, Accel coil, MSD 6aL ignition, magnecor wires, high flow injectors, FPR, sport exhaust,Tokico springs/struts
    Appearance: white gauges, side markers, headlight conversion, clear bumper signal/fog light conversion, SE-i center armrest and cupholder, SE-i leather seats
    17" ADRs with 205/40/17 khumos
    future plans: 16" or 17" rims(can scratch that one off the list 9-12-02), headers-high flow cat.-cat back piping. Rear disc brakes from SE-i, reground cam.

Vehicle
    2005 Mazda 3
    what do you mean spliced? as in parallell? or series? one affects current while the other affects voltage, thats all i could think of sorry....well it may sound redundant but check fuses and ground on your amp

Voltage(V)=Current(mA)/Resistance(ohms)

p.s. Rockford

LX User
    Vehicle
    89 Accord LXi Sedan
    Isn't that

Voltage(V) = Current(mA) * Resistance(ohms)

Vehicle
    2005 Mazda 3
    hmmmmm

hahah yes it is...it was late...sorry